The online racing simulator
Buying an Ipod Touch
(9 posts, started )
Buying an Ipod Touch
I've been looking into buying an Ipod Touch for quite some time now (several months), and the Apple whatever convention is coming up mid/late January (24th maybe?). I know the prices won't drop, but I also don't know what will be introduced, some new piece of machinery to take over the world.. who knows.

I keep going back and forth between the 8 and 16gb models. Which is dependent on my other issue, the battery life. With both being capable of 20 hours of music, and 5 hours of video, or something of the sort, I would have to charge it just about every night, meaning if i want a different song on it.. i would just change it there while i'm charging it.

My music library on the other hand is just shy of 18 gb, but I'm sure I don't listen to but about 10 gb.

I will be buying this mainly for the use of WiFi while I'm on campus, hopefully it won't distract me too too much, and because I'm getting it for the WiFi, this also points out I won't be using it so much for music.

However, the prices as we all know are staggering. $300 for the 8gb, $400 for the 16gb. When you could just as well go out and buy a new PS3 for $400, which is the reason I've been taking into account the 8gb version.

And as a post-note, Apple will be coming out with an SDK in February (no longer is it a rumor), which will allow software developers to make programs for the touch and iPhone.

Oh and one last thing, sorry for making this so long, ~$150 will not be payed by me, but through money people owed me, and through an account at school which can only be used at the stores on campus.

---- in short ----
Expensive (could buy a PS3 if I wanted)
Short battery life
SDK comes out in February
18gb music library, only make 8gb and 16gb, which will constantly increase
well, so much for the chat but anyways here I am using my 8gb touch, which thus far for the past 2 hours have come to an excellent use, with figuring out my class schedule for the past few classes
Lol

I have a creative zen vision M with a 30gb hard drive and I've only used 5gb.

I have a mere 169 songs, 50 videos, and 322 photos
That's what I was thinking about last night if it could be hooked up via outsim.

I'm still surprised how long the battery lasted yesterday compared to everyone elses' "4" hours of wifi time, I swear I used far more than that, and still had about 30% remaining before I went to bed last night.

It actually came in heavy use last night through multiple people at my school looking up their schedules online after forgetting where their classes are etc.
We almost ordered a pizza online off of it because no one else could get the internet except the itouch lol.

A while ago I decided I wouldn't jailbreak it because Apple is comming out with an SDK for it in February, so I figured I'd wait until then to get some apps for it.
ive had my 8gb touch for about 4 months now and is very disappointed, i was using a cowon A2 for a couple of weeks before i used this and ive got to say the i pod would win if it was BETTER!.

the touch screens becoming unresponsive
it doesn't reconise my music and some of my songs randomly vanish, yes im using the Shitty i tunes, but when i touch music it comes up with there is no music to display i click it again its the same i click again its all there

then i watch a few videos and go back to music and nope song i was playing isn't on the ipod no more

reconnect it to the pc and wipe and start again, ok for a few hours and then again music slowly deletes it self, the battery is good its still going strong

my remote works when it feels like it

the springboard freezes alll the time, and the utube button doesn't work and this is 4 months old never dropped charged correctly and is covered from head to toe in protection i got scratch protection sticker things on the front and the back i got a plastic hard case over that,

so im a disappointed user
Ouch, you must have gotten one of those bad batches they have been trying to get out of the resale of.

I love mine so far, works perfect, and really.. haven't had a single issue with the battery yet, I killed the battery once to see how long it would last, talked on beejive messenger for 2 hours, listening to music, and surfed around the forum and watched a bunch of youtube videos, thing probably lasted 5 or so hours.

I'm curious as to why people say the battery is so bad, I haven't had an issue with it. Besides that one day i purposely ran it down I have yet to burn the battery down below 70% in a day, I don't use it a ton, I use it for what I got it for, checking email, weather, maps, etc.
Very pleased with the upgrade too, set up a gmail account, got it working so on and so forth, nothing like having breakfast and seeing pictures sent by your parents and frends several hours away sent to you every morning and being able to check them out.
Especially when they're pictures of snow and you have a hot cup of hot chocolate in your hands

Also got a skin for the back of mine, loving it, and don't have to put up with a mirror finish which was starting to get a few small marks within first week of using it and being in a sleeve the whole time pretty much.

I think I love mine mostly in part because instead of having to lug around my 17" laptop I can just take that thing around which is .. really the equivalent of everything I need. (unless i'm doing a powerpoint), but even then I can now take notes and import them as a txt file
XC, if you had a Mac, you could export a powerpoint to a .MOV, and show it from an iPod, using the AV cables and a dock+remote.

thats another thing that doesnt work the TV out lol

my n82 works with the cable so it aint it its the i pod
It does work, but only through a dock, and one of the newer docks, because they added some sort of verification chip into it.

Buying an Ipod Touch
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG