The online racing simulator
Help: practice problem
(26 posts, started )
Hi

i don't know how i must practice in new track !

learning apex and ...

should i start with low gear ?

i started it fast befor .

i dont know anything about right practice.

any idea?

thanks for your help.
-------------------------
sorry about my english.
Quote from Hamed Sam :Hi

i don't know how i must practice in new track !

learning apex and ...

should i start with low gear ?

i started it fast befor .

i dont know anything about right practice.

any idea?

thanks for your help.
-------------------------
sorry about my english.

Have a look at this:

http://gentlefoot.com/LFS/improvinglaptimes.html

There's other stuff on the site that will help too.
thank you so much .
And LFS Setups sounds rather official too. Well, any way to get more hits I guess...

Hamed Sam - when I'm learning a new track, I don't worry about speed at all at first. I pick a car I am familiar with (so I'm not learning two new things at once) and then just cruise around. Figure out where I'm going and then start to pick up speed and see how things feel. Then, after I know which direction all the turns go and I'm speeding up, I start to see which gear I will take each turn. If I am getting close to the limit and I'm near the maximum revs in one gear, I will try it in the next gear up next lap. Often being in a higher gear will help keep the car stable even if you do give up a bit of acceleration.

Once you have got to the stage where you know which gear you want to take each turn in, and you are starting to get more smooth, have a look at some replays to get some idea of how to improve your speed. I don't think there's any one way to go about learning a new track, but I generally take it slowly and gradually speed up once I'm more comfortable with the circuit. Of course as you get more experienced this process will take less time, but don't rush it and just get some practice!
Quote from Michael Denham :And LFS Setups sounds rather official too. Well, any way to get more hits I guess...

Hamed Sam - when I'm learning a new track, I don't worry about speed at all at first. I pick a car I am familiar with (so I'm not learning two new things at once) and then just cruise around. Figure out where I'm going and then start to pick up speed and see how things feel. Then, after I know which direction all the turns go and I'm speeding up, I start to see which gear I will take each turn. If I am getting close to the limit and I'm near the maximum revs in one gear, I will try it in the next gear up next lap. Often being in a higher gear will help keep the car stable even if you do give up a bit of acceleration.

Once you have got to the stage where you know which gear you want to take each turn in, and you are starting to get more smooth, have a look at some replays to get some idea of how to improve your speed. I don't think there's any one way to go about learning a new track, but I generally take it slowly and gradually speed up once I'm more comfortable with the circuit. Of course as you get more experienced this process will take less time, but don't rush it and just get some practice!

thank's alot .

this is better for me .
Quote from Michael Denham :And LFS Setups sounds rather official too.

Ok, so what would you like me to call the page where I put my LFS setups?? Let me know and I'll change it for you.

Is there anything else on the site you don't like. Just make a list and ofcourse I will change it all for you.

Is there anything else you would like me to do? Is my domain name OK with you or does it sound 'too official'?
What exactly should they be called, they are setups for LFS ffs! GF was linking to what is quite a helpful guide of his and you guys come in spamming about his signature. Guys, seriously, get a life. Or even better, write your own guides, make your own league and share your own setups for us all 'cause clearly we're missing something!

Edit: And note that it say 'Gentlefoot.com LFS News' and not just 'LFS News' as you so conveniently quoted.
Quote from count.bazley :What exactly should they be called, they are setups for LFS ffs! GF was linking to what is quite a helpful guide of his and you guys come in spamming about his signature. Guys, seriously, get a life. Or even better, write your own guides, make your own league and share your own setups for us all 'cause clearly we're missing something!

Edit: And note that it say 'Gentlefoot.com LFS News' and not just 'LFS News' as you so conveniently quoted.

+ hundreds

I found the GFC site to be very useful in general when I was starting out and even more so when I ventured into the SS racing when CTRA-X came out.

Tis a fine addition to the LFS community
Quote from thisnameistaken :That isn't LFS News.

Very nice selective quoting there.

What he actually says is :

Gentlefoot.com LFS News

Just what is your issue with GF?

I think you need to come out, be open and explain just what it is that makes you feel the need to keep stalking him on the forum.
Quote from nigelpm :Very nice selective quoting there.

What he actually says is :

Gentlefoot.com LFS News

Just what is your issue with GF?

I think you need to come out, be open and explain just what it is that makes you feel the need to keep stalking him on the forum.

Actually Nige I have changed the sig since this post to try and keep these people happy.
Quote from Gentlefoot :Actually Nige I have changed the sig since this post to try and keep these people happy.

Ah, fair enough.
Continuing the off-topic, you'd probably stop all the moaning if you didn't bother with a name at all. It doesn't need one.

For example:

Get Gentlefoot's best setups here

Or even shorter:

Get Gentlefoot's best setups

:twocents:
News, Setups, Leagues, Track Guides and more at Gentlefoot.com

you really shouldn't need to link to every single part of your site in the sig. if its that hard to find something on your site then maybe it needs to be re-designed (which it isn't, there are headings for everything right on the top of the page).
Quote from UncleBenny :News, Setups, Leagues, Track Guides and more at Gentlefoot.com

you really shouldn't need to link to every single part of your site in the sig. if its that hard to find something on your site then maybe it needs to be re-designed (which it isn't, there are headings for everything right on the top of the page).

You are clearly missing the point here.

By adding these in the signature noobies and other readers alike can find information and help on LFS. It's hugely relevant and actually adds something to the community.

I'll ask again - What do these continuous stalking type posts add?
Quote from nigelpm :You are clearly missing the point here.

By adding these in the signature noobies and other readers alike can find information and help on LFS. It's hugely relevant and actually adds something to the community.

I'll ask again - What do these continuous stalking type posts add?

how is this continuous? i made 2 posts in one thread.

no one ever said anything about it being irrelevant. its the fact that these same noobies could get confused and think his site is actually LFS news, when in fact there is an real lfsnews.net site that has more news than just stuff on gentlefoot leagues. people can find plenty of information on his site without it being labeled like its the only place you can find LFS news and setups, which by the way, it isn't.

also to answer your question, they add nothing.
Firstly, I can put whatever links in my sig I like and there is nothing any of you can do about it.

Secondly, the different parts of the sig links to different pages so the different labels are required.

Thirdly, search engine bots read the labels of the links so it is important that they are labelled correctly for optimisation reasons.
Quote from UncleBenny :how is this continuous? i made 2 posts in one thread.

no one ever said anything about it being irrelevant. its the fact that these same noobies could get confused and think his site is actually LFS news,

Oh come on, I seriously doubt it The links at the top of this forum page take care of that, never mind the actual website address!

Quote from Unclebenny :people can find plenty of information on his site without it being labeled like its the only place you can find LFS news and setups, which by the way, it isn't.

You sound bitter and not a little jealous What exactly is your problem?
Quote from HVS5b :Oh come on, I seriously doubt it The links at the top of this forum page take care of that, never mind the actual website address!

have you noticed how many people in the improvements section don't read the top sticky about what has already been suggested? i don't trust people to read anything at the top of forums. i didn't even know there was a link to LFS news up there until you just mentioned it.

Quote from HVS5b :You sound bitter and not a little jealous What exactly is your problem?

i'm actually not bitter or jealous at all. i think what gentlefoot does is a great thing for the community, but if someone asks my opinion on something on a public forum i'm obviously going to give it.
Come on. This is Hamed Sam's topic. Keep focus please. If you want to bash Gentlefood you should start your own topic (actualy, you should not bash him at all because i see no harm in what he does, but thats offtopic )
Last Bit of OT Spam - Honest!
Quote from UncleBenny :but if someone asks my opinion on something on a public forum i'm obviously going to give it.

Sorry, I must have missed that bit.......there were two questions:

1. the OP
2. I'll ask again - What do these continuous stalking type posts add? by nigepm at 14.11 today

Neither answered, just plain auld whinging.
Quote from HVS5b :Sorry, I must have missed that bit.......there were two questions:

1. the OP
2. I'll ask again - What do these continuous stalking type posts add? by nigepm at 14.11 today

Neither answered, just plain auld whinging.

i answered the second one two posts ago? they add nothing.
Quote from marzman :Come on. This is Hamed Sam's topic. Keep focus please.

A very good point. I simply posted a link to an article I wrote about improving lap times and this is what this thread descends to.

In fact, pretty much every post I make these days has the exact same effect regardless of how relevant it is to the OPs topic.

I come on here to offer help to new guys - thats all.

Here are some recent examples:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=32311&page=2
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=33350
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=33100
just keep burning laps and it will come with ease... eventually.

(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG