The online racing simulator
Computer problem
(6 posts, started )
Computer problem
Heya all..My machine's playing up again.

It just randomly reboots without warning, then says 'the system has recovered from a serious error'

Ideas?

DK
When does this happen? After you've been playing games? Or just completely randomly?

It would really help us if you could tell us more info. You don't just tell the car mechanic, "The engine stalled." Well, you DO if that's really all that happened, but something more like, "The car started shuddering, and making a screeching sound and THEN it stalled. And it was really cold when it happened."

All I can say is make sure it's not overheating. The build-up of dust over the years can lead to parts overheating and causing that problem. If it STILL does it, you might want to reseat the RAM and processor if you know how to do that. Running MemTest might also be advised to see if it's the RAM. Of course, it could also be software related. If you installed something recently, that might be it.
#3 - Bean0
Possibly overheating, maybe PSU on it's way.

Got another PSU to try, or can you borrow one ?
I'll try another PSU

It happens randomly, I can be doing anything and bam, it just restarts. I've been trying to track it down. It never seemed to reboot with the side of the case off, so I'm thinking it may possibly be overheating.

DK
#5 - Bean0
That would depend on your airflow.

Most cases are designed so that the air is drawn in at the front, past all the hot bits, and exhausted out or the rear of the case. If you have a birds nest of wiring in there, then it will be interfering with the airflow and therefore the cooling.

Would have thought overheating issues would be more prevalent in the summer though...it's chuffing freezing at the moment.
Yeah. Down in Virginia my CPU was running at like 55. Came up to freezing New Jersey for Christmas and it's idling at a cool 35 now.

Computer problem
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG