The online racing simulator
LFS Setups / Colours X10-X30 Fix
(99 posts, started )
Quote from MoonForce :wouldnt be writing a simple batch file much easier than coding an app?

anyway nice, thanx , but unneccessary in my eyes ^^

You must have skipped my posts where I tried that and failed.
really great and worked like a dream today. thanks again.....
Thank u wery much
Quote from MoonForce :wouldnt be writing a simple batch file much easier than coding an app?

anyway nice, thanx , but unneccessary in my eyes ^^

For my own use, the Perl script I coded was just fine (I don't bother with batch files these days when Perl is far superior ).. and alongside what Bob mentions, have you read the previous queries along the (simplified) lines of "WTF's DOS!?". If people can't click with a mouse and see pretty pictures, some are baffled (I mean no disrespect to those that are unfamiliar with a DOS prompt, just to me, worrying what they teach (or don't, as the case may be) in schools these days.. cmdline knowledge is _always_ useful)

As it turned it out, it took me about the same time to code the GUI tool as it did to write the original Perl script.. Borland's VCL makes it quick and easy to knock up something like this.. and at least it doesn't require some massive overhead of dependencies (.NOT for example, speaking generally here, not just for this tool)

Regards,

Ian
That's what i need!
Thank you for this tool.
None of my skins load up?
mine says

Could not open "my directory for LFS" to read

help!!!!
Leprekaun:

No idea about skins.. it doesn't do anything with any of the skin related files / dirs.

NeoSquall:

Are you pointing the dir browser to your root LFS directory? The util auto appends 'data/settings/' to whatever you select as your LFS root path and will then display that message if the settings dir can't be read. This will either be because you defined the wrong directory as your root path, or for some unknown reason, your settings dir is unreadable (I suspect the former ).

The dir you should be selecting for your root path, is the one containing your LFS.exe file.

Regards,

Ian
damn... I thought I had to select the settings folder! haha! my mistake.

yay! it works!!

thanks!
#85 - Sage
Man, I had 1507 set-up's updated.
Thanks a ton, man!
I had 1600
Anyway, thanks a lot for this, really helped me
Lol, with standar setups I couldn`t beat the AI xD
Quote from Ian.H :

[ snip ]

If people can keep the brokenly named files and bare with me, I'll code another tool to read the data from the setup file to get the car name and auto-fix the breakages I caused.

I'll try and get this done either tonight or tomorrow

Regards,

Ian

Hi all..

I've looked at both the .set and .col files and it seems there's nothing in them that contain any car related data. This means my original plan on extracting the car name and fixing the broken filenames isn't going to be possible

Sincere apologies to anyone who ended up with broken filenames as a result of running the first console version. I really hoped I could fix this

Regards,

Ian
Just tried the latest version and it did exactly what I needed it to do.

Thanks Ian.
Works perfect first time

Nice one mate!
#90 - Vat
Oh, thank god - nice work, rubbing temples sending you Xmas good wishes right now.
thank you kind sir
i'm a noob... Still dont get it... Lol....

If someone can take 5 minutes to help me I would be very pleaced...

I god my old LFS in this direction (C:\Program Files\Nanoteknologi\LFS_S2_ALPHA_W)

My new ones is here (C:\Liveforspeed)

After opening the (Dos window) What do i type??
Quote from Zirconius :i'm a noob... Still dont get it... Lol....

If someone can take 5 minutes to help me I would be very pleaced...

I god my old LFS in this direction (C:\Program Files\Nanoteknologi\LFS_S2_ALPHA_W)

My new ones is here (C:\Liveforspeed)

After opening the (Dos window) What do i type??

All's good

If you've grabbed the attachment from this thread since I last edited the first post, you'll actually have a standard windoze GUI rather than needing to use a DOS window (that was causing too much confusion).

As you're running 2 separate installs.. copy 'C:\Program Files\Nanoteknologi\LFS_S2_ALPHA_W\data\settings' to your new 'C:\Liveforspeed\data' dir. Load the tool I posted in the first post here. Click on the [...] button to the right of the text field at the top and select your 'C:\Liveforspeed' dir. Then click on 'Fix'.

It'll run through the files and display them in the list as per the attachment in the first post. Once you're done and happy, you can then manually delete the 'C:\Liveforspeed\data\settings' dir as the new files get written to the 'data/setups' and 'data/colours' dir accordingly.

If any of it's still unclear, post back and I'll run through what's left with you to get you sorted

Regards,

Ian
Then i got the message: (Could not open C:\liveforspeed\data\settings for reading)

Hmmmm...
Hi z..

Sorry, I don't know if I caught my edit before you tried it. I got the path wrong when mentioning about copying your data/settings dir from your old install to your patch Y install.

If you copied this dir to your 'C:/LiveforSpeed' dir, move it into 'C:/LiveforSpeed/data' (so you should end up with C:/LiveforSpeed/data/settings'). Then click on 'fix' again and it should work.

Sorry about that.

Regards,

Ian
Still gets the same message... Could not open.... Hmmm.... Hehe..
I just copyed the entire folder "settings" from my old path and copyed it into the new lfs/data map.... And did as u told on the last post... but still doesnt work..
Quote from Zirconius :I just copyed the entire folder "settings" from my old path and copyed it into the new lfs/data map.... And did as u told on the last post... but still doesnt work..

What dir have you selected at the top of the tool? It will need to be your 'C:/LiveforSpeed' dir of your new install (rather than the data or settings dir within it... I'm just clarifying here, not saying you have done that ).

Regards,

Ian
Hello

I've used the app and it does what is expected, thanks Ian.
Although i have a sugestion.

Since whenever you perform one operation of this kind on sensitive files we usually do a back-up on them, probably it would be better if the application didn't require the folder tree to be similar as an original lfs installation.
I say this because i never use this app's on the program folder, i imported the settings folder to a temp folder and try to use the app there, but i had to create a lfs similar folder structure for the app to run, something like this:
C:\temp\set&col lfs_y\data\settings
and manually had to create
C:\temp\set&col lfs_y\data\setups
C:\temp\set&col lfs_y\data\colours

Prolly the app could function within the 'data' folder only, and also create the folders 'setups' and also 'colours', explorer would then ask if you want to replace the files within those folders, if you do it in the lfs root folder, or ask nothing and directly create the folders if you do it like i did.

I don´t understand nothing of programming so don't ask anything about or smack because i didn't imediatly see that its impossible to achieve what i sugest here

Thanks and regards

LFS Setups / Colours X10-X30 Fix
(99 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG