The online racing simulator
Problems with graphics
(16 posts, started )
Problems with graphics
Hi folks. I'm having problems with lfs and my video card. I'm running an AMD64 3800+ and a Leadtek 7800GTX with 2GB of RAM and the graphics are all sparkly. I've tried maxing out the settings for the card from the nVidia system tray icon which does help in-game but when I do this and then navigate to a page which uses java my pc locks up as soon as I exit Firefox. This does not happen if I leave my settings at "Application controlled". Should I not be adjusting these settings?
Setup a profile for LFS, so that when it starts, the settings automagically change. Check out: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=978

In short, unless you want AA, AF, etc. all on high all the time and cooking your PC, leave them on app controlled and setup a profile for specific games. This means it runs nice and cool on the desktop, and then maxs out when playing LFS, etc.
Quote from the_angry_angel :Setup a profile for LFS, so that when it starts, the settings automagically change. Check out: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=978

In short, unless you want AA, AF, etc. all on high all the time and cooking your PC, leave them on app controlled and setup a profile for specific games. This means it runs nice and cool on the desktop, and then maxs out when playing LFS, etc.

You mean I might have fried my video card?

I downloaded the "nhance" to my desktop and ran it but nothing happens. What am I missing? I can't even delete it as when I try it says it's being used by another program. I'm lost. Again.

Would you mind walking me through the process of setting a profile for lfs2 please?
Maybe posting a screenshot of that sparkly graphics could help us...
Quote from AndroidXP :Maybe posting a screenshot of that sparkly graphics could help us...

I don't know how to do that either. This is becoming embarassing. illepall
When in game, press Print Screen (top right of keyboard, at least in UK). Then go into any paint program (MS paint will do), and paste the screenshot. Save as a jpeg, and stick in on the forum.
OK. What I really need to know is how to UNINSTALL nhancer. Because the crash had set corrupted my Firefox extensions I'm left with 2 nhancer files on my desktop. I'd really like to get rid of them. When I try to it tells me they are being used by another program.

HELP!
Try resetting the PC and deleting the files then (Assuming they are just setup files ofcourse)
Quote from kidzer :Try resetting the PC and deleting the files then (Assuming they are just setup files ofcourse)

Tried that, doesn't work. It keeps telling me they are being used by another program. I am seriously pissed off! I can't even figure out how to get into safe mode to try. It's certainly not F8 on this BIOS. My BIOS is a Phoenix.
Here's the offending article.

Doesn't look too bad at this size but it's much worse that it used to be.
Attached images
jaggysparkly.jpg
Quote from zorrofox :Tried that, doesn't work. It keeps telling me they are being used by another program. I am seriously pissed off! I can't even figure out how to get into safe mode to try. It's certainly not F8 on this BIOS. My BIOS is a Phoenix.

Makes no difference. I finally got into safe mode and still I can't get rid of these 2 files. Has anyone got any idea how to get rid of them?

This issue is FIXED.
Quote from zorrofox :Here's the offending article.

Doesn't look too bad at this size but it's much worse that it used to be.

I see no sparkles!
Quote from tristancliffe :I see no sparkles!

Well maybe I used the wrong word. The kerbs are all wavy, shimmering lines.
Oh I see. Like on wire fences and the buildings? That's normal. It can be made less bad with Anti-Aliasing (graphics card settings in Windows) and mip mapping (Options - Graphics iirc).
You can also try firing up Riva Tuner and forcefully changing the MIP bias to 0.3

That especially helps if you have a 6600 GT, granted, it makes textures in the far unsharper, but it's hardly noticeable and soo much better to look at.
Problem Solved
Got it fixed now guys. It was just one of many problems I was having. I wasn't setting up the profile in the nvidia drivers correctly for LFS which made the driver go to default desktop settings.

Now it's back to superb all round again.

Thanks to all who helped.

I may return. lol

Problems with graphics
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG