The online racing simulator
The Blame Game - Episode 8
(74 posts, started )

Poll : Who/What do you think is to blame?

Closed since :
Driver B (Blue)
Driver A (Brown)
Both of Them
Racing Incident/Too hard to tell
Lag
Quote from dekojester :Out of the right-hander prior to the left-right where the incident occured, Driver B got a better run than A, and was gaining. Into the left, B did not turn to the left of A enough and gave a nudge, which slowed A. Racing incident. On the right hander, B cut across to the right and forced the issue and caused the incident.

B is at fault for causing an avoidable incident.

Great series, mp3....I see that your rights ran out on the old intro/outro song. :-p

There was a texture glitch at 3:50 (YouTube version). Other than that, the production quality is excellent, as always from this series.

Thanks. I actually really hated the old theme song; and decided to find a new one. I think this one is much better!

As for the glitch, it's an LFS glitch that I can't do anything about; when you change from high cam to low cam, that can happen.
clearly B ... nudged him without any overlap (can happen and would have been a non issue if he had lifted) and created an opening this way
plus the chatlog clearly shows that hes quite the tosser and has no idea what overlap means

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Racing Incident, technically that crash wouldn't have happened without the slightly dodgy collision detection.

true but even without the collision detection he would have still put A into a slide and barged his way through which wile not resulting in that huge crash would still have been a piss poor attitude

btw i love the new into with the dictionary entries
have you ever though of adding a 80s stlye outro which explains what the drivers did with their lifes after the crash ?
Driver B to me is just the bigest idiot on earth

That was just totaly on purpose
Quote from Shotglass :

btw i love the new into with the dictionary entries
have you ever though of adding a 80s stlye outro which explains what the drivers did with their lifes after the crash ?

Hehehe that's a fun idea! However I try and keep a professional atmosphere in the show; but I might use that idea elsewhere
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Driver B to me is just the bigest idiot on earth

If he is, he's got some tough competition. A while ago I watched some races of UFR @ AS Cadet (a public server, I think it was ConeDodgers)... Idiots galore.

@ MP3 Astra: Is it possible to get the chat log as scrolling text, instead of having it read to us? I find it a bit hard to follow.
Quote from wsinda :

@ MP3 Astra: Is it possible to get the chat log as scrolling text, instead of having it read to us? I find it a bit hard to follow.

I agree. Episode 8's chat log was absolutely ridiculous. However I'll still read it, and put up a scroll as well. In fact I have a chatlog right here... I'll attach it to the parent post.
I think it'd be awesome if you took the role of Driver A and had a girl (or someone with a significantly different voice) play the role of Driver B.

Great work on the series.

I would say that Driver A was a bit aggressive, he couldn't have know exactly how much overlap B had. B shoud've lifted out though.
I'm in the intro! Crashed out as well

Think it's lag/bad collision detection in this case, normally they would have made contact and carry on, the collision was never strong enough to make that crash I think.
Quote from Gil07 :I'm in the intro! Crashed out as well

I was wondering when you'd see this! Congrats... you're world famous
B, too hard pass here..
btw, many thanks for this "series" XD i really like it!
#36 - SamH
I said both cos Driver B shouldn't of hit A in the first place, but A shouldn't have come all the way across on the second turn.

BTW, +1 for bringing back the original theme music!!!!

Ditch this new intro, its bleh!
Quote from Damo74 :I said both cos Driver B shouldn't of hit A in the first place, but A shouldn't have come all the way across on the second turn.

A probably thought that B was a fair driver and wouldn't take advantage of the situation which he himself caused, though.
Quote from Damo74 :

BTW, +1 for bringing back the original theme music!!!!

Ditch this new intro, its bleh!

What's wrong with it?
I can't see how you could blame Driver B for that. Yeah, sure he tapped the back of Driver A, but he held it and that tap was not the cause of the crash. If it was IRL, then they'd have both have got through safely, it was the slightly dodgy collision detection that caused the crash and roll.
Quote from J@tko :Yeah, sure he tapped the back of Driver A, but he held it and that tap was not the cause of the crash.

yes it was
without that tap B would never have been able to get alongside A in the first place to get the collision detection into full swing
the only right action after that tap would have been to lift off and reassume the position behind A not barge through on the grass
Quote from Shotglass :without that tap B would never have been able to get alongside A in the first place to get the collision detection into full swing
the only right action after that tap would have been to lift off and reassume the position behind A not barge through on the grass

That is true. The accident would have been avoided if A had left more room but B was being very aggresive and trying to get through, when he probably shouldn't have. I still maintain that it was a racing incident.
I say "B"

His initial move to the inside was weak, Bumped A which forced A "to cut him off" then in the correction of the slide it put him straight for apex.

Be should have backed off as soon as contact was made instead of forcing his way to the front.
Quote from St4Lk3R :In my opinion, it was Driver B's fault clearly. Driver A just fights for his position, but what driver B does is just not fair. First he just deliberately dives into the line of Driver A and gives him a not-so-slight nudge, and Driver A is lucky to catch the car. Then, Driver B tries to exploit the consequences of his nearly fatal move by driving a completely ridiculous line, causing him to crash into Driver A.

Driver B did not only violate the gentlemen-racing-rules (not giving room to someone after a closely avoided crash), but also did not use common sense: By thinking about it just for a split second, He should have known that, by driving over the grass, he will get carried out of this corner wiiide - there is no room to get carried out wide however, since Driver A is there.

:twocents:
Regards,
Stalker

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Driver B is clearly at fault.
#45 - JTbo
B to blame, simply too greedy.

However, A could have played safe and leave room, overtaking B later on race, if his speed was enough.

Better finish 1 place down than not finish at all.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :What's wrong with it?

I'm in it Keep it please!

Watching the intro over and over again
Quote from Gil07 :I'm in it Keep it please!

Watching the intro over and over again

Worked out who's fault it was? Yours or the other guy?

I've watched that intro probably over 100 times. It's driving me insane.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Worked out who's fault it was? Yours or the other guy?

I've watched that intro probably over 100 times. It's driving me insane.

Of course it was the other guy. I dived into the corner, was lucky not to take anyone out, and then the other guy hit my rear end
I really like these episodes I personally would have pulled back if i were B so i say B ftl

p.s i sent you a replay ([email protected])
I think the chat log actually makes people change their minds about an incident. It might be worth doing away with it, that way the decision is purely based on the incident rather than the persons attitude.

The Blame Game - Episode 8
(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG