The online racing simulator
Get inspired
(82 posts, started )
That harmonica suits it well indeed - keep it up guys - the way this is going it'll end up being a LFS anthem.
Can't listen at work, but I'm glad to see the tune is evolving.

So is this version just a patch until the remade S2 version ?
#53 - Gunn
Quote from Bean0 :Can't listen at work, but I'm glad to see the tune is evolving.

So is this version just a patch until the remade S2 version ?

It's just a sample I sent Astro to pique his interest. A quick improvisation.
The real version is due on a Friday, apparently.
This is amazing. I can't remember when was the last time some tune put such a grin on my face.
Very well done
Quote from Gunn :Here is my take (attached), but listening to it now I think it needs a lot of improvement. Still, the idea is there.

We are planning on a longer remake, any blues muso's should step up to the mic and we can do some bluesy justice to this cool little ditty by Astro.

Great harmonica stuff you put on there
Badass.
That was brilliant! Made me laugh out loud as well. You've made my day

"But in your mirrors, you'll see my happy face".
Quote from Gunn :Here is my take (attached), but listening to it now I think it needs a lot of improvement. Still, the idea is there.

We are planning on a longer remake, any blues muso's should step up to the mic and we can do some bluesy justice to this cool little ditty by Astro.

Good stuff mate sounded very good with the original recording - Although I never knew a Harmonica could sound like that, always sounds a lot different when I try and play one
haha, that was incredible. Great work!
Help ! Somebody help me !
What have I got myself into ? After getting in touch with Gunn and recieved some files with his music ( espcially WAHJAM ) I realized I'm a nobody. I'm out of his league and not worthy playing on same track as he.
Someone, have a hearth and take over from me ? PLZ ?
Quote from Astro [ BJRL ] :Help ! Somebody help me !
What have I got myself into ? After getting in touch with Gunn and recieved some files with his music ( espcially WAHJAM ) I realized I'm a nobody. I'm out of his league and not worthy playing on same track as he.

Nope, now you are trapped
#62 - Gunn
Quote from Astro [ BJRL ] :Help ! Somebody help me !

Pffft, you are easily in my league. Slap yourself with a fish. You'll feel better.
Quote from Gunn :It's just a sample I sent Astro to pique his interest. A quick improvisation.

Getting better and better.
Quote :The real version is due on a Friday, apparently.

Hmm. That reminds me of another great song...

Yeahhh man !
How blue can this get ?
Awesome "mouthharmonica"

Where is the bass, and the drums. I cant hope for the B3 or the b4. But one is allowed to dream
Quote from zeugnimod :I expected this behind the link.

U can`t mean this seriously. Connecting Johns song with a brittish GAY band ???

HINT : Take this not to seriously. But connecting Cure with "the blues" ??? U R a mad man/boy/very gay person

EDIT :
A real man delivers - He does not receive (anything, anywhere) I hope I make myself CLEAR !!
Not with blues, just with the word "Friday".

But tbh, I don't like blues that much. Except for this song, OF COURSE.
It's a 12 bar piece, but apart from that, I don't really consider this a 'BLUES' - well, after the harp was added, it got more like a blues. If it's a blues, it's a happy 'white' blues, but that's not even a 'legal' term, I suspect.
The plan is to add Drums and Bass ( maybe piano ). Besides Gunn, another guy has entered the scene.
Andrew G ( LFS Reg. Name and real name ) from Alias Racing Team has joined in, and he delivered a test-run that was very promising. It all kind of depends on me, I'm afraid, and I'm not at all comfortable with the way things turned out.
It made me very nervous.
Read my intro-post and tittle of Thread. It says I hoped this humble / simple piece of music, would inspire someone to get together and do a proper LFS song.
I did not take offence ( LOL ) in the links above, I realized right away it was the FRIDAY part, that this concerned. And I must say :
There is NO DEADLINE. I'm very carefull and evry pick and note from my side, is carefully planned. It took about 27 Takes, to make the first version with me alone.
Regards From Denmark
Alias Racing Team John Holme
Getting better and better, cant wait for another version..

awesome stuff
#71 - neRu
John - det er superfedt det du har gang i, jeg sad her for mig selv og smilte fra øre til øre Håber der kommer mere!

Gunn - great stuff, really fits John's work perfectly, and gives it that true blues touch!
Great idea! Was great to ear lfs on a song.

I don't know if someone has tought of this, but wouldn't be great to have a LFS dedicad song contest??

Btw, can people use this song on their LFS videos?
haha made me laugh... thats great, good job!!

Oh and a dedicated song contest?? eurovison is bad enough lmao
Have you got the original sound files, then I could have a go at putting more instruments in
I got inspired

Here's Damien Rice - 9 crimes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHW3BTF5pWY

Here's Jarulf - 9 flags:
http://www.normark.org/9flags.mp3

Lyrics:
Leave me alone
with my drift
This is not
what I do

It's the wrong
kind of track
To be twinning
with you

It's the wrong time
for somebody new

My clutch's gonna die
and it's all because of you

Now is that allright, yeah?
Leave my car alone when i'm drifting

Is that allright, yeah?
I can't concentrate on my shifting

Leave my car alone when i'm drifting

Is that allright? Is that allright with you, no?

Leave me alone
with my draft
This is not
what I do

It's the wrong
kind of track
To be slipstreaming you

It's the wrong time
to overtake you

It's a small crime
and i've got no excuse