The online racing simulator
Future of the UF-BR
(44 posts, started )

Poll : The UF-BR Server should..

Closed since :
.. be Bronze and above, 32 car grids.
.. be Entry-level, 20 car grids.
.. nothing. Wait longer to see how things go.
#1 - SamH
Future of the UF-BR
It's now been a week since launching the UF-BR, with the advent of Patch Y. During this week, the server has seen a huge surge in popularity and so it's now time to think about what we've learned so far, and which direction to push the server.

The poll options are the two options I'm considering (3 including "hurry up and wait a bit"). I'd like to gather community feeling on them before making a final decision.
licensed drivers.. on another server
#3 - SamH
hehe.. I was still writing the options. A 2nd UF-BR isn't an option at the moment
I voted for Bronze and over because having something over bronze takes quite a while and for a car of that power I dont think you should have to be VERY skillfull to avoid crashes with it.
#5 - SamH
Quote from evilpimp :I voted for Bronze and over because having something over bronze takes quite a while and for a car of that power I dont think you should have to be VERY skillfull to avoid crashes with it.

Fair and sensible!
Plus it gives a change to people who have had bronze for a bit.
But off course with the good racers who will avoid the cashes theres gunna be the anoying people who you could find in Race 1 in there aswell.

But I still think it should be Bronze (Maybe its cuz I only have bronze:shrug

I think it gives a good diversity of cars for us Bronze licensed drivers
Quote from evilpimp :Plus it gives a change to people who have had bronze for a bit.
But off course with the good racers who will avoid the cashes theres gunna be the anoying people who you could find in Race 1 in there aswell.

But I still think it should be Bronze (Maybe its cuz I only have bronze:shrug

I think it gives a good diversity of cars for us Bronze licensed drivers

+1, it would render bronze much more useful.
Well I for 1 am in favor for the bronze license to get on BabyR. Why, bcus after getting your bronze your familar with racecraft and RULES on CTRA. I have been there several times but I went off all a lot by people who dont know the baby R. Its so much fun. And these things roll so easy wich make pillups. We have seen it in the baby R cup. People entered without any practise and made it terrible at first.

Maybe this is too difficult to implent but isnt it better for lower licensed racers to have reached a certain lapetime on each track before they enter on the baby R. I dont know off course the technical part off it but it looks if you do that you dont get the wreckers in. They have to be commited and try there best getting a decent lape in on the CTRA 1. Now thats very difficult but it will seperate those who are commited. In result you get very clean racing on baby R. And license holders from silver and up can get in normally.

Just a thought but this i think will work and creates the clean racing what CTRA stands fore.
#9 - Dru
Quote from SamH :hehe.. I was still writing the options. A 2nd UF-BR isn't an option at the moment

I could lend you a server Sam

From MY point of view as someone with a LITTLE Baby-R experience we are suffering the same kinda problems that we had in the "Fall-Out" league in the earlier rounds.

4 Major problems.

They are:

1.Too many people close racing

3 or 4 wide s totally possible with this car, but the problem is people do not think about how many others are next to them. By being aware of where everyone is on the track you can easily run 2 or 3 or 4 wide around corners as long as people hold their lines.

This is where people with a fundamental basic concept of racing will know what to do and maybe a slightly higher license is required

2.Not wanting to lift

With these cars being so close in performance then people rarely want too lift and the 'plough through' bit can occur when someone in dront gets into trouble. People HAVE to be respectful. As long as you lift to avoid the crash/recovery 9 times outta 10 you will get them on the next straight from momentum anyhow.

This is where people with a fundamental basic concept of racing will know what to do and maybe a slightly higher license is required

3.Rolling and short wheel bases

These cars like to rol in the wrong circumstances, therefore attack kerbs with shallow steering angles otherwise becuase of the short wheel basethey will turn and flip easily.

4.Closey following

Driving behind guys so closely people don't see hte apexs and make mistakes as a result.

All of the above is basically common sense, but in the close packed fields it might just be that people are not used to close racing and a little time is needed.

Regarding track choice, sure there are some more dangerous tracks than others, but then also it is great fun to take these cars outta their comfort zones once in a while.... its all about the racing

HTH,

Dru.
As Dru said, these little cars fall in love with curbs. But it is only a one-way love, so the UF baby-R rolls. People with experience have the chance to avoid this kind of heartache or at least save the car from suicide.
Because of the high number of unexperienced racers on free-for-everyone server, i suggest at least a bronze license.
personally I dislike Silver (see in my CTRA profile)

Although it is quiet easy and fun to race this car, you have to have the experience to avoid accidents in to close racing. With 30 racers it becomes quiet interresting who survives the first few corners. Maybe you can have a look at my summary of round 1 of the Fall-Out Cup, where you can actually see some of these typical accidents, with racers who don't have the experience with close full field racing.

As I said. Future in Bronze!
Voted for the bronze option mostly becuause i think each license upgrade you earn should get you something and in this case allows you then not only access to Race 1 but also UFBR
I voted for the bronze option because I got my bronze license yesterday

I don't know what it is about this car but when following very close behind its really hard to see any accidents ahead, or in fact anything.

Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Voted for the bronze option mostly becuause i think each license upgrade you earn should get you something and in this case allows you then not only access to Race 1 but also UFBR

Thats a good Idea, race 1 is copper, UF-BR bronze, Race 2 is silver (I think)...
Bronze or over for me.

I always thought that the point of the Bronze was to show that the driver had sufficient points/experience/racecraft/... to mix it up in the more challenging cars, and the UF-BR, although low powered, can be quite a handful to drive in busy race conditions.
Bronze and above would be nice, would ensure a certain standard, and give bronze drivers a prize
If you want my selfish opinion - keep the UF-BR as entry level, as I'm not that good with XFG/XRG round anything but BL1.

If you want my 'after consideration' opinion - then it's a good idea to move it up to Bronze level. Sure, I'll be on Race 1 for a while before I can get back to those great little cars but that just means I'll work harder on Race 1 to get it.
#16 - VoiD
Yesterday I gave the Baby-R a try, attracted by the positive feedback.
The car is fun to drive, there´s no doubt, but the quality of racing and the personal behavior at this time was a kick in the teeth. I was very surprised that this ever could happen on a CTRA-server.

Voted for bronze and above.
now this is tough i think it is a good place for people to learn the ropes and due to more predictable handling, safer for new drivers to handle but i like the idea of it for licensed drivers with bigger grids
I voted the Bronze and above purely because of the bigger grid options thats always a bonus .

I see the UFBR as a kind of MotoGP type thing, if your racing with a group its easier to get away but without one your kinda buggerd its quite a cool thing and good job to Dru for coming up with the idea of it and SamH and the CTRA crew for taking it onboard.

I think the UFBR has a long future but only time will tell if that statment is true right. Anyway im all for Bronze and above.
voted bronze,

reason, its a nice learning car but you may need some experiance in racing. because its very close racing.

and i also like the idea that you all ready can chance server after 1 or 2 day driving (getting bronze)

greats,

Reint Jan
yeah i agree with hotmail that is the reason i did vote bronze
I voted Bronze and above for all the good reasons others have already stated .
#22 - VoiD
Tried it again earlier today. Racing was much better for me.

But I´ve noticed that the majority had no clue what´s going on. Asking allways the same question about fuel calculations, intake, closed pitlanes and so on. To make it short, the simpliest CTRA-rules. When its going to bronze, and I´m very sure that it will, they have to read at least the rules before joining...
Has the fuel database been emptied as well? Seems most combos are empty again?
There should be definately a award for bronze drivers as a motivation and I think baby-r is perfect for that
Bronze and above
-
(dungbeetle) DELETED by dungbeetle

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG