The online racing simulator
problem setting up a server
(15 posts, started )
Hi!

I tried to make a server for LFS S2, but it is not listed on master server. Also another racers can not join the game via IP adress...

In the router config, I opened port 29339 TCP and UDP, and 63392 also TCP and UDP...

Then I set up a new internet multiplayer game, and drove on the server alone for 15 minutes. Then a friend of mine searched for the server, but cannot find it. and then he tried the ip adress, but there it always says "the server is no longer online" or "connection refused"...

?
Quote from Meister :Hi!

I tried to make a server for LFS S2, but it is not listed on master server. Also another racers can not join the game via IP adress...

In the router config, I opened port 29339 TCP and UDP, and 63392 also TCP and UDP...

Then I set up a new internet multiplayer game, and drove on the server alone for 15 minutes. Then a friend of mine searched for the server, but cannot find it. and then he tried the ip adress, but there it always says "the server is no longer online" or "connection refused"...

?

i get the same problem save us....NOW
Is there an 'LFS server setup for Idiots'? I'd like a copy of it too.
lol so would i
Setting up for idiots? =)

I´ve read all the help things there are, FAQ and so on.

They just say to free ports 29339 and 63392 TCP and UDP...
And the field IP adress, there has to be the right IP adress when there is more than one ethernet adapter. I have only one ethernet adapter and so I left the field blank (automatic config). But I also tried to fill in my correct IP adress, same sh*t ..

=/
Today I set up a dedicated server, default ports, everything fine, and left it open for 6 hours. No one connected.

Then a friend tried to find the server in the server list, but it´s not there.
Then he tried to join the game by name, but there is the message: Client Connect: Connection failed. Or the server is no longer online.
hi,
its not enough to simply open up the ports on your router, you have to forward those ports to the LAN IP address of the machine wich hosts the server.
This is also done in your router setup. Look for portforwarding, it might be called different though.
Hope this helps.
I opened and forwarded the ports to my LAN-Ip. It´s the same like open and forward ports for emule, and emule works fine here. I also hosted servers for other games in the internet and forwarded specific ports, there were no problems...
I take it you are on win XP ?
What about the win XP firewall? do you have it on and is it properly configured to accept those ports?
just before looking at the dummy file:

I run Win XP SP2 and the windows Firewall is deactivated completely...

now lets see the wiki thing =)
ok, I looked a bit around on the wiki page, and I can say, that I already know what to do in my router setup.

I play alot games on the internet, and also set up servers for the games. Even Teamspeak servers a.s.o...

Some of the applications also need TCP and UDP ports to be mapped correctly, thats no problem with my router (i use an old PC with Linux on diskette, Fli4L, very easy stuff, and very nice, without hard disk, so there is hardly no sound from the router)

Checklist:

Downloaded LFS, tried to set up a server, not possible to connect.

Deleted LFS, downloaded again and installed, tried to set up a server, not possible to connect.

Downloaded dedicated server LFS, set up a game, not possible to set up a server.

Ports 63392 and 29339 are opened and mapped to my IP, TCP and UDP.

I left the settings all default, and opened my server for about 2-3 hours, no chance to get on it, or see it on the server list.

Even no chance to connect to the game via IP.

Playing on the Internet is no problem...
now it works.

I just changed the port ingame from 63392 to another mapped port on my router and started a internet game.

It works...

If it now works with default port (by changing back) I don´t know, but I will test it tomorrow. Won´t close down the server now when there are 7 people on it
0.5P and 0.5P2
Hi there,

I had similar problems yesterday.
When I opened a demo server with S2 0.5P2, it did not appear in the directory listing. When opening a licensed server with S2 0.5P is immediately appeared in the list.

Because of having swabian friends who are mean on money , I needed the demo server for my event. So I switched back to S2 0.5P and "bingo" the
demo server appeared in the list.

cultur
another thing is now:

I left the server open the whole night, and ppl played on it the whole time, everything fine.
I added a bot, so that the server never was empty.

Now, the server is still running fine, but the sound disappeared..?!

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG