The online racing simulator
Never expected this from a 8800GT
(59 posts, started )
Hi!

I just bought a 8800GT(asus version with company of heroes) . It's a good card witch runs Crysis smooth on high/medium.

Fear runs perfect.

But i have problems with LFS. I used to have around 130 fps with my old 6600GT. After installing this 8800GT it reduced to 80 fps?

I don't get it? I just apid a frekkin €270 for it and got f*cked up?

Btw: The cooler sux. make's too much noise on 100% fanspeed.

How much fps do u guys have on lfs with ure 8800GT?

thank's

EDIT : just had a run on FE and it seems to get 130fps there like mine 6600GT

I have AMD 3500+ 2,2
1,5 gb ram
8800Gt

Next month im gonna upgrade to a E6750 etc. But do you guys think that it's my Cpu that's holding it back?
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Hi!

I just bought a 8800GT(asus version with company of heroes) . It's a good card witch runs Crysis smooth on high/medium.

Fear runs perfect.

But i have problems with LFS. I used to have around 130 fps with my old 6600GT. After installing this 8800GT it reduced to 80 fps?

I don't get it? I just apid a frekkin €270 for it and got f*cked up?

Btw: The cooler sux. make's too much noise on 100% fanspeed.

How much fps do u guys have on lfs with ure 8800GT?

thank's

EDIT : just had a run on FE and it seems to get 130fps there like mine 6600GT

I have AMD 3500+ 2,2
1,5 gb ram
8800Gt

Next month im gonna upgrade to a E6750 etc. But do you guys think that it's my Cpu that's holding it back?

Your CPU is definatly holding it back. What Graphics settings do you have it running now? If your using Anti-Aliasing now and you weren't before then your obviously going to take a performance hit, but it will look better.

Once you get that E6750 you'll be able to run the game with all the best settings and get well over 100FPS.
ah thanks for the fast reply, I just thought that something was wrong with my gfx. But I never used AA and FFAA with my 6600GT.

Anyway just waiting for some other replies.
I have an 8800GTS 640 MB and I get around 150-300 FPS in LFS. E6750 CPU OC'ed to 3.2 GHz. Don't know what would bog an 8800GT down other than a slow CPU.
An AMD 3500 is holding him back?

Oh dear (sighs a recently made unhappy 2200+ owner)
Quote from Storm_Cloud :An AMD 3500 is holding him back?

Oh dear (sighs a recently made unhappy 2200+ owner)

AMD 3500 doesn't mean 3.5GHz, it's most like 2,XGHz

My AMD Sempron 3000+ is only a 1,8GHz, and that's probably what hold him back, slow CPU....
There is an obscure AA/AF setting that really swamps LFS' performance. There are a couple good threads in the tech assistance section on the matter.

edit -> its prob your cpu.

edit 2 -> if your fps stays above 60 (lcd) or 80 (crt, possible 85), you are above your monitors refresh rate, your pc is making excess and unseen frames, there is no advantage whatsoever for having any more fps.
Well, It's not that. I first tested this card on my uncle's PC. So we could test it on Crysis DX10.

It aws very awful. Very low fps not playable. Is this normal with a 8800gt?
How stupid.

Did a quick run with 3dmark06 and scored 5008. The cpu test where at 0/1 fps and graphic test around 30/40. My cpu and ram just sux.
#10 - Gmm
Quote from Takumi_lfs :How stupid.

Did a quick run with 3dmark06 and scored 5008. The cpu test where at 0/1 fps and graphic test around 30/40. My cpu and ram just sux.

I remember that mi 3500+ also geld (I don't if it's correct that word:schwitz my old 7900GT, but I overclock to 2.8ghz and improve the perfomance a lot.

Also mi Opteron 180@3ghz was a CPU quite slow for passing loops with 3d06 with my old 8800GTS 320mb but it was perfect for playing
well then. Anyway to overclock my cpu for a month? I'm saving money for a new cpu,board and ram.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :How stupid.

Something is wrong with your system. Even with a slower cpu you should get higher total 3dmarks.... I think, my system gets ~12,266.

BTW, the CPU tests on my 3.2GHz C2D are about the same as yours, so don't expect miracles.
nah, It's just my CPU. Did a quick test on FEAR benchmark/ test.

Whenever i change graphics to maximum or minimum i dont see a difference, but if i change the computer setting to medium or high i see alot of difference!

So my CPU just sux (it's an old one :tilt
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Well, It's not that. I first tested this card on my uncle's PC. So we could test it on Crysis DX10.

It aws very awful. Very low fps not playable. Is this normal with a 8800gt?

Yes there are currently no cards that can play Crysis on very high in DX10. My 8800GT can play Crysis on high fine normally but the fps suffers in places. I know running in DX9 gives a big boost in framerate for virtually no loss in eye candy, haven't tried that yet though.
your cpu isnt that bad

did you clear all the previous drivers properly when you installed the card ?
Quote from Shotglass :your cpu isnt that bad

did you clear all the previous drivers properly when you installed the card ?

Ofcourse I did, But since i dont see any diffrence with AA and FFAA active on lfs. So it's definetly better if i save up for a good cpu and motherboard.

Any ideas witch motherboard would run fine on a E6750 and 8800GT (pciE 2.0)
Quote from Takumi_lfs :
Any ideas witch motherboard would run fine on a E6750 and 8800GT (pciE 2.0)

Some P35 board (like Asus P5K or some of it's sister boards). I'm building P5K/E6750/8800GTS-512MB

It's true that you need a good CPU with 8800 or you won't get all out of it. But I don't understand why your 8800 is so much slower than the earlier card. Even if the cpu is holding it back I think 8800 should still be at least as fast as the old one
Quote from Aquilifer :Some P35 board (like Asus P5K or some of it's sister boards). I'm building P5K/E6750/8800GTS-512MB

It's true that you need a good CPU with 8800 or you won't get all out of it. But I don't understand why your 8800 is so much slower than the earlier card. Even if the cpu is holding it back I think 8800 should still be at least as fast as the old one

Like i said above (soory my fault) It is actually faster than my older one. Just my bad. I was only talking about global LFS FPS. No any changes at all. But I was told that LFS is mostly using the CPU.

I was thinking of the Asus P5K premium

http://www.alternate.nl/pix/prodpic/450x450/g/gpea89.jpg

http://www.alternate.nl/pix/prodpic/450x450/g/gpea89_1.jpg
Yeah it's CPU, and make sure to get some quality 2x1 GB ram too.
#20 - Jakg
P5K-E is fine, Premium has NO extra features you'll ever use.

The CPU test ALWAYS gives a low FPS, even on my Quad Core (...@ 3 GHz) i barely get 1 FPS. It doesn't mean your CPU sucks.

The biggest issue is the fact your getting LESS FPS with this card than the old 6600GT - have you turned any settings up? vSync?

8800GT MUST use the very latest drivers (169.25's i think) to get the best performance, as it's such a new card.
Quote from Jakg :P5K-E is fine, Premium has NO extra features you'll ever use.

The CPU test ALWAYS gives a low FPS, even on my Quad Core (...@ 3 GHz) i barely get 1 FPS. It doesn't mean your CPU sucks.

The biggest issue is the fact your getting LESS FPS with this card than the old 6600GT - have you turned any settings up? vSync?

8800GT MUST use the very latest drivers (169.25's i think) to get the best performance, as it's such a new card.

I'm kind of surprised in the almost 2 years 06 has been out that the cpu test is still demanding to the level that the top home cpu's are only getting 1-2 fps. But when you take in account how demanding high-quality rendering is .

p35c-ds3l has been getting a lot of sucessful oc's too.

Good luck, merry Christmas!
#22 - Jakg
I think that modern CPU's just aren't designed to do the sort of work that that test makes it to, it doesn't prove that CPU's suck.

From looking around when i was replacing my P5K, if you want a good board and RAID then get the P5K-E. If you don't need RAID then look at the Gigabyte P35 DS3.

I wouldn't get a DDR3 crossover board because i can't see DDR3 becoming a reasonable choice until the P35 chipset has been superceeded anyway.
Quote from srdsprinter :I'm kind of surprised in the almost 2 years 06 has been out that the cpu test is still demanding to the level that the top home cpu's are only getting 1-2 fps. But when you take in account how demanding high-quality rendering is .

rubbish
the test is fixed to run at exactly 2 fps
I'd like to run the test, but all I could find was the online game-o-meter, which gave me this result: Either your hardware is too new, too old or too rare - we don't know enough of it to give an accurate estimation. Sorry.
Takumi, can I ask you where you bought the 8800GT?

[Dutchmode]

Ik ben namelijk al dagen aan het zoeken naar een winkel waar de kaart niet is uitverkocht; nog geen succes tot nu toe. Heb je hem ergens online besteld of gewoon opgehaald bij een winkel? Bijna overal waar ik heen bel/mail krijg ik als antwoord "2e week Januari" - en ik weet niet of ik dat nou moet geloven

[/Dutchmode]

(59 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG