The online racing simulator
Get inspired
(82 posts, started )
Get inspired
While listening to John Lee Hooker doing 'My Father Was A Jockey', I suddenly had a brain-storm. By changing some words and adding a verse or two of my own, I ended up with this simple kind of 'Live For Speed' Blues song.
I know for a fact that some of you will think: phfff, this is some simple stuff - and that's what is is. Nothing fancy going on.
My main hope is that this will inspire some to do better and produce a Live For Speed Song ? This one is NOT a contender to that, but my humble way of giving Scawen and Co. the 'thumbs up'.
Tha plan was to have some friend from LFS adding Bas and anotherone doing a solo guitar, but both failed me ( or got scared ?), so I was forced to lay down another simple guitar track to prevent it from beeing too simple.
The sigh you hear in the very start, is due to it's TAKE 19:
"My Father Was A Racer"
A Major
Song and guitar: Alias Racing Team John Holme

http://www.alias-racing.dk/music/MyFatherWasARacer.mp3

#2 - Gil07
Haha great stuff John
2 min. for a response - that's something. WOW

#4 - PZL
Super idea John

Do more, do more!!!!!

great mate
Hehehe

Love the song, good work

/me waits for Kev/Al to do bass part of the song
Hehe nice song

Should do a duet with Scawen
-
(PaulH) DELETED by PaulH
Hope I remember this when I get home. Someone bump it after 3 pm (my time, of course, hehe)
Quality
Kanon John...
Great stuff, made me grin.
lol! nice
super stuff, someone use this in video
Fun! Thanks, John!
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Sweet...
That was awesome...the world needs more race related blues tracks...PM me and I'll lay down some bass for you.
Awesome

Could you do one about Silent Eric, or Oval racers?
Brilliant!
That was awesome man!

I hope this won't be a one off - Get some other drivers and make another track!
gee - thanks, guys ( sweeping away a tear of joy )

My idea was to inspire someone to do a much better piece.
I'm 60 years old, mind you, and I lack knowlegde about recording, which is obvious when listening to the noise and unwanted sounds.
It's also clear to hear I had to record over last line in chorus, due to I pronouncing Scawen all wrong and found out from video how to do it right. I did like in raven ( Scaven ).
Anyone who cares to - could or should 'get together' and produce the number in quality - or even better, do another number which is better fitted for LFS ?

Haha, man great song!

"I tried so hard, never won a race,
I tried so hard, never won a race,
but if you check you mirrors you will see a happy face

Drive, Drive, Drive!"

man it's brilliant!!!!

May add this to my LFS menu music!
If I hook up my keyboard tomorrow, I can lay down some backing keys for you
#24 - bozo
Fantastic song! Well done, that put a huge smile on my face. Let's hope this is the start of something big!
John...what a brilliant idea mate, i think we have a LFS band starting here

Get inspired
(82 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG