The online racing simulator
#1 - Crady
What I do not want to see in S3...
Ok... every game is supposed to get better and better (and nicer and nicer)...

But I do not want a S3 I cannot play with a normal/low end PC!

I play S2 with 66-67 FPS at 1280*1024 and I am happy with that.

My Hardware is a Athlon 64 3200+ (754 Socket), 1,5GB RAM, 7600GT (256MB).

rFactor for example I can only play when I reduce a lot of Details, resolution and AntiAleasing. MS Flightsim X is not realy playable on my machine (if you want to take advandage of the good graphics)...

Lower FPS causes lower Laptimes! And I do not want to buy new Hardware to play S3 in a good level.
By the time S3 actually comes out, you would have had plenty of time to upgrade
how old is your computer?
Are your drivers up to date? Are you running other stuff on the background? Have you limited the max fps?

Wondering about your fps.
I get about 40-50 fps with my Athlon XP 2500+ 512 MB Geforce 6200.
I have a 7600gt and get >100fps with 4x AA across 3840*1024. So ~70 seems a little low with 1280*1024. It was only a little less when i had the same CPU as you.
Anyway, S3 is ages away, i certainly wont have the same rig when it's finally released.
Oh, cmon!!

What are you complaining about?
I use a PIV 3.2, 1gb ram and 128 mb video, and it is a notebook.

Cmon ppl..

An by 2011 you'll probably have changed pcs a couple times..
tbo it is a good change to see a what i dont want to see in s3 thread and tbo this is actually quite sencible really
Things I don't want to see in S3.

Ricing
Music
Tuning
Stunts (any more than now)
Chase views
Pointless details that might be 'realistic' but add nothing to the enjoyment of the game
Kev
Aston National
Kyoto
im with you on most of that tristan although chase views are useful sometimes and keep the tracks but other than that tuning,an suv and ricing should be out, if you want that get nfsu2
Quote from tristancliffe :Things I don't want to see in S3.

Ricing
Music
Tuning
Chase views
Pointless details that might be 'realistic' but add nothing to the enjoyment of the game
Kev
Aston National
Kyoto

What do you have against chase veiw? You allways seems to moar and whine about it, it`s a matter of taste, why can`t you just ignore it and move along? Wonder what bad things chase veiw have done to you do deserve all this hatred...
i think chase view removal goes into the suggestion below it in tristans list
Kev
Aston National
Kyoto

LOL at the Kev bit. But why dont you want AS+ KY in the game? or have i missed the boat there becasue it was a joke
Aston National was used far too much (especially with GTRs), and everyone must surely be bored of it.

Kyoto because as ovals go, it's rubbish.

Chase View because it's not even remotely realistic. Frame rate issues don't count - either upgrade your PC or lower your graphics settings.
Quote from tristancliffe :Aston National was used far too much (especially with GTRs), and everyone must surely be bored of it.

Kyoto because as ovals go, it's rubbish.

Chase View because it's not even remotely realistic. Frame rate issues don't count - either upgrade your PC or lower your graphics settings.

And again we end up flaming eachothers to the topic will be closed about realism. I canot belive that it`s a problem at all. I really don`t understand the big fuzz about "oh no! Chase veiw is not realistic". Of course it ain`t realistic one bit, but neighter is the game. A game never even comes close to the reality, even tho it might look or feel a little close to the reality it`s damn long from beein realistic. It`s a matter of taste, and if chase veiw is removed I`ll sell my LFS account for sure.

BAH you :gnasher:
like i said youmade the point of not having things that may mak it slightly more realistic but doesnt improve enjotment and this si the same, ok it will improve realism but will lessen enjoyment for some people

Ricing
Tuning
Aston National
Kyoto

Have to agree with you As Nat has been over done lol, and well Kyoto and i dont see eye to eye. And the rest well thats self explanitary.

Wouldnt mind not seeing any noobs in S3 but thats pushing my luck
Unfortunately for you, LFS is realistic. Maybe not in outright terms (cheap, safe, lonely, rather than expensive, dangerous and social), but in terms of controller input (wheel and pedals) making the car behave in a similar way to reality.

That, surely, is the reason we all play it? If you wanted 'better' graphics, or more content you can play something else.

So, LFS is actually quite realistic. I wouldn't play otherwise. So why tarnish that with a chaseview that is NOTHING LIKE reality. I'm okay with some gameplay stuff (extra squeals on slicks to let you know the limit, overlays to allow communication with the pitlane etc etc because it is a computer game and some things needed to be dumbed down to make it work), but something so... central... to a simulation is the viewing point. To attempt to play from anything other than "The Cockpit" is silly. You get to see too much around you (for stupid people who can't use mirrors), and it gives you a couple of extra frames per second. But it DESTROYS the illusion of driving.

Fine, if you use it then great. But it means, surely, that you can NEVER EVER join in a topic about realism in LFS, or how to improve it.
Hopefully with the addition of allowing an adjustable position within force cockpit mode in the next patch, the option will become more popular among public servers.
Do you say that as a speculator, or an insider?
I'm not an insider but that wasn't speculation. IIRC Scawen mentioned that some time back in the moderator forum.
Ahok. That sounds pretty promising. All we need now is more server owners will the balls to disallow chasecam!
I'm not really sure what the benefit of evern more limitation would bring apart from even smaller grids in nearly all pick up races...

I'm using cockpit view atm, but I don't see any need to force everyone else to do the same. All I want is close and fair racing, it doesn't matter what view your opponent is using.
Quote from tristancliffe :Unfortunately for you, LFS is realistic. Maybe not in outright terms (cheap, safe, lonely, rather than expensive, dangerous and social), but in terms of controller input (wheel and pedals) making the car behave in a similar way to reality.

That, surely, is the reason we all play it? If you wanted 'better' graphics, or more content you can play something else.

So, LFS is actually quite realistic. I wouldn't play otherwise. So why tarnish that with a chaseview that is NOTHING LIKE reality. I'm okay with some gameplay stuff (extra squeals on slicks to let you know the limit, overlays to allow communication with the pitlane etc etc because it is a computer game and some things needed to be dumbed down to make it work), but something so... central... to a simulation is the viewing point. To attempt to play from anything other than "The Cockpit" is silly. You get to see too much around you (for stupid people who can't use mirrors), and it gives you a couple of extra frames per second. But it DESTROYS the illusion of driving.

Fine, if you use it then great. But it means, surely, that you can NEVER EVER join in a topic about realism in LFS, or how to improve it.

I`m not going to discuss with you, since you too arrogant to really try understanding other people. You don`t understand the part about taste, the only thing you understand is REALISM. Fine, ok then, we do it your way and we end up with close to none that plays LFS anymore, then, then you have archived what you want.

Quote from 3j_uni :I'm not really sure what the benefit of evern more limitation would bring apart from even smaller grids in nearly all pick up races...

I'm using cockpit view atm, but I don't see any need to force everyone else to do the same. All I want is close and fair racing, it doesn't matter what view your opponent is using.

Totaly agree, it doesn`t matter what veiw you are using, it`s your driving skills that counts.
By the time S3 is ready, a normal/low end PC might be something approaching extreme high-end by todays standards.
Quote from Bob Smith :I'm not an insider but that wasn't speculation. IIRC Scawen mentioned that some time back in the moderator forum.

Theres a mod forum?

Do you get insight into the games development? I dought you'd tell us anyway!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG