The online racing simulator
Why don't we ask Eric if he can release all the original LFS textures, if those got scaled down to save some space or vid memory it means that the originals are high res.

Or we can wait for the Christmas surprise resent: (hint hint!)
Quote from BLooDMaN :Or we can wait for the Christmas surprise resent: (hint hint!)

Here is a wishlist Just a one third would be nice OR an AWD MRT - ART?

So which track or car or what are we going to do first?
Quote from Hyperactive :Here is a wishlist

I think we've been naughty this season, I wonder if Scawnta will give us anything
Better textures would be awesome!!! My PC will be kinda hard to max out, and by the time S3 comes out most people will have computers that can handle twice as much. My FPS don't ever go below my limit of 70 with mazed out everything and talk radio or music playing in windows media player in the background. I say, don't make the game to fit current technology, make people upgrade to enjoy the latest eyecandy and if they can't afford it they can turn down the detail.
#80 - axus
I agree. I really want eyecandy now... grrrr - darn nK Pro screenies looking so good (don't worry - I won't be converted because I don't like single seaters anyway)
Ok, so now we already have some high-res textures (skies, driver suits, braking discs). If you are interested, I could put them all in one installer and upload the file as a test.
i could probably fidle around with some textures in fireworks, probably wont look so great tho
hmmmm, what program can read the .dds files, or how could i get them to work in fireworks.
#85 - axus
Quote from GP4Flo :Ok, so now we already have some high-res textures (skies, driver suits, braking discs). If you are interested, I could put them all in one installer and upload the file as a test.

Excellent! I'd love to try them out. The driver suits are much needed improvement. I have been trying to mess around with those grass textures with little success. I cannot find a big enough photoreal texture to use to improve them. Someone with a good camera, please help me out with this.
those neoprene driver suits are almost as pathetic as this thread.

maybe only beaten by the 4sight lfs shop thread or 95% of the edited pics thread.
There is always room for improvement, but somehow you have to get it started
#88 - axus
And KiD's oppinion is undoubtedly the undisputed and correct one in every case... please post the textures so we can give them a try, get some people interested in the project and hopefully working on it. I'm very interested but I seriously don't know where to get started - once we have some tasks arranged between several people I'm sure we can get some improvement going.
Kinda of a bump here, but I think focus should be on the ashplalt and concrete (curbs too) first then worry about the horizon as a whole, as these are mostley what our eyes are focusing on........then we can worry about the grass, signs, banners etc... ...just a thought
I have tons of high res road textures, gravel, and grass. PM me if your interested.

Oh yah, did i mention they are seamless? :P
do you collect them or what?
Quote from Roadie :I have tons of high res road textures, gravel, and grass. PM me if your interested.

Oh yah, did i mention they are seamless? :P

Chances are, those aren't legal, so I wouldn't exactly put them out as a texture addon Because people who sell textures will not be happy about unlicensed work
#93 - axus
Someone bought them at some point, so what you use it for is up to you :P.
If you want to make free unofficial addons, they can't exactly sue you for it. Sounds like a plan... Shall we get cracking then? I should have my PC sorted in a week or so (it got struck by lightning and I'm currently on a PC incapable of running Photoshop or anything of the like). After that I can put some time into this.
Well, im not up to read 4 pages long thread but i'm pretty good at photoshop, let me know if you need help.

[email protected]
this is my email.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG