The online racing simulator
Quote from Rish :Anyone hear anything about the protests today?

Yes, two refineries in this area were protested so it was on the local news website (and I'm sure in today's paper if I could be bothered to pick up a copy).
Quote from Becky Rose :Aye, i'm nailing £60 a tank meself, and I dont give a damned.

Sorry to be a wordsworth here but how can you nail a tank of petrol?
Its totally out of context. You could nail a piece of wood to something. Maybe you could hammer a nail into you petrol tank ? ?
Quote from pb32000 :

Also I always have a chuckle at people who put £5/£10/£20 of petrol in their car - what's the point?! You're only going to have to fill it up sooner than if you filled it up to the brim, so why don't you? Fill up with the amount you need....

Simple - The less you put in the less you loose when some bastard syphen's your tank.
How else do you get the liquid out without punching a hole in the tank with a nail...

Pfff, some people. No sense
Quote from anttt69 :Simple - The less you put in the less you loose when some bastard syphen's your tank.

That is an extremely rare practise these days, more so with the fact most cars have locking fuel caps.
Fuel cap?, so the rag hanging out of my fuel tank isn't a good idea?
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :That is an extremely rare practise these days, more so with the fact most cars have locking fuel caps.

Not so rare when you consider the amount of pikeys circulating our area & the fact that my car is old & I sometimes struggle with the fuel cap lock.
Quote from danowat :Fuel cap?, so the rag hanging out of my fuel tank isn't a good idea?

If I ever saw someone do that I'd have to fight the urge to light it.

Quote from anttt69 :Not so rare when you consider the amount of pikeys circulating our area & the fact that my car is old & I sometimes struggle with the fuel cap lock.

And I thought my area was bad. But seriously, I had a fill cap lock on a car as old as I am. A touch of WD40 every now and then and it was all good.
what did you drive i have a '92 polo.
My car has a locking fuel cap...so in your face!
gas is and has been hovering at $1.00 canadian for a while now. I'd protest if it went over $2.
Well, isn't $2 about £1 which is about what its at now.

Its because of you damn smokers
'94 BMW 316iSE
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :'86 Ford Granada Ghia.

2.8i? If so, I'm kinda jealous. Ever since my Grandad passed away and I've been old enough to actually appreciate cars, I've wanted one just like his. Dark blue, 2.8i Ghia.
Quote from beefyman666 :2.8i? If so, I'm kinda jealous. Ever since my Grandad passed away and I've been old enough to actually appreciate cars, I've wanted one just like his. Dark blue, 2.8i Ghia.

If only, was a 2.0. Well 2.2 (was only supposed to go up to 2.1) after a cylinder blew and the motor rebuilt, as there were no motors on the market for the car at that time.
Quote from anttt69 :Sorry to be a wordsworth here but how can you nail a tank of petrol?
Its totally out of context. You could nail a piece of wood to something. Maybe you could hammer a nail into you petrol tank ? ?

WTF? "I am nailing £60"... doesnt say i'm nailing a tank of petrol, not that it matters what i'm nailing as thats an expression anyway.

Quote :
Of course it's those Saudi's fault that the UK govt has the cheek to tax the tax on fuel, too.

I just think that the amount of tax we get charged is pretty much the same anyway, it's just a question of what we get taxed on. The only reason anyone complains about tax is to lower their own tax burden so as to push the taxes onto somebody else, it's absolute greed.

Some governments do charge more tax than others and some governments are more frivolous with the money raised from taxes, but protesting outside a refinery doesnt change that, according to the system its our vote that changes that - although depending who's propaganda you listen to we may need guns to actually bring about a change of the labour regime.

If you really want to change petrol prices long term it isnt the 70% tax you need to look at, the government spends the money it raises in taxes and removing that will just meen more tax elsewhere. If you really want to bring petrol down in price, then we need a mainstreem alternative to petrol so that there is competition.

For as long as the oil companies have no competition petrol will be priced so that a very small number of people accrue massive amounts of personal wealth to attain unimaginable riches well beyond the conception of you and I. Just look at the Sultan of Brunei for instance.
Quote from anttt69 :Not so rare when you consider the amount of pikeys circulating our area & the fact that my car is old & I sometimes struggle with the fuel cap lock.

Hah, it took me about an hour to get the looking cap off when I brought my last car without getting fragments in the tank (no key for it, strangely). Wish I could have enlisted a pikeys help.
LMAO.

Well, you do live in Devon, they are about

Mine locks with the central locking.
Quote from tristancliffe :How else do you get the liquid out without punching a hole in the tank with a nail...

Pfff, some people. No sense

You stick a long tube in the fill hole, and suck on the tube until the fuel hits your mouth. You then let it empty into a tank of your own.
Petrol tastes like shite.

Like everyone is saying, they rather have locking fuel caps or there is CCTV everywhere.
Hmm, this seemed like bull. Me and my dad went down to the local bp garage to get some fuel for his car and my quad, yet there was no short of fuel, and no hippys outside tied up in daisy's shouting "OMG YOU RIPPED US OFF!!!....want pot?" etc. So, hoax?
Unless you went to the fuel depot to fill up, you wouldn't of seen sheet.
Ah the art of effective protest! Out of sight and out of mind - i'd like to thank the protesters for completely failing to disrupt my day

There was an annoying one in my town the other day, a bunch of animal rights protesters marching around the ring road and holding up traffic because there's a test lab about 4 miles outside of town.

I'm sure it effected the lab really badly.
Well, I slept until 4pm on Saturday and missed all the fun.

Must've been some panic buying up here though, a few of the old fogeys at work were whinging this morning that they had to buy V-Power as there was no 95RON left at a few garages.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG