The online racing simulator
Fern Bay improvement : hairpin
Hey there !

I have a suggestion to do, which would be very simple to do, and yet quite cool.

In the Fern Bay's tracks (Especially Green and Black), after goind up the coast cliff, there's a hairpin road going to the mansion on the left/right of the road (depending whether it's rev or not), that is modelised, but unaccessible, the car teleports when you go 20m beyond the cones.

So my suggestion is, because I usually do On track layouts for friends and myself, to modelize the ground under that road, so that cars could go there.

It would be a small, but good improvement to the game, as well for creating layouts, or to create other official tracks

Thanks for not flaming me

Zen
I think it should be added to the Black Layout.

Come up many times in the past, though.
Triple hairpin corner FTW
It could be used. Fern Bay Green with the hairpin could be called Fern Bay Emerald, and Obsidian could be black with the hairpin.
I think why that part of the track was scrapped was because it would cause a bit of a problem. Making the route to go through the hairpin would make the run off area for the turn where the route goes straight on Green and Black really small. You could easily miss the corner a bit and LFS would spectate you for taking the wrong route.
Obviously some barriers would be placed there and the wrong route system would be changed...
Quote from Primoz :Obviously some barriers would be placed there

Barriers yes. There would need to be quite a lot of them actually to prevent accidental "wrong routes"
Quote :and the wrong route system would be changed...

It would probably be quite a lot of coding to change it so that LFS could handle multiple routes. No idea if that is planned to do at all

Maybe if Eric makes some changes to that bit of the track when he updates Fern Bay we could have the hairpin as part of the track..
geeman well, a barrier and a lot of tyres, would that suffice? And you could put the barrier AFTER the hairpin only and stack huge amounts of tires before the barrier itself. Or maybe put two barriers 1 meter appart, put the wrong route between them and that's it. And make a permament barrier around the grass island that we have now.
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Quote from ussbeethoven :Yes, that would be nice for the upcoming (?) FE update.

A new FE would be very welcome

Just small tweaks like Blackwood got for Patch Y.

Could the hairpin be connected up to before the S bends? Or maybe it could emerge from the gates on the straight!
Quote from Primoz :geeman well, a barrier and a lot of tyres, would that suffice? And you could put the barrier AFTER the hairpin only and stack huge amounts of tires before the barrier itself. Or maybe put two barriers 1 meter appart, put the wrong route between them and that's it. And make a permament barrier around the grass island that we have now.

I don't know. It would have to be so that no car could go over the wrong route (atleast not by accident). The difficulty is that the wrong route way there is really short. In other places where it is possible to take the wrong route, you have to really drive far before you are specteted.
Even with barriers a car could easily be bumped over them. Also there would need to be really heavy and high barriers and the barriers would have to extend all the way to the sand/grass area too. The thing is, that these kind of barriers would have to be like a permanent structures, which would mean that removing them for other layouts (green and black layouts) would not be realistic.

Anyway, that's all speculation really. We will have to see what the devs have in store for FE when it's updated, which I would presume is on the todo-list soonish.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG