The online racing simulator
LFS artifacts
(11 posts, started )
LFS artifacts
Hey all, I have a slightly weird LFS problem. (And no, it's not that I can't drive)

I was on Redline's new SO6/FBM server earlier and noticed artifacts in the sky and track. I noticed the cars seemed to have spikes sticking out from them. I exited and let the system cool down, when I tried to go back in, instant reboot.

DK
Attached images
lfs_00000014.jpg
I get that sometimes(havent got it since patch Y) too but usually just restarting lfs fixes that for me
Quote from legoflamb :I get that sometimes(havent got it since patch Y) too but usually just restarting lfs fixes that for me

I'll give it a go, I tried restarting LFS and it instantly rebooted my system. I'm thinking it may be heat-related
yeah me too, I just got water cooling and it hasnt happened (got it when Y came out).
I know exactly what this is!!!
I know exactly what this is!!!...
I had this aswell... except... MINE GOT REALLY BAD OVER TIME!!!!!!!

It is the graphics card going with a slow and painful death

I had this problem with "some" other games as well.

My old 6600 GT did this... I pluged in another graphics card from my other computer and it worked fine!!! So I went out and bought a brand new 8600 GT and I have had no problems at all

I have got the old thread of the problems here (with pictures)
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=525955#post525955

Glad I could help
By the way... mine got that bad because I left it for years
Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :I know exactly what this is!!!...
I had this aswell... except... MINE GOT REALLY BAD OVER TIME!!!!!!!

It is the graphics card going with a slow and painful death

I had this problem with "some" other games as well.

My old 6600 GT did this... I pluged in another graphics card from my other computer and it worked fine!!! So I went out and bought a brand new 8600 GT and I have had no problems at all

I have got the old thread of the problems here (with pictures)
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=525955#post525955

Glad I could help

It only happens when the comp gets hot

DK
#8 - Jakg
Get something like ATiTool or the nVidia Temperature monitor thing in the drivers and look at the temperature, either the core or the memory is either overheating or dieing.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :It only happens when the comp gets hot

DK

yes... at the moment (I put the wrong message across )

I mean if you leave it for ages without keeping the graphics card cool it will end up like mine did
So what I was trying to say was to keep the g-card cool and you shouldn't have those problems
#11 - Jakg
...not neccesarily. My old 7950GT was dieing and even with the core not going past 65 load, and the memory not warm to the touch or with heatsinks, it still rtefacted as it was dieing.

LFS artifacts
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG