The online racing simulator
Petrol price protests planned for this Wednesday
From the site.

----
BREAKING NEWS
----

UPDATE: This morning (10/12/07) Transaction 2007 announced a firm date for the protest. Protests will start Saturday 15th December 2007 at 10:00am. They say the date was decided by members as "the best possible to enable those who would normally be working during the week to attend." According to a press release on the site, they plan to protest outside refineries or storage depots across the country.
Good! God damn 103pence a litre i'm paying just now, coming froma good 89 a few weeks ago even I struggle keeping the damn puddle jumper going!
The way fuel prices keep going up I'll never save up enough money to be able to buy and run a car.
#5 - Bean0
The soon as this hits major news chaos will ensue.
The British Sheople will all rush out and start emptying the shelves and filling up with fuel.

Pretty clever getting major disruption caused by just some text on a website really.
good job i filled up today. £20.01p i was gutted. the first time i havent hit £20 dead on.
Oh goody, just as I get home and can use my car for the first time in 10 weeks.

Also I always have a chuckle at people who put £5/£10/£20 of petrol in their car - what's the point?! You're only going to have to fill it up sooner than if you filled it up to the brim, so why don't you? Fill up with the amount you need, not according to the amount of money in your pocket. Furthermore if you have to go out of your way to get to a petrol station then surely you use more petrol traveling to and from filling up. Never understood it myself.
I was reading this thread title to my roommate, and it took me 10 tries to get it out without completely slaughtering the first three words, lol. That's a good tongue twister.
#9 - CSU1
€1.19 for both here. petrol/diesel teh same price?:worried:

edit: @pb, coz it saves money over the distnance(not much, but some) and its healthyer for the engine i believe.
As far as I know, having more fuel in the tank increases pressure slightly, so the extra weight aside, the engine should run a tiny bit better for half a tank against a fiver in there.
#11 - mr_x
Quote from pb32000 :
Also I always have a chuckle at people who put £5/£10/£20 of petrol in their car - what's the point?! You're only going to have to fill it up sooner than if you filled it up to the brim, so why don't you?

i only fill up with £10 at a time because that's all I can afford. I get paid on a weekly basis and I'm on minimum wage, and £10 of petrol a week does me nicely. Does it not cross your mind that's maybe all people can afford at any 1 time?
Aren't they wasting gasoline by driving to the protest? Maybe they should go there on horse-drawn carriages. But, horse flatulence might contribute to global warming.
Quote from mr_x :i only fill up with £10 at a time because that's all I can afford. I get paid on a weekly basis and I'm on minimum wage, and £10 of petrol a week does me nicely. Does it not cross your mind that's maybe all people can afford at any 1 time?

Indeed, so what's the difference between that, and saving the £10 a week until you need to fill up, then filling up fully with the saved money. = less trips to the station.

This is not aimed at you specifically mr x, but it seems a lot of people here are very quick to accuse others of, for want of a better word, abusing their wealth etc (many threads worth of harjun bashing springs to mind).
Quote from Captain Slow :good job i filled up today. £20.01p i was gutted. the first time i havent hit £20 dead on.

£20? you lucky S.O.B., it takes nearly £60 to fill my car
Aye, i'm nailing £60 a tank meself, and I dont give a damned.

We're so busy blaming the government we're forgetting that the real profiteers are the oil barons who continue to get richer and richer, and they dont care about a day or two lost revenue because they know we need the fuel and will get back on it, can you imagine them in their Saudi palace...

"The British are protesting about the price of fuel, shake?"
"WHAT they are sending the Americans over !? OMG!"
"No no, they just parked some cars outside the refineries, we'll have to ship out the petrol tomorrow instead."
"Oh that's ok, but the bill is still payable if we deliver late?"
"Yes yes, as long as Britain wants to be a world player they will still pay for petrol"
"Good, and the American guns are still pointing at our neighbours?"
"Yes yes, all is good"
"So this protest does what, exactly?"
"Oh it just means that Britain continues to pay us but they pay for the health service by putting more tax on smokers instead."
"Oh, well thats ok, the tobacco firms are British"
Quote from Becky Rose :Aye, i'm nailing £60 a tank meself, and I dont give a damned.

We're so busy blaming the government we're forgetting that the real profiteers are the oil barons who continue to get richer and richer, and they dont care about a day or two lost revenue because they know we need the fuel and will get back on it, can you imagine them in their Saudi palace...

"The British are protesting about the price of fuel, shake?"
"WHAT they are sending the Americans over !? OMG!"
"No no, they just parked some cars outside the refineries, we'll have to ship out the petrol tomorrow instead."
"Oh that's ok, but the bill is still payable if we deliver late?"
"Yes yes, as long as Britain wants to be a world player they will still pay for petrol"
"Good, and the American guns are still pointing at our neighbours?"
"Yes yes, all is good"
"So this protest does what, exactly?"
"Oh it just means that Britain continues to pay us but they pay for the health service by putting more tax on smokers instead."
"Oh, well thats ok, the tobacco firms are British"

Rose-Gold !!!

This is why we miss you so much when you aren't about the place.
I'm annoyed. Filled up last week with Tesco fuel (boring unleaded). This week, with 40km (import) fewer...err... miles on the counter I've had to refill (this time with V-Power again!). It's really annoyed when you try to save a few pence, then get worse MPG, and actually increase my cost/mile. Hopefully the last time I use crappy supermarket fuel for a while...

V-Power = more expensive per litre, but cheaper per mile (and not just for me either )
#18 - Jakg
Quote from pb32000 :Also I always have a chuckle at people who put £5/£10/£20 of petrol in their car - what's the point?!

I can't actually fill my bike to the brim, as the only way to tell if it's "full" is when the petrol starts leaking out of the bottom. I know i can get about 6L of fuel in there with 1-2 bars left on the indicator, so it's easier for me just to put £6 in as it saves me fumbling with change.
Quote from tristancliffe :V-Power = more expensive per litre, but cheaper per mile (and not just for me either )

Quite right, I found the same over a period of about 18months when I was accurately working out MPG etc. I also find that BP Ultimate was terrible though, worse than supermarket 95RON
#20 - mr_x
Quote from pb32000 :Indeed, so what's the difference between that, and saving the £10 a week until you need to fill up, then filling up fully with the saved money. = less trips to the station.

I'm the kind of person who really struggles to save money so best to put it in while I have it.

Reading the comments about vpower... I may have to try some of that. I usually use Morrisons unleaded (95RON i think) because it's the cheapest in the area. (101.9p per litre)

There's a Total petrol station within 200yds of my house which has their expensive 'super unleaded' petrol...anybody got any idea what's that like?

oh, and in reply to a few other posts: from empty it costs about £47 to fill my car
My car was £52 for a full tank of V-power a couple of months back, not sure how much now, not a shell station for miles. And the local Texaco is 103.9p/L for crappy stuff.
Quote from Becky Rose :We're so busy blaming the government we're forgetting that the real profiteers are the oil barons who continue to get richer and richer... ...can you imagine them in their Saudi palace...

Yeah, the government doesn't have anything to do with the almost 70% tax they levy on fuel, it's them damn A-rabs!

Of course it's those Saudi's fault that the UK govt has the cheek to tax the tax on fuel, too.
Costs me $1.699 (NZD) a litre. Google says 1.69900 New Zealand dollars = 0.647329329 British pounds so am i getting it cheaper than you brits?
Quote from sil3ntwar :Costs me $1.699 (NZD) a litre. Google says 1.69900 New Zealand dollars = 0.647329329 British pounds so am i getting it cheaper than you brits?

Yeah, because we have Duty and VAT on fuel, which is why it costs so much here. From memory it is 65p Duty, and then 17.5% VAT.
#25 - Rish
Anyone hear anything about the protests today?

Petrol price protests planned for this Wednesday
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG