The online racing simulator
Future of the UF-BR
(44 posts, started )

Poll : The UF-BR Server should..

Closed since :
.. be Bronze and above, 32 car grids.
.. be Entry-level, 20 car grids.
.. nothing. Wait longer to see how things go.
#26 - VoiD
And again: Server changed track to AS Club, grid was >30.

You might guess what happened. People seem to have massive problems with more than 10 people racing at the same time/track/server. It was awfull. Not to compare with any CTRA-standards on the other servers.
Even CTRA1 is much better, maybe because knowing the cars better, I don´t know...
Quote from VoiD :And again: Server changed track to AS Club, grid was >30.

You might guess what happened. People seem to have massive problems with more than 10 people racing at the same time/track/server. It was awfull. Not to compare with any CTRA-standards on the other servers. Even CTRA1 is much better, maybe because knowing the cars better, I don´t know...

Me was there - big crash in T1 - but not my fault
#28 - VoiD
Of course it wasn´t your fault, I never wrote that!

From my point of view, they crashed on/in that smooth (?) right "turn", 10 seconds after green light. Nearly impossible for any driver I Know. After that crash at T1, chikane, fast "chikane" and the breaking zone before the last chikane. Horrible!
Quote from VoiD :Of course it wasn´t your fault, I never wrote that!

From my point of view, they crashed on/in that smooth (?) right "turn", 10 seconds after green light. Nearly impossible for any driver I Know. After that crash at T1, chikane, fast "chikane" and the breaking zone before the last chikane. Horrible!

I know - It's just I have a tendancy to hit other people quite alot. Did you go after that. I've just had some great races on UF-BR/AS CLUB, where I've gained 100 pts in 4 races. I'm quite slow, but good at holding people up (AKA blocking :razz
#30 - VoiD
There´s nothing wrong with being slow. It´s fun to raise pressure and to overtake in a savety way for both drivers.
It´s even more fun (well, most of the time ) to get nicely blocked . That´s called racing!
Quote from VoiD :There´s nothing wrong with being slow. It´s fun to raise pressure and to overtake in a savety way for both drivers.
It´s even more fun (well, most of the time ) to get nicely blocked . That´s called racing!

That's right. I consider myself 'a moving obstacle to get past' or 'something inbetween you and the car infront of me'

As long as I have fun and don't crash into other people too much - then it doesn't matter how slow I am .
I'll just quote myself from the other thread so I won't get ignored..

Quote from teaz-R :It's far too generous on points, but I guess you know that already. I'm getting 3 times the points for a win/fastest lap for what I would get on Race2.
I suppose the Race2&3 + UFBR -servers should all give the same so it's not a matter of which server/car I choose to race with if I want to hold on to my spot in the rankings.
That is if the UFBR server isn't going to be a entry level server.

#33 - SamH
Well, the poll was definitely headed in a single direction, and I couldn't imagine it turning around. While the poll was due to end on Jan 2nd, I didn't see much point in keeping it open. I had a software optimization update to upload anyway, so while the system was down I figured I may as well migrate the server to Bronze+.

To anyone/everyone who WAS able to access the server, and now find they can't, I am truly sorry to take this thing away from you. Use Race 1 to gain your first 300 points, get Bronze, grab your racecraft and come join us again!

And for everyone who is Bronze or higher, I say.. TODAY (Sunday) IS ENDURANCE DAY!!

Went on the UF-BR server for the first time tonight and had a great time. Good 'strategic' racing. Most people behaved as far as I could tell - even us coppers - and people got off to a sensible starts without T1 pileups most of the time.

Oh well, they say there's the quick and the dead.

Guess I'm dead.

Knew it was inevitable though, as soon as bronze and above was suggested.

Not angry about it really - just a bit sad.
#35 - SamH
You need to get busy in Race 1! (I see you're online there now! ) get your Bronze, and get back in here with us! Cowboy UP!
#37 - VoiD
267 points to earn, :revs: -> keep comin´!
I voted for bronze and above even though I am still copper because it was just common sense.

It will take me some time (79pts) to get bronze. With the UF-BR it would have taken me a few hours but with the car's on race 1 it will be some weeks.

I can't handle the road-type tyres very well but that's my problem. This gives me a good reason for improving my skills with these tyres.

The gap that was between copper and silver was not a big encouragment. The UF-BR at bronze level is!
I got the promotion! :elefant:
I'm nearly there - 69 points to go. And I got my 1st CTRA win today .
Keep it up, racing is clean on the other side!
#43 - SamH
Quote from Joris :I got the promotion! :elefant:

Well done! Glad you made it!!
Quote from J@tko :I'm nearly there - 69 points to go. And I got my 1st CTRA win today .

That's a pretty rapid ascention, well done! I reckon by tomorrow you'll be with us in there!
Quote from SamH :That's a pretty rapid ascention, well done! I reckon by tomorrow you'll be with us in there!

Well, when I was on UF-BR servers I got loads of points - about 150!

School's starting tomorrow and so I won't be on-line as much - but will be on as much as possible @ weekends!

P.s Cheers!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG