The online racing simulator
The Blame Game - Episode 8
(74 posts, started )

Poll : Who/What do you think is to blame?

Closed since :
Driver B (Blue)
Driver A (Brown)
Both of Them
Racing Incident/Too hard to tell
Lag
It's finally here!

After about 20 renders and a lot of swearing on my part, the 8th episode of The Blame Game is released before Christmas.

This time, we're back at the Aston National circuit with UFBR cars.

EDIT - Attached here is the Chatlog for the episode: http://www.mediafire.com/?13mnmomdz16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNNYwGJWr-Y

Happy Holidays, guys
http://batracer.tripod.com/theblamegame

Couple of the usual rules:
DO NOT name particular drivers when making your point; if you recognise a driver in the crash, do not mention the driver's name.
DO NOT act aggressively to other members who voice a different opinion; we all know how heated accident debates (just look at the "I got banned" thread of late to see examples of that) get in game so let's not bring it onto the forum as well.
I am sure that the driver "B" because the driver "A" had the overposition before the curve, then "A" was entitled to make his curve and the only thing that "B" would have to do is slow down and give preference to the driver "A".
It's clearly driver B. Him tapping driver A into the first part of the chicane caused the loss of momentum that meant he had sufficient overlap to try and make a move into the second part of the chicane. The door was shut before this, though, leaving driver B with 3 choices: Going into the tyres, hitting driver A or slowing down. He appears to have chosen the second option.
Racing Incident, technically that crash wouldn't have happened without the slightly dodgy collision detection. I think driver B has a bad attitude and a messed up idea of what an overlap is, however he did get fully alongside on the next turn. Its a hard one to call, but because I think both of them were at fault in some way I will have to stick with racing incident.
In my opinion, it was Driver B's fault clearly. Driver A just fights for his position, but what driver B does is just not fair. First he just deliberately dives into the line of Driver A and gives him a not-so-slight nudge, and Driver A is lucky to catch the car. Then, Driver B tries to exploit the consequences of his nearly fatal move by driving a completely ridiculous line, causing him to crash into Driver A.

Driver B did not only violate the gentlemen-racing-rules (not giving room to someone after a closely avoided crash), but also did not use common sense: By thinking about it just for a split second, He should have known that, by driving over the grass, he will get carried out of this corner wiiide - there is no room to get carried out wide however, since Driver A is there.

:twocents:
Regards,
Stalker
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I think driver B has a bad attitude and a messed up idea of what an overlap is, however he did get fully alongside on the next turn.

I agree on the first two things, but not on the third. B only got overlap in the second turn because he tapped A in the first turn. It's possible that he wasn't aware of the tap (because of lag), but even then he shouldn't have attempted a pass there. He was just barging his way through.
i think they were both to blame tbh, B shouldnt of give A that nudge in the first place, but A should have left some room on the next turn even if he was on the grass. Its a racing incident, one that is always frustrating at the time.
#8 - bbman
B...

His tap threw A off balance and caused A to lose speed while regaining control... B used that to cut through the grass to get alongside... Both collided again at the exit of the turn, where lag did the rest... Still, B's tap remains the clear root of the whole crash...
It was A driver he came into the corner way to fast and therefor lost speed due to under steer. Driver B had the racing line and A driver just got in his way.
Driver A didn't let him room because he didn't see him coming in the blind spot. After that it's cleary lag/poor collision detection.
It was driver B's fault
Quote from evosports :i think they were both to blame tbh, B shouldnt of give A that nudge in the first place, but A should have left some room on the next turn even if he was on the grass. Its a racing incident, one that is always frustrating at the time.

I'll agree with you on that. That's the way I saw it . Racing incident.
Has to be B's fault. B Forcefully attempted to squeez in when A already got the line. B Should have find elsewhere to pass.
O'oh I'm going to cause a bit of controversy here.To be honest I blame A and my reason is fairly simple. From the incar footage of A it's obvious that B is going to make an overtaking maneauver, B took the inside line and was as far over as he could go into he 1st corner without going on the grass and A turned across him.
B controlled and kept the momentum and once again A turned across him going into the 2nd part of the corner as B had no space.

Although this is very much in hindsight if I was driving either car I probably would've done the same. Just racing I guess!
Quote from St4Lk3R :In my opinion, it was Driver B's fault clearly. Driver A just fights for his position, but what driver B does is just not fair. First he just deliberately dives into the line of Driver A and gives him a not-so-slight nudge, and Driver A is lucky to catch the car. Then, Driver B tries to exploit the consequences of his nearly fatal move by driving a completely ridiculous line, causing him to crash into Driver A.

Driver B did not only violate the gentlemen-racing-rules (not giving room to someone after a closely avoided crash), but also did not use common sense: By thinking about it just for a split second, He should have known that, by driving over the grass, he will get carried out of this corner wiiide - there is no room to get carried out wide however, since Driver A is there.

:twocents:
Regards,
Stalker

Couldn't agree more!

Quote from Snake2 :It was A driver he came into the corner way to fast and therefor lost speed due to under steer. Driver B had the racing line and A driver just got in his way.

Driver A wasn't going too fast, and lost speed due to under steer AFTER driver B nudged him.
I think A was just trying to make the turn, and B was going too fast and couldn't maintain his line coming out of the turn, colliding with A. And just for good sportsmanship reasons, after the nudge in the first corner he already lost the poll anyway. He could have avoided that, and then exploiting it makes it even worse. Although I admit I've done stuff like that too, but that doesn't mean I agree with it
B attempted an ill-advised move and hit A, then tried to take advantage of the situation, which is just bad manners (and put both of them in the wall to boot).

B's fault all the way.
B is to blame because it's B's fault 6 times out of 8.
MP3 Astra, how do you choose which car to name A and which one B? Is A the one who's in front when the incident begins?

BTW, I like the new intro and REM as music choice.
Quote from wsinda :
MP3 Astra, how do you choose which car to name A and which one B? Is A the one who's in front when the incident begins?

Erm, I think I usually do it that way; but there isn't a particular pattern to it. I think B is just unlucky to always be the worst driver!

That's reminded me to update the wall of blame...
B... He pushed A but after 1st car (A) was still leading and B wrecked him...
B - or is shoving someone out of the way fair racing?

That happens to me very often, followed by silly comments like : "What a noob!" or "No Mirrors?".

To many drivers braking means losing. Sad but true.
It was obviously driver B, he surely noticed driver A "drifting" a FWD car, when he started shoving him and saw the car spinning around, and then tried to overtake him in a chicane.

Despite the fact driver B was at his side panels, he did not have the authority to pass driver A after what he did.

And for the fairness note:
As far as lag goes though, who knows, driver B possibly never noticed he had hit the rear of driver A and just figured he was slowing down.
I think I may revoke my initial opinion, if B had more time to continue his overtake then fair enough but he was too far back, just, to try it there. He surely must've known he would get cut up. Close though, both fighting hard!
#23 - halo
Driver B.
IMO; B hits A and A loses its balance while B takes this as an advantage and tries barge passing than crash occurs.
Out of the right-hander prior to the left-right where the incident occured, Driver B got a better run than A, and was gaining. Into the left, B did not turn to the left of A enough and gave a nudge, which slowed A. Racing incident. On the right hander, B cut across to the right and forced the issue and caused the incident.

B is at fault for causing an avoidable incident.

Great series, mp3....I see that your rights ran out on the old intro/outro song. :-p

There was a texture glitch at 3:50 (YouTube version). Other than that, the production quality is excellent, as always from this series.
surely driver B.. he tapped driver A before the corner which slows A down. B should be ease off the throttle to let Driver A thro..

(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG