The online racing simulator
Front Tires... 109 Celcius... [not a bug]
I looking at my randomness the other day and saw this:

My front tire is at 49degree celcius, then goes to 109 and cool down again.
Probably just a flatspot.
Looks like a flat/hot spot to me...
just a hot spot....
#5 - Dru
what is a hot-spot not...................

A GOOD SPOT
Flatspot to me!
#7 - Sk0rp
Yes, it have to be a flatspot!
When you are driving the values of the tire-temperatures changes. Its because the tire spins and another "side" of the tire is shown. If one part of the tire is hot and you parked your car, you can look how the hot part of the tire is cooling down.
Thats not a bug, that just the fantastic LFS physic!
Quote from Riders Motion :I looking at my randomness the other day and saw this:

My front tire is at 49degree celcius, then goes to 109 and cool down again.

when your tires wear they cool down, maybe that is what you mean?
It's not a very big picture, but it doesn't look like a flatspot at all. It's just a hotspot. There is a difference (but not many people seem to either care or know that)
I'm presuming a flat spot is where the tyre has been flattened slightly from locking, and hot spot is when a certain part is hot?
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I'm presuming a flat spot is where the tyre has been flattened slightly from locking, and hot spot is when a certain part is hot?

I think in first couple of lockings you get a hot spot, and then if you go on locking the tyre will lock at the hot spot every time so it becomes a flat spot?
Now i look at this again. Isn't this meant as a joke? He is worrying about his left front tire while his backtires can blow any moment?
hotspots r dangerous! the can cause flatspots and tire blow-outs!!!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG