The online racing simulator
formula force ex...
(13 posts, started )
#1 - Tribe
formula force ex...
good or bad n00by wheel?

m8 just bought lfs and wants a wheel, but he is on a tight budget.

worth £30+?

reply asap would be grateful
Its crap. Get a Sidewinder
#3 - Tribe
Quote from shaun463 :Its crap. Get a Sidewinder

its all plastic that sidewinder... and how much is that thing?
Quote from Tribe :its all plastic that sidewinder... and how much is that thing?

FFEX is all plastic aswell. But at £30 brand new, you can't go wrong.

Microshite fanboys will recommend the SideWinder, where as the Logitech fanboys (myself included) would recommend the FFEX. Also DFP's and MOMO's can be gotten hold of quite cheap these days as a lot of people have upgraded to G25.
Dont buy it just because it is Logitech. Read Jakg's guide A sidewinder is a tenner for a no force feedback one and £15 for a force feedback one
I like it. of course it isnt the best but i think its good
I wouldn't take anyone's comment who haven't tried the wheel himself seriously.

I'm using this wheel and its just fine for that amount of money. Strong enough FFB, accurancy is fine too. Worth the money imo.
i'm using FFEX too. Cheap, and good enough for its price. But if you have more money buy MOMO.
#9 - joen
I don't own one but I have used one. Sure, it's not the best wheel ever but for it's price you can't really go wrong, then it's pretty good. It's fine if you just started out sim racing. Sure beats playing with a mouse or gamepad.
£30 should get you a nice entry level wheel. my first was a saitek R440. if you add another £30 you could get a DFP which has 900° rotation and is jam packed with buttons. add another £120 and you could get a G25
dunno about the sidewinder, but when compareing formula ex(PC) to my dfp, it feels the same to drive with, it might have a tad weaker force engine, but you dont turn the force to the max anyway. Its a 180 degree rotation wheel, no side shifter only paddel buttons. The pedals are diffrent, but feels roughly the same, dont know about how long they will last compared to dfp.

Button layout is the same between dfp and formula ex.

Note formula vibration is not the same as formula ex. Formula vibration thingy you should steer clear off not real force feedback.
oh my bad

formula force ex...
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG