The online racing simulator
This is not just a suggestion
(305 posts, closed, started )
The thing with LFS is, They dont make the game to make money, they make the game for US, the Real Lovers who Love LFS always and will wait forever for it. And I dont really care what other sims are out there, LFS is My Wife
Quote from RudiTurbo :LFS is My Wife

I don't care how awful this sounds... but I find it kind of funny how some say "The sex stops once you have a wife" Poor Rudi
LFS is my Whore, means I can **** her senseless, throw some money at her and return to real life knowing a good time was had . . .
It is odd witnessing all this crying and screaming. As Scawen mentioned, it's very strange all this behaviour in gaming communities - anger, whining, tantrums and demands etc.

Personally I feel pity for these impatient types. And envy too. Pity because obviously they seem to have little else in their lives worth their time and passion. And envy because they seem to have little in their lives to worry them or burden them. Either that or they have a major perspective malfunction.

I use sim racing and LFS as my hobby. I just wait till Scawen sends my a nice email. Makes a nice surprise every few months. And as he mentioned, they can't actually physically work and create faster than they already are. Unless they give up all life outside of LFS and become 24hr LFS robots.

Have a nice Christmas folks
Quote from dontsimon :Unless they give up all life outside of LFS and become 24hr LFS robots.

[Humour]Ah! That gives me an idea maybe Scawen should not spend anytime on AI programming for drivers and instead develop some AI progammers Imagine LFS distributed to 1000's of PC's with AI programming modules all programming the next release of LFS while we play LFS Hey and if they did this they could also have time to race with us and live normal lives I'm sure their girlfriends will like the idea LOL[/Humour]

Have a nice Chistmas and/or holidays all
Quote from Tweaker :I don't care how awful this sounds... but I find it kind of funny how some say "The sex stops once you have a wife" Poor Rudi

Researchers discovered a food that reduces a womans sex drive by 98%. The food is called "Wedding Cake".

I don't see what all the fuss is about. The devs never promisied anything. They have always told everyone it'll be done when it's done, and not 1 day sooner.

I haven't raced in a while, been busy with other things [a.k.a. life] and as soon as I get a chance, I'll grab a few laps. As soon as I get messages about patches, I'll grab em and be happy.

When it's time to buy S3, I'll buy it and have fun with it, and I'll be happy.
Quote from Speed Soro :So, don't change this thread to other section, please.

It's an alert, if you want to call it so.

Scawen my far far away friend, you are just losing space in the market.

We need some news, not news like progress report, but real new game's things, and we hope those can't be so hard to implement.

We are about to receive NK Pro, and just finish to get GT Legends...

GTL has no bugs in physics, is based on real cars and real tracks, and have so many more appeals that is becoming hard to keep playing LFS.

Scawen, Victor and Erick, my dears, why don't you open your code to helpmates around the world? I'm sure they'll help you with many things that surely take big chunks of time and you could concentrate yourselves in that is most important, that is, gain market.

We need to resolve the grip issue, and we need to resolve the downforce issue, and the countersteer. We need new tracks, and perhaps could have night races and rainy races...

We need more sounds effects, like broken glasses, body noises, and perhaps better knock sounds...

And this game is not so hardcore as it should be, considering its purpose, to be a simulator, cause, as an example, you can downshift from 6a to 3a without broke the engine.

We need news. And I know, or maybe I judge to know, that you've got a rest, but now is time to back to work, cause the concurrency is working hard.

I'm not here to say what you must to do. I just don't want to see this marvelous idea going down. One thing you won't tell, is that the customers don't warned you...

.....I would like to point out a couple of things to you. First of all, GTL might not have any physics bugs but it sure has hell has got a fps bug as did the first one being GTR. RFactor, which I also own, looks all nice but its just a mod game. When I pay for a game I dont want to have to wait for people to mod it so I would just like to say I dont care how long it takes them to finish this game cos I will be there waiting. I think the game is best around...
Quote from Schooner :Researchers discovered a food that reduces a womans sex drive by 98%. The food is called "Wedding Cake".

Strange, I just got married last month, abd I get more now than ever!
#184 - tpa
Quote from BWX232 :Strange, I just got married last month, abd I get more now than ever!

what, cake?
Haven't eaten cake since the reception..
He was a proper Christian fellow, so didn't do the business before marriage. Now he is married, he can.

A simple equation proves it.

Before marriage > Total 'times' = 0
After Marriage > Total 'times' = 1

1 > 0, therefore his 'more than ever' statement is correct.

Also, we can use this data to produce a graph of the trend: |
where the x-axis is time, and the y-axis is number of naughty deeds committed.

LOL, I am a proper Christan fellow, but I lived in sin for 5 years!
How wicked of you... get your missus to spank you.
I'll do the spanking in this house, thank you very much.
While you tools can say "**** off" etc. to this guy the fact remains that he is pretty much right. Granted his ideas are unprovable as far as effectiveness this game is going to lose out big to other competitors.

Heck, the only reason I saw this post was checking the forums for the first time in weeks to see if there has been any kind of update other than language packs (whoopdie doo). I went to Liveforspeed.net a few times lately at around 9-10pm EST and there were between 50-80 players online. There are more people still playing Medal of Honor Allied Assault. Ok, now its your turn to say there are 500+ people playing today, Saturday at the peak time for Europe. Whoopdie Doo.

This game is steadily losing its base, and its taking forever for updates. We are going on 1 year since the original intended Christmas 04' release of S2 (I don't care if that was a mistake and wasn't intended), and the game is still alpha with the only real update being a few bug fixes and a language pack.

Now I am sure most of you fanboys have stopped reading this and clicked the reply button to smash me with your astounding logic. For those that haven't, please don't tell me I am owed anything. I know darn well what I am owed and that is a full version of S2 within a certain time period of alpha release. I honestly am not even anticipating it anymore because waiting is a simple waste.

Again, the game has been on track up until recently, but the lack of progress and fanbase support is going to really hurt this project. Please spare me the "you don't know anything" crap because I was a fan and avid player of the game but its falling short of the newer stuff. By the time S2 is complete the game will be obsolete compared to its newest competitors. Of course we all know that this is a game for purists, but if the devs hope to make a living off of the game I feel for them.

I personally have pretty much given up on the game, and two of my good friends have since stopped playing it all together. I think the point for me was when I bought it and realized there was very little changed and most of it was just visual flare. By this winter I had hoped for a patch to at least update the physics and make the game playable again... and then comes the patch and its bug fixes and a language pack.

I personally, as an avid gamer and racing Sim enthusiast, don't see the direction this game is taking as making any leaps and bounds in sales and/or popularity.

So now bring on the bad mouthing, I'll be sure to unsubscribe from the thread to avoid the impending endless stream of rude remarks from the devs saying they don't owe me anything since I gave them my cash, and the fanboys saying its the greatest game in the world. People like myself have no valid points despite the rapid stalemate of this game's popularity, right?

PS: The devs can say they have the right to work on this game whenever they feel like it, but its going to hurt them in the wallets and the whole project as a whole.
Quote from Dethred :This game is steadily losing its base, and its taking forever for updates. We are going on 1 year since the original intended Christmas 04' release of S2 (I don't care if that was a mistake and wasn't intended), and the game is still alpha with the only real update being a few bug fixes and a language pack.

Wow. "Taking forever for updates?... The devs took a break - 2-3months. I see nothing wrong with that. Then ONE of them did a language update (we don't know what the others are doing). Complaining about the fact that they spent time doing that is stupid. A wake up for you (seems you haven't seen an atlas in your lifetime) - America is not the only country in the world. Your lack of logic is the reason why we get cars like Chrislers coming out with the buttons written in english. You can go and play anything else you want. Us "fanboys" will stick around and in 3 months time (maybe more, maybe less) we will reep the rewards. GT4 was released 36months after its planned release date IIRC and it still is no match for LFS today in terms of physics. Scawen spent ~1 month doing the language stuff - "woopdi doo" - is that such a big deal? Just wait a bit for the next physics update, have some patience and you will be astonished. Oh and by the way... we currently have a perfectly playable LFS - much more so than some silly Juiced or NFS. If you would rather play tabel-of-values-no-real-physics GTR or nK demo or roflFactor or something else then be my guest.
Whoopdie doo! I'm still laughing, Dethred, hehehe!

Thanks for the amusement.

Anyway... every time a new sim is coming out, i've read several reports of how it's going to wipe LFS off the face of the Earth. But i've never been at all worried, because i know it takes a long time to get everything right. And i've been right about that each time, because LFS just keeps growing gradually and we get to keep improving it, and LFS still keeps the largest number of racers online for any sim (anyone please correct me if i'm wrong about that). Anyway, i wish all the best for any new sims that come out and i hope they are both realistic and entertaining for many sim racers. But i don't see LFS being wiped out any time soon, specially seeing as we'll bring out some good updates when they are ready, as promised.
Sure, development is taking a long time. Do you see me or any of the others who have been racing since 0.1 or before, complaining...
Imo if you're openly complaining about the time that's being taken, perhaps the development style of LFS isn't one you agree with, however you have no choice but to stick with it, or play something else
Look at it this way, whilst some of the comments in these threads are perhaps useful to the devs, the time taken for Scawen and the others to read through, and reply in these threads, could be used for thinking ideas and doing development work on LFS.
Why not try taking a short break from LFS for a while, play some other games. I can gurantee you'll come back though
Quote from Scawen :Whoopdie doo! I'm still laughing, Dethred, hehehe!

Anyway... every time a new sim is coming out, i've read several reports of how it's going to wipe LFS off the face of the Earth. But i've never been at all worried, because i know it takes a long time to get everything right. And i've been right about that each time, because LFS just keeps growing gradually and we get to keep improving it, and LFS still keeps the largest number of racers online for any sim (anyone please correct me if i'm wrong about that). Anyway, i wish all the best for any new sims that come out and i hope they are both realistic and entertaining for many sim racers. But i don't see LFS being wiped out any time soon, specially seeing as we'll bring out some good updates when they are ready, as promised.

Shot down. :drink: Amen, Scawen .
I'm wondering what kind of person only plays ONE game. It's as if
no one would touch LFS because they play another sim. As long as
people like puking out 'facts', here is a FACT for youze, we always come
back to LFS. I've played many sims and i've always kept LFS in
a special place. Heck, it has it's own HDD on my PC, always has, not
to mention it's the only 'game' that i have on a few CD-Rs...

As much as i understand, and agree, that LFS isn't 'in' the market, it's
still alive and kicking AND growing after 3+years. It continues growing
bad review or not. It's NOT about the money here, get that in your
thick heads
Quote from Scawen :Whoopdie doo! I'm still laughing, Dethred, hehehe!

Quite apart from the fact I/we love his work, he's pretty good at put downs too. Yet another Scawen-Skill to add to the list.
Quote from Dethred :While you tools can say "**** off" etc.=.

For once I was actually trying to take the thread off topic!
-
(KiDCoDEa) DELETED by KiDCoDEa
Quote from KiDCoDEa :i think you should marry bwx.

illepall You are a sicko..
Quote from Scawen :and LFS still keeps the largest number of racers online for any sim (anyone please correct me if i'm wrong about that).

wow, if that is true then LFS rocks!!

i know LFS gets blown away in the bigger picture. but whats the point in comparing it to Quake3.....

i think it would be cool to see a comparison of stats for ONLINE PC RACING SIMULATORS.

even if it isnt top, but is somewhere near comptetitive then i think that goes to show that the methods and development practices used by the devs are highly effective.

sure it might not sell as many copies as GTR (yet), but for what LFS aims at (online racing) it sounds as though it is right on track.

anyway, like i said, stats would be ace to confirm that...if possible?
Quote from Dethred :This game is steadily losing its base

No, that is not true, the future belongs to LFS
This thread is closed

This is not just a suggestion
(305 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG