The online racing simulator
Meeting Room
(27 posts, started )
Meeting Room
I know this has been mentioned before, but I personally would love to see the meeting room being used more often.

When I was active in GPL you are into the lobby before going to a race and through that I 'met' many other racers and had a chat often for longer than I would be racing...was great to talk about circuits, cars and race incidents with like-minded people!

In LFS (non-league races) as soon as a race is finished, another one starts and you hardly get a chance to discuss what happened...seems a shame - as LFS is not something I could chat about to my real life friends, it's a shame we couldn't make the meeting room a place for all of us fans to chat?

Any thoughts on this?

LFs is a Racing game , not a chat-social interface, thats why facebook, myspace, etc and msn exist for
#3 - wien
Why not come here to do the talking and leave the racing for the servers? Feel free to use the meeting room to talk of course, but that's not really what I personally go online for.
#4 - ste_
come to quakenet irc #liveforspeed
there you can sit in a big room with other lfs fans
shhh, no talking allowed.
Quote from chanoman315 :LFs is a Racing game , not a chat-social interface, thats why facebook, myspace, etc and msn exist for

Eh..thanks for that

We already have a working chatroom on LFS which is better than any facebook group.

All I'm saying is that it would be good to get a few heads in the meeting room pre and post race to get a good community going.

Mind you, if you're a typical LFS racer maybe friendliness isn't a strong point...
I would spend more time in the meeting room if only it was redecorated or at least cleaned,I mean the stain in the corner where Kev releaved himself last month still shows .

SD.
I use it. sometimes if trying to decide on a server to race on with friends.
Yeah i don't see why people dont use it anymore, and when someone is in there they never talk..
#9 - wien
Quote from petercollins :Mind you, if you're a typical LFS racer maybe friendliness isn't a strong point...

Nice.
It would be good but im sure that when people go on LFS its to race not chat.
I agree that it would be cool if people would join the metting room and chat a little bit so that people start meeting eachother and getting to know different people who race on LFS.

I've played M3 Challenge about 4-5 time and when you get on the multiplayer section you have the lobby in the corner always open and people chat.

Through the meeting room people can challenge people to a race or such :P

Indeed it would be good to see the meeting room a bit more active but the point of LFS is to race so I think the only reason people dont go to the meeting room is because they head straight to a server knowing someone is in there or knowing they will have a good time there.
Quote from evilpimp :It would be good but im sure that when people go on LFS its to race not chat.
I agree that it would be cool if people would join the metting room and chat a little bit so that people start meeting eachother and getting to know different people who race on LFS.

I've played M3 Challenge about 4-5 time and when you get on the multiplayer section you have the lobby in the corner always open and people chat.

Through the meeting room people can challenge people to a race or such :P

Indeed it would be good to see the meeting room a bit more active but the point of LFS is to race so I think the only reason people dont go to the meeting room is because they head straight to a server knowing someone is in there or knowing they will have a good time there.

same with GTR 2
Ive been on it a couple of times (literally twice), I feel its kinda weird 'cause your kinda expecting something, like a race to start or some thing, but there wont be one cause you are in the chat room.

maybe if it incorporated something like LFSspectator,or what ever irs called, where you can watch the progress of a race while you are in there, then it might be used more.
Heh well its made by the same people :P

I think its simbin but yeah it doesnt bother me that people dont use the meeting room but it would bring the community closer toghether.

Also theres something i've been wondering for a bit... How many people can there be in the meeting room at the same time?
it looks like 16, unless it lets you scroll down when there are more, then I dont know.
Quote from legoflamb :
maybe if it incorporated something like LFSspectator,or what ever irs called, where you can watch the progress of a race while you are in there, then it might be used more.

I agree it would probably would be used more if you could follow the race progress while your in there.

Something else that could be cool would be that when you click on a server it opens a little window where it tells you who's in there and If the race is over or in progress and if its in progress it could tell you whos in first place, second, third, etc...

Kind of like valve did with counter strike.
Quote from evilpimp :
Something else that could be cool would be that when you click on a server it opens a little window where it tells you who's in there and If the race is over or in progress and if its in progress it could tell you whos in first place, second, third, etc...

Kind of like valve did with counter strike.

there is something like that but not to that extent.

If you press the ? next to the server you want to view, the players names will be displayed
O_O Nice... Never knew lol after a year and a half never pressed that ? and never knew it even existed.

Well gunna have to wait till monday or so to try it when I come back from my trip :P
off topic: hope you have a goo time on your holiday.

Yeah it happened to me tha same way(was told about it a good time after having been playing for about a year aswell)
People use the MP screen only for joining a server... If everyone displaying the server list would automatically have the meeting room open as a part of the window, MAYBE there'd be more conversation going on... As it is now, it's too hidden (I'm sure many players never even clicked the button)...
#20 - Gunn
I met a sweet girl from Nigeria in the meeting room, but she took all my life savings, my house, everything. Then I found out her name was Robert. Easy come easy go.
dlareg

Or wasn't that his name?
Quote from ste_ :come to quakenet irc #liveforspeed
there you can sit in a big room with other lfs fans
shhh, no talking allowed.

Gamesurge

Meeting Room
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG