The online racing simulator
First Nissan R35 GTR Crashed!!
(43 posts, started )
Quote from Rappa Z :I'd rip out the engine, chassis, and transmission and put nice R34 body over it.

I highly doubt that these components would make the old Sky better (I mean if you tune the RB26DETT to the levels of R35 engine
Don't be so harsh guys he probably has a bad connection and got some lag...
He was probably just too busy watching his g-meters. or maybee wanted to see how comfy the airbags were. (they look kinda plush to me)
if i got a gtr, and i was in japan, i would go cruising, looking for a showdown with a 911.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Shame about the car. I dont know if im in a small majority here but i love the way it looks.

It looks american to me. Like the latest Mustang design - better than the '90s models, but still teh suck.

They shouldn't put so many driver aid gizmos on sports cars. And they shouldn't put any on there if there's an option to switch them off. At least let the driver get used to how the thing's going to behave first before he decides he's going to go commando.
i think besides the computer aids, it's already has a grippy suspension. but the gtr is MADE to brake laws of physics, with all those aids, it's almost impossible to lose it around a corner.
I can imagine 10 years from now, cars being where the aircraft industry is today, where if the computer systems DO fail, the car just instantly spins out of control and crashes, since it needs all 176 systems working together to keep in on the road and driving. Cars will be designed to be purposely unstable at normal speeds so as to enhance the handling characteristics (sound familiar???)
Quote from Gunn :It's a lesson in how to make an ugly car look even uglier.

What he said.
Quote from atlantian :i think besides the computer aids, it's already has a grippy suspension. but the gtr is MADE to brake laws of physics, with all those aids, it's almost impossible to lose it around a corner.

What, exactly, is 'grippy suspension'? All the cars I've come across have had smooth, metallic suspensions that don't provide much friction on the road at all.
I dont know about the gtr but an example of a grippy suspension is an unequal double wishbone suspension, where the suspension adjusts the camber as deflection happens during a turn. giving youmaximum grip
So you think its like the Eurofighter? Computers must be working otherwise it will just drop off the road into a group of amazed men being told by their girlfriends that its 'just a car'.
Quote from Stang70Fastback :I can imagine 10 years from now, cars being where the aircraft industry is today, where if the computer systems DO fail, the car just instantly spins out of control and crashes, since it needs all 176 systems working together to keep in on the road and driving. Cars will be designed to be purposely unstable at normal speeds so as to enhance the handling characteristics (sound familiar???)

hehe, you're talking about pretty much all modern fighters here. I think even the russians have already built something purposely unstable. Good thing is: these things do not run Windows
Quote from atlantian :I dont know about the gtr but an example of a grippy suspension is an unequal double wishbone suspension, where the suspension adjusts the camber as deflection happens during a turn. giving youmaximum grip

My MX-5 and my Reynard all have unequal length double wishbone. But that's where the similarities end. The inclination of the bars, their relative lengths, and a whole host of other factors decide whether or not it had good camber control (in either roll or ride, but not both), sensible roll centres in both roll and ride, track changes... The list goes on and on.

To simply say that unequal [length] double wishbone is grippy is proving you don't have a clue - about as much of a clue as you've had about anything around here...

The Eurofighter is unstable, and relies on computers. It's designed to kill before being killed. Every advantage counts. War is not [meant to be] a spectator sport, and nor are the pilots THAT highly paid. A road car is meant to be fun, a race car is meant to be exciting and a little bit inaccessable, and so electronics like on all Skylines has no deserved place in automotive history or future (in my opinion). ABS I can just about allow, because most people don't know how to brake (but then again, they don't know how to use ABS either). TC is only applicable in cars with over 500hp - certainly not FWD shopping trolleys.
ok, isn't a double wishbone suspension supposed to right the camber gain when cornering? that's just my idea of grippy, what is more grippy?
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Anyway, this is the damage Gran Turismo has done, rich people thinking they can drive supercars, if he owned LFS he would of held a nice powerslide and everyone would stare in amazement and instantly want to sex the driver.

LOLLLL i'm using that as my signature loll
Quote from Stang70Fastback :I can imagine 10 years from now, cars being where the aircraft industry is today, where if the computer systems DO fail, the car just instantly spins out of control and crashes

and asks you to update the driver to a better one, AND says "Your software's trial period has ended
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :
Anyway, this is the damage Gran Turismo has done, rich people thinking they can drive supercars, if he owned LFS he would of held a nice powerslide and everyone would stare in amazement and instantly want to sex the driver.

LMAO
Quote from St4Lk3R :hehe, you're talking about pretty much all modern fighters here. I think even the russians have already built something purposely unstable. Good thing is: these things do not run Windows

Exactly. I was thinking about the Eurofighter Typhoon, but pretty much all modern military aircraft are the same way at this point.

First Nissan R35 GTR Crashed!!
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG