The online racing simulator
South City Sprint 1 : Post race discussion
any post race discussion here.
Thank you Dan for running a smooth event. It is so so nice to attend an event and not have to worry about admining it

Had a good first race, finishing 6th in the end. Second race wasn't so good, I could not slow enough for the last corner of race one, and I made contact with Dan down there, later spun and flipped.

After that, it was lonely till the end really, but thankfully, others made mistakes, and others were taken out, but ho hum and karma. All good in the end.

Looking forward to round two.
#3 - Mauni
Won the qualification under GFresh's admining partly because a person fooled others not to join the qualy after pitting.
First race just cruising to the finish at first place
Second race with reversed grid, I got to fourth place, but after overtaking attempt at lap 3, got nasty lag hit after T1 and was sent to orbit. Suspension broke and game over for me.
OK. First race was boring as i was alone all the time.

Second race was a disaster even when i finished 4th. I was involved in 3 crashes.

First crash was unintensional as i was not prepared that everyone will brake soooooooo early. My fault. Here's the vid.

http://kamo.4ignition.com/lfs/crash1.avi

Second well maybe not crash but incident involving Leprekaun. When i left him little room bumped him and made him slide. Sry . And the vid.

http://kamo.4ignition.com/lfs/crash2.avi

And third the most spectacular crash which i think i wasn't guilty with Moseby. I think lag did that as i was trying to hold my line and from my view Moseby was doing something wrong( but i'm sure it was a lag)

Here's the vid

http://kamo.4ignition.com/lfs/crash3.avi

Well That's my story. If admin want's he can delete few points from my account for that. All was unintensional.
it was a bad first race for me i finished 7 because of a small incident but next race was good enough 2nd place
Quote from kamo2000 :First crash was unintensional as i was not prepared that everyone will brake soooooooo early. My fault. Here's the vid.

http://kamo.4ignition.com/lfs/crash1.avi

So you were the one spinning me...too bad but don't worry. I know it was unintentional. No need to worry about it . The main point is to have fun. By the way 2nd and 3rd with fastest laps both times was a nice result for me, including 3rd place in qual. See you in next round.
Firstly I want to say thanks to dan and gfresh for organising and admining this league.

And I also want to say that I was a bit frustrated.

Where are these people when they sign up a league and don't show even in the first race? I know some of them told they won't make it but where are the others?

I knew I wouldn't be as fast as the other guys but did a nice 8th. place in qualifying.

First Race was horrible for me. Overdose of adrenaline in my blood and did a small mistake and hit the pavement in 1st lap, flipped over.

Then waited patiently for the 2nd race to begin, 2 of 11 people on the server then left after crashes, never to come back.

Second race was a good one, GFresh said he didn't see my qualifying lap. Don't know why, but nice people on the server saved me and I joined the grid in the last place.
I don't know what happened, the second race's second lap was a mrt carnage. I swinged around some (4 I think) spinned cars and while I was trying to understand what happened I saw a spinned car in front and clipped it and spun.
Last place then I thought, 9th. position, not too bad for me for my first ever MRT event. Then Mauni spectated (didn't know why until I read his post) and in 15th lap I think ChesNos was stationary on track when I passed him. 7th place. Not too bad for me, and also clean races which worried me too much
I qualified 8th which was about where I expected.

The first laps of race 1 were ok and I passed speedy a few times () until I flipped in lap 12 or 13. Would have been a 5th place probably.

In the second race, I started last in 12th position. I was lucky in the first laps and passed people who crashed so I was in 5th position after some laps. Had great close racing throughout the whole race and finished 6th in the end.
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Quote from speedway :I qualified 7th which was about where I expected.

The first laps of race 1 were ok and I passed ziggy a few times () until he flipped in lap 12 or 13. He would have been a 5th place probably.
And i think we have to reconsider team-orders there

It was only because you were sliding in the first sector in almost every lap!!
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Let's change topic, ok?

I finished in front of you in race 2.
Quote from psychometalist :Second race was a good one, GFresh said he didn't see my qualifying lap. Don't know why, but nice people on the server saved me and I joined the grid in the last place.

Yeah, not sure what happened there. I took a screeny of the qualified times list after i saw that everyone was stationary on track after the 15 mins was up, then ordered from there. You were not on that list .
Appologies anyway, perhaps some weird bug?
Ok........where to start.

Firstly, I was pretty dissapointed in the amount of drivers that turned up, I know a few said they would miss the first event, and thats fine, but out of about 37 entrants, we had (at most) 24 drivers last night, thats almost 13 drivers missing .

As for the race, my race went pretty poorly TBH, qualifying was exciting, probably the most exciting part of the race, I managed to beat mkinnov8 by about 0.02 of a second on the last lap

First race was poor, got knocked on the first corner, and spent about 30 seconds trying to get straight, then spent the rest of the race alone, managed to get 9th due to some retirements.

Second race started well, in pole, dropped to 2nd, and it looked like I would stay there, untill I lost the back and hit a kerb and flipped, nightmare.

I was a little dissapointed in the conduct of a couple of drivers, stuff like that should be left in the playground chaps, we are all grown-ups here............

Thanks to GFresh for his first ever time admining an event, he did bloody well, and future events will run better.

Lets hope the next rounds will have some more drivers......
Not that much drivers, which was a shame like Dan said.

Racing wasn't that epic either, in the first race Mauni ran away since the first lap. Managed to fight for the second place for a lap and a half maybe, but was a bit soft in T1 and didn't have the pace to catch up again.

Second race, reversed grid, good start, faster guys behind me had problems and I managed to pull myself to the first place after few laps and stay there.

3rd and 1st for me isn't all that bad considering I had only 10-15 lap practice, well I know the track, but to refresh my mind.
Quote from danowat :
Firstly, I was pretty dissapointed in the amount of drivers that turned up, I know a few said they would miss the first event, and thats fine, but out of about 37 entrants, we had (at most) 24 drivers last night, thats almost 13 drivers missing .

Nothing that can be done really Dan, its a mixture of the time of year, start time of the series, annoying time zones and lack of commitment. Drivers will come and go, those who where there, im sure were greatful for the organisation.

Quote from danowat :I managed to beat mkinnov8 by about 0.02 of a second on the last lap

U bugger!

I was disappointed for you to see you spun out at the first corner of the first race of your series, but it happens, and im sure that will be your worst round

Quote from danowat : I was a little dissapointed in the conduct of a couple of drivers, stuff like that should be left in the playground chaps, we are all grown-ups here............

To me, most things looked like racing incidents, but yes, hopefully, it was just first race tensions

Can I just get a quick clarification on a rule please?

Quote from Rules :Qualification :

This is an open qualifying system, that means that can pit at anytime, you are allowed to RESET, if you are stuck against a wall, you are only permitted to warp to pits if you are stuck and can't move.

Does that mean that you can Shift+P to the pits at anytime in qualifying and return to the track? A team mate who was in the second server had half a session wasted by someone who told him that he couldn't rejoin qualify after warping to the pits.

So generally, can it be a little clearer please? Does it mean you can "drive" into the pits and make a pit stop, or does it mean you can warp from any location, get a new car and give it another go?

Also, are there any different rules for tracks without a pitlane?

And finally, the "stuck and can't move" part.. does that include running out of fuel?

Cheers
Yeah, we had some issues on server 2 regarding the rules.

Generally, they are pretty relaxed, you can get back to the pits however you want, be it driving in, tele-pitting, summoning a giant dolphin helper, whatever

The same applies to reseting, you can do whatever to get yourself back on the track.

I have tried to clarify it in the rules
Just wanted to post a quick message to say thanks for hosting the event..

Enjoyed both races, a couple of incidents, but hey, thats racing .

Had some real close racing with some guys on track, so respect to those that can race close and not have contact.

On a side note, I would like to apologise for "swearing" on the server..
Well, it was an interesting first round, however, there were some drivers that I felt who had the mentality "I'm coming through and taking the racing line, if you're there, then its your problem". A driver whom I felt was quite dangerous on the track was Devildare <- Licence name, don't know how to spell his full name. He was taking crazy risks in race 1 and then using some bad language and then departing quickly. I know that he stated that it was an emergency but no need for bad language.

If I were honest, I hadn't put in a lap of practice before quali , but I had a good reason for that and thats because I have big exams this week so more time studying and then when I did get on to LFS, it was mostly to drive the FBM .

I really think that this league could be something special, its just that there are a few drivers without mentioning names and that my advice that they should either leave in order to leave respectably or if they choose not to, up to you Dan that ruin this league.

We are here to race and to have fun. When there are drivers who don't seem to show consideration of others, its hard to have fun and then when certain drivers (or in my case: S. Moseby) choose to insult others because of personal issues which are like 8 months old, they just ruin the fun atmosphere of this league.

I'm known around these forums for being a love/hate kind of guy. There are many who dislike my attitude and behaviour and there are many whom I've known for years and are great friends. Those who I didn't get along with before were like the members of the ATC team but as we've learnt to rise above these problems and learnt to deal with each other in a much more polite, respectable manner, some of the DBP members choose to keep gnawing at me.

I'm not here to try and make you feel that I'm the one whos the good guy. I've been at fault with the members of DBP in the past, I do admit that but I've attempted to apologise for my actions and knowing that I've done many mistakes in the past and have apologised many times, it can be hard to accept apologies but the point is that I felt bad or guilty for my actions and I had hoped that perhaps, we may never be friends again but perhaps a form of politeness and respect could exist but they have chosen to insult me and while it was only S. Moseby who clearly insulted me, I had sent a PM to Stoney (or Kev Higgins) to ask of what he thought of his team mate's actions and he chose to support it which is why I refer to them as "they".

I've raced in one other MRT league before in the MRT Fun cup 06-07 championship. It was so enjoyable, there were so many good battles between myself, Papafant and Andy(Ger) and up and down the field as well. We strictly raced professionally, we dealt with each other in a respectable, polite manner and also, there was quite a friendly atmosphere among most of the racers.

I believe that this is possible with this league as well because I'm confident that the adminning team know what they're doing very well and have a great reputation as drivers on the track and off it as well.

I would like to mention that I will not accept Sly_Guy's apology. His attitude was despicable.

To conclude, I look forward to the next round. FE Club + MRT is a great mix for me and I'll try and target for wins here
Sigh, personally, I don't care who has an axe to grind with who, if it happens again, then the people who don't respect others will be removed from the league, simple as that.

I have no time to spend organising a league for stupid petty arguments, either you race clean and fair and respect others, or don't race at all, it's that simple.

That goes for everyone.

Personal vendetta's have no place in this, or any league, so please, let's draw a line under it, and move on.
Quote from danowat :Personal vendetta's have no place in this, or any league, so please, let's draw a line under it, and move on.

I totally agree and knowing that they were going to compete in this league when I signed up, I honestly was going into this league to be polite, not show any aggressive vigour towards any of my former team mates.
Thank you Dan and GFresh for organising and running this.

Last night was fun.

Serp.
No vendettas here, of that I can 100% assure everyone.

I am a very clean racer, who hardly ever has a bad word to say about anyone.. those that know me would describe me as a "Big frilly pink thing of a man, with the demeanour of a fluffy bunny"

I for one would like to draw a line under this "incident" and move forward!

Taxi !
-
(Leprekaun) DELETED by Leprekaun
Quote from Mauni :Won the qualification under GFresh's admining partly because a person fooled others not to join the qualy after pitting.

It was a mistake, easy to see why you don't understand the mistake, as YOU don't drive in the RSWC. And I am not the only one who thought what I did, I was just the only one to said it, I
thought I should save some people from getting penalties I don't want anyone to get a penalty, so when one person trys to help, even when it is a mistake people still want to put them into trouble by making it sound like it was a malicious attempt at trying to gain an advantage....
Quote from BlueFlame :It was a mistake, easy to see why you don't understand the mistake, as YOU don't drive in the RSWC.

How does a different league has anything to do with this? Anyway, it was a small mistake after all and I won't go into any further arguing about it.
Quote from BlueFlame :It was a mistake, easy to see why you don't understand the mistake, as YOU don't drive in the RSWC. And I am not the only one who thought what I did, I was just the only one to said it, I
thought I should save some people from getting penalties I don't want anyone to get a penalty, so when one person trys to help, even when it is a mistake people still want to put them into trouble by making it sound like it was a malicious attempt at trying to gain an advantage....

I accept you meant well, but you must remember that some people don't know who you are. I, for one, thought you were a Race Director and knew what you were talking about.

I believed I was familiar with the rules, but when you raised the issue I went off to check, thereby losing qualifying time.

What really got me though, was you accused me of not knowing the rules because I went to check them! Class!
Quote from Mauni :How does a different league has anything to do with this? Anyway, it was a small mistake after all and I won't go into any further arguing about it.

Because the RSWC is also run by Danowat and I assumed the rules would be the same, you hadn't raced in RSWC and recently we had alot of trouble with people not abiding to the rules with the qualifying.
Quote from Serpentine :I accept you meant well, but you must remember that some people don't know who you are. I, for one, thought you were a Race Director and knew what you were talking about.

I believed I was familiar with the rules, but when you raised the issue I went off to check, thereby losing qualifying time.

What really got me though, was you accused me of not knowing the rules because I went to check them! Class!

Thanks, at least one person does, as for accusations, that's typical of me, i am a spasticated retard when it comes to going in with 2 feet and not backing down, usually over retarded things too. Sorry for that :<

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG