The online racing simulator
game running too fast.... ?
(24 posts, started )
I have installed the s2 alpha demo onnly to find it runs way too fast to play!

The cars react like they stuck on 2x speed or slot cars. The frames only reach about 30 fps!

Tried changing graphics settings to all sorts of combinations and no help there.

the s2 alpha P2 patch doesnt help either.

weird as the lfs s1 demo runs perfectly...
-----------------
DX9.0c installed
latest cataylst driver 5.7 installed
R9700 pro
p4 2.8ghz cpu
1 gig ram
all under win xp service pack 2.

any help please? its driving me nuts!
Errr, thats weird.

Have you retried deleting it, and redownloading?
Nah that didnt work.

Have been mucking around with 'minimum sleep'. im pretty sure its slowing down a bit with higher ms values. What do I know though, im noob.

even tried a massive gpu underclock. no luck.
cpu not overclocked.

any help?
I know this has happened with someone else - but I'm damned if I can remember who, and I certainly cannot find it on RSC atm.

I'll keep searching.
Maybe you have a freak PC? :biggrinfl

Have you tried turning on AA and/or AF in your graphics card settings?
While this isnt the cause of the problem, it *might* slow the game down to a playable level?

weird....
AF lowers the fps a fraction, at max setting.
AA lowers fps to about 15. But still the game runs twice the speed :eye-poppi !

very very....strange :banghead:
must be a timer issue. you have any kind of auto overclocking or auto underclocking util running? is your computer a laptop? is your cpu Mobile? if not please paste more details on your computer.
no overclocking to the actual system cpu. desktop p4 2.8 ghz.

tiny bit of auto overclocking to the GPU through Rage3dTweak. changed this back to default but no help.

:nut: what is going on?!!

will try some deleting / re-installing again...
Minimum Sleep
Having 'minimum sleep' set to 20ms really helps slowing it down.

Although am still getting speed ups when racing when on a lower detailed part of a track (less scenery etc).

I think *maybe* being allowed a higher sleep value could fix my problem...

but im n00b
The problem
OK

Found what the problem is:

I play the game using a 'Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2'. When i unplug it (being cordless i mean the reciever), the game runs perfectly.

Tried plugging in various game controllers - they all worked fine. Even a 'Logitech Wingman Rumblepad' works fine with thte game. Funny as how the controller is similar to the rumblepad 2, except wireless.

BUT I really really wanna use my new toy and when i do the game's too fast!

Why, oh, why is this? I ask thee :bowdown: :munching_
I'm please you solved your problem matey, but if i were you i'd try to get the hang of it with the rumble pad, you may end up by making some awesome world records!
Problem not... solved...?
For some reason, the use of this 'Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2' makes the whole game go into hyper mode. The lap timers tick over furiously; smoke and dust disappear instantly. The cars in the garage screen spin furiously. Vehicles zoom around the track like slot cars. The game even loads faster with the controller plugged in!!?

20ms minimum sleep slows it down, but i still get jerky speedups.

Tried un-installing drivers, updating drivers for the controller too. no help.

what to do what to do ?
I think this could be a problem with all wireless controllers and LFS - you may wish to post a bug report to the Dev's through their website.
This could become a serious problem if you manage to make SLOW MOTION in hotlap mode, because you can drive faster with that I guess (better reaction, easy to go over the curbs at full throttle)
Quote from BLuuRKo :I have installed the s2 alpha demo onnly to find it runs way too fast to play!

The cars react like they stuck on 2x speed or slot cars. The frames only reach about 30 fps!

Tried changing graphics settings to all sorts of combinations and no help there.

the s2 alpha P2 patch doesnt help either.

weird as the lfs s1 demo runs perfectly...

Hi mate,
I am very curious, if your game runs at "2x speed", what happens when you enter a multiplayer game?

Also, just try -> in the Options -> Misc tab:

turn on Full Screen Vertical Sync
turn off Limit Frame Rate in Game
(Takumi - the solution was found dude)
Quote from the_angry_angel :(Takumi - the solution was found dude)

No, Bluurko still wants to be able to use his gamepad so the problem must be solved still, anyone got an idea?
Ah, but thats an entirely separate problem
:faint2::wow: What the hell. Maybe frames per sec are locked to 30, check it out...
Quote from the_angry_angel :(Takumi - the solution was found dude)

Quote from BLuuRKo :
BUT I really really wanna use my new toy and when i do the game's too fast!

it doesn't seem so, but rather one source of the problem was found. so that's why i asked what happens in multiplayer if his game appears to be at double speed.
If I remember correctly, if the game would run at double speed online, you would go out of sync directly and be disconnected.
Yeh. Get OOS when trying to LAN / Net play with the controller.

Vsync and frame limiter doesnt help at all, besides, that was one of the first things i tried!

I should just bite the bullet and drive keyboard styles !
I use a logitech wheel. And this may apply to you.

This "hyper" mode, sometimes when my wheel is re-initialised when i turn or accelerate it massively speeds up the time in game, so if im online and that happens, i go turbo mode, then it just pauses until everyone catches up, for them it looks like im lagging.

Solution for me:
Shift+c re-initialises the wheel, so i keep doin this until it's all good. This also happens to me in other games.
Sope, sorry bud. didn't work.

Shame 'cos i had my hopes up ! :rally_dri

Thanks for all of your sugestions guys, anyway.

:thumb3d:

(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG