The online racing simulator
Vista Sucks
(26 posts, started )
Vista Sucks
I'd like to see it but my OS X keeps beachballing and dropping out of my wireless network.
:ices_rofl all in 3-D

Great vid
Hahaha, that was excellent.
10/10

Genius

DK
Very Funny

But Luckily I havent had any blue screens or red screens

I've had a black screen when u shut it down at the button.

And the warning notices asking for the administrators permission are very annoying, they still come up even when ur logged in as admin!
lol nice one! I like the DCS
Great vid
LMAO - that was well done.
Sadly all too true

good vid though
Thats ****ing hilarious ahha rofl

EDIT: not a single crash or BSOD since my install of vista
Funny video, but the only crashes I have experienced in Vista I experienced is when the CPU says OHSHI when I try to overclock over 3GHz. I do up the voltage, but it just seems to crash at 3005 MHz.
Also, to get rid of those annoying "Allow or Block" prompts, go to Control Panel>User Accounts and Family Safety>User Accounts, and click "Turn User Account Control On or Off"
After you disable it, restart your computer. No more prompts every 3 seconds!
Windows CE ME NT
If you know what you are doing, Vista can actually be much better to use than XP, I have migrated both my work laptop and my games machines to Vista, and the only crash I've had so far is due to bootpicker (A Mac thing!). Vista is better than XP, people just don't know how to use it!
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
Nice video

But my vista is 6 months old now and it has never turned into any blue screens or got frozen... imo it runs better than any other windows versions.
The only problem i fed up is that i have to type down the file extensions after i render an image othervise it won't save.
anyways, quite happy with vista.
#17 - zxt
Vista I guess is for those with high end machines. Our new Acer laptop with 2ghz of dual core and 1gb of ram and 160gb hd crawls. My Sempron 1.8ghz with 512 ram is faster.
#18 - Jakg
Quote from JO53PHS :And the warning notices asking for the administrators permission are very annoying, they still come up even when ur logged in as admin!

Then disable UAC?

Frankly if you can't be bothered to Google the solution to a problem you probably need it to keep asking your permission to open the program you just double-clicked on just in case.
Quote from h3adbang3r :Funny video, but the only crashes I have experienced in Vista I experienced is when the CPU says OHSHI when I try to overclock over 3GHz. I do up the voltage, but it just seems to crash at 3005 MHz.

Not Vista's fault your OS crashes when your CPU is overclocked and it's unstable - Voltage isn't the only thing that affects stability of an overclock, you could be pushing the memory of the motherboard too much, or that could just be the CPU's limit.

For my desktop PC Vista is growing on me, would love to see what a vLited copy of Vista would be like compared to an nLited XP. Vista isn't that much slower, although you really need 2 GB of RAM and a Dual Core to use it properly.

For my laptop Vista freaking rocks, however.
Vista's OK I guess. No worse than XP - more stable definately. Then again I very rarely use Windows at all these days.
Quote from pb32000 :No worse than XP - more stable definately.

i dont really see how it could be more stable than an os which in god knows how many years of usage only crashed a handful of times on me with all of those being thanks to the graphics drivers
Quote from Jakg :Not Vista's fault your OS crashes when your CPU is overclocked

Of course it is, he didn't pay extra for the high spec edition which supports CPUs over 3GHz.

My only first hand experince of Vista was watching it blue screen on bootup after installing the graphics drivers with my second graphics card. No 3 screen support = no thanks. Although I know that's likely a problem with the drivers I had at the time, not Vista itself. I'll give it another go after SP1 is out.

I didn't like the fact it is massively bloaty, worse than XP, I mean I found I could delete well over half of it without problems (all just backup files). I'll definitely go with vLite too.
"From Microsoft, the company that taught the world to turn their computers off by hitting a button marked 'START'..."

Very good
Quote from Jakg :Then disable UAC?

Frankly if you can't be bothered to Google the solution to a problem you probably need it to keep asking your permission to open the program you just double-clicked on just in case.
Not Vista's fault your OS crashes when your CPU is overclocked and it's unstable - Voltage isn't the only thing that affects stability of an overclock, you could be pushing the memory of the motherboard too much, or that could just be the CPU's limit.

For my desktop PC Vista is growing on me, would love to see what a vLited copy of Vista would be like compared to an nLited XP. Vista isn't that much slower, although you really need 2 GB of RAM and a Dual Core to use it properly.

For my laptop Vista freaking rocks, however.

I wasn't intending to put the blame on the OS, I meant to say the only crashes were from the CPU crapping out. The only problem I have with Vista atm is it is reporting that there is much more space being used on the HDD then there really is. In reality, there is about 25GB of space being used, while Vista is showing that around 80GB is being used.
Quote from Shotglass :i dont really see how it could be more stable than an os which in god knows how many years of usage only crashed a handful of times on me with all of those being thanks to the graphics drivers

Well it's crashed on me less times than XP, thus in my eyes in more stable. Bearing in mind I use some VERY stable systems everyday, I don't actually consider Vista stable, just moreso than XP.
The first time I used vista, it was in the store. They had just set up the system, I walked over and clicked that round button that used to be labled start, and BOOM, total system failure. I walked away and the guys who had JUST set it up just stood there scratching there heads.

It was funny and sad at the same time.

Vista Sucks
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG