The online racing simulator
how is lfs pronounced???
(40 posts, started )
how is lfs pronounced???
just out of curiousity, how is live for speed pronounced?

L-AYE-VEH for speed- as in a refrence to it's online cabability
-or-
LH-II-VE for speed- as in a passion for racing

because when i talk to my friends verbally, i just say "EL-EF-ES"
I just say 'Live For Speed' but write 'LFS'. They're both three syllables.

EDIT: Aha, I see what you're saying now. I pronounce the 'live' bit 'LIV' to rhyme with 'give'.
#3 - sam93
obvious, the same way you say live, the name is live for speed, in a sentance, I live for speed.
#4 - J@tko
Quote from atlantian :just out of curiousity, how is live for speed pronounced?

-or-

the second one - like 'to live in a house'.
I can remember another post with the same topic, but it surprises me that a native speaker would have problems with it.
Just stand back and ponder upon it and then chose the one that makes sense.
It is pronounced like the ive in give, but how is Scavier said?

Can we get a recording of the devs saying it for proper refrence?
This is how i say scavier, dunno bout you guys.

SCAV-E-ER

About how to say live for speed, i thought you just say it how you would. I say the live part as "i live in a house".

How are you exactly saying it? Do you say the "live" part as "i went to see abba live at a concert."?

I gather its the "live" part your having trouble with, as the "for" and "speed" parts are pretty obvious and simple to pronounce.
Quote from atlantian :just out of curiousity, how is live for speed pronounced?

-or-

What the hell is L-AYE-VEH ??????? Is that how you pronounce live (like to live in a house) in Americaland? If it is then god help you

And is LH-II-VE mean to be live (like this concert is broadcast live)
Quote from JO53PHS :What the hell is L-AYE-VEH ??????? Is that how you pronounce live (like to live in a house) in Americaland? If it is then god help you

rofl, you got it backwards...
Quote from Rappa Z :It is pronounced like the ive in give, but how is Scavier said?

Can we get a recording of the devs saying it for proper refrence?

Well it's made up from 'Scawen', 'Victor' and 'Eric', so its 'SKA - VEE - AIR', as opposed to I suppose 'SKA-VEE-UR' or 'SKA-VEE-AY'.
i pronounce liv for speed.... live is like weird
Live...From New York... It's Saturday Night!

It's Liv for me too. I just wanted to be Chevy Chase for a moment.
Quote from JO53PHS :What the hell is L-AYE-VEH ??????? Is that how you pronounce live (like to live in a house) in Americaland? If it is then god help you

layeveh is how you say "and now we go live to steve who has an apricot up his arse"

lhiive is how you say "we all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine"
Quote from ColeusRattus :I can remember another post with the same topic, but it surprises me that a native speaker would have problems with it.
Just stand back and ponder upon it and then chose the one that makes sense.

Yeah i remember that too, it was a couple of years ago and i'm really tempted to crack the same GPL joke again.

But to the OP, if you're having problems with the pronunciation of the word live in Live For Speed, then you ain't got a chance with the name Scawen
I pronouce it 'RE-TARD'. Sometimes I pronouce it 'LEAVE-FOR-SPEEDE'.
Quote from Mazz4200 :But to the OP, if you're having problems with the pronunciation of the word live in Live For Speed, then you ain't got a chance with the name Scawen

LOL. Even though we've been through the pronunciation of Scawen, and we've heard Dev interviews where Scawen's name has been said, I still think of it as exactly how it's spelled.

Though, I believe in a long ago thread, it was determined that Scawen was pronounced "scan" as in "I will scan these photos onto the computer", but I think it was an interview with Eric that I heard it pronounced like "fawn" as in a baby deer.

Live for Speed is quite simple. What do you live for? I Live for Speed! The other one doesn't make sense unless you remove the "for" or replace it with something else.
Live = Liv != Lyve

Scawen = Scorn or Scawn
Me and the rest of Moo Racing, call it "Luh-Fuh-Suh"

Don't know why, we must have mad cow disease
Quote from atlantian :L-AYE-VEH for speed- as in a refrence to it's online cabability
-or-

how come an American doesn't know the difference between "live" and "life"?
I pronounce "LFS" as:
EL - EFF - ESS
Double-U Tee Efff.
Quote from Bladerunner :I pronounce "LFS" as:
EL - EFF - ESS

same, can't be bothered to say the full name all the time

Lurfs!

(No, if you're outside the UK you won't get that)
ok, i think that the first few posts covered it... it's "we all live for speed" not "it's a live racing experience online" just trying to clear that up, and i have no idea why people would think i have problem with my English... It's the same word that could be used in different contexts and be pernounced differently accordingly. and there is no context clues in the name phrase:"live for speed" it can be either.

some of you guys should stop being immature and rude

how is lfs pronounced???
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG