The online racing simulator
Is it legal for a 9 year old to play this game?
I have a 9 year old autistic son who takes things like this sim very seriously. I am considering purchasing a license for him. I won't go into detailed reasons, but it's helpful to him.
Obviously he's not going to race very well, but the hand/eye coordination he gets from driving my license on the LTC servers is very good.

I'm just wondering if/when I purchase a second LTC license (He has his own PC) if they will allow it when I put his age in.

Jeff
There is no age limit on this game.
why not let him play on your account. I bet he cant be any worse then me
Quote from drone wolf :why not let him play on your account. I bet he cant be any worse then me

::::NO OFFENCE TO HIS SON::::

Son gets on his account>goes onto a professional race server (CTRA, CD etc.)> Cant drive very well due to inexperience> Hits drivers accidently>Drivers are unhappy due to ther ruined race and car> drivers file a report> dads user account gets banned> dads not a very happy chappy.
Because we both may drive at the same time and I would like him to have his own account. He may grow into this over the next few years. Who knows.

Besides, isn't it against the policy to have two computers from the same house playing LFS with one S2 license?

Jeff
Quote from jscharpf :Besides, isn't it against the policy to have two computers from the same house playing LFS with one S2 license?

Jeff

Nope, not if you use them for a link up. (LAN)
No, if its within your household its not against it...its sharing with others thats not in your household or your family.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :::::NO OFFENCE TO HIS SON::::

Son gets on his account>goes onto a professional race server (CTRA, CD etc.)> Cant drive very well due to inexperience> Hits drivers accidently>Drivers are unhappy due to ther ruined race and car> drivers file a report> dads user account gets banned> dads not a very happy chappy.

Yes that too!! After all he's a boy. He generally is very respectful of rules unlike most kids but he is NOT a good driver lol.. well he's ok on the cruise servers. Maybe in the future he can take his own risks on the race tracks lol..
Quote from scoobyrbac :No, if its within your household its not against it...its sharing with others thats not in your household or your family.

ok so are you saying he can just play legally using my account and a different username? Won't the system flag two users having the same S2 license? There will be times when he and I are on the same server.
Just let him get used to all tracks, when the braking points are, the speed, how to turn in the right spot..then he would prolly be good to race.
Quote from jscharpf :ok so are you saying he can just play legally using my account and a different username? Won't the system flag two users having the same S2 license? There will be times when he and I are on the same server.

Ohh, no 2 people connot be online at the same time with one account...unless its on LAN
I say go ahead and buy your nipper a fresh copy of S2 and not worry what others have to say (myself included) if you think it will be beneficial to him. There's no age limit to LFS itself but I'm not sure what LTC has to say when dealing with kids, best go and ask Krammeh or another admin over there.

And if the lad takes it serious enough then perhaps he could grow into a decent racer and leave all that silly cruising behind.

You also require two separate licences to both be able to play online together.
LTC has no age limit, except on the joining LTC part, as long as he doesnt crash people constantly, Kram will be happy.
Thanks for the responses.
He now has an S2 license.

His online game name is Denis Ardelean. So if you see him, keep in mind he's nine years old lol.. He will mostly be on the LTC servers but I suppose some day he may want to race.

Jeff
Racing is no problem no matter the age, but there are some precursors to racing at any age. As long as he can control the car in such a manner that he's not a danger just being on the track, and understands the basics of track and racing etiquette he could be 5 yo for all I care. Personally. I hope he has fun whatever he participates in!
not illegal. watch the skin downloads but thats about it.
a 9 year old's skill might be the main issue though.
I have a question about having two accounts at one household.
It's hypothetical, but eventually I'll have two comps with two licenses. My question is this:
I have LFS under two accounts on two comps. Due to how the computers will be used the account holders will be using BOTH computers at one time or another. Now let's say that I'm the only person that plays LFS on either computer for a couple a days then one day both me and whoever will want to play but both computers have me as the last user on LFS And we don't know this and both of us try to log on with the same name and password? As off the wall as that sounds, that will be a very real possibility for me when that happens.
Quote from jscharpf :Yes that too!! After all he's a boy. He generally is very respectful of rules unlike most kids but he is NOT a good driver lol.. well he's ok on the cruise servers. Maybe in the future he can take his own risks on the race tracks lol..

First. there are no age limit for this game
Second. as long as your son respects other races it should be alright

Conclusion: GO FOR IT...hope to see him soon on LFS
Quote from Racer Y :Now let's say that I'm the only person that plays LFS on either computer for a couple a days then one day both me and whoever will want to play but both computers have me as the last user on LFS And we don't know this and both of us try to log on with the same name and password?

You realize that you won't have to switch (lock/unlock) accounts to use two licenses on the same machine, right? Just keep two separate installations of LFS.

The worst thing that could happen is that the second person receives the "user already online"-message and won't be able to connect.
may i ask mate is your son asd(autistic spectrum disorder) cos i have aspergers which is an asd
That won't help them drive together though

It's perfectly legal as long as you accept that him playing online means he'll be exposed to bad language and the like. He can also play on your account (on the same machine) without any problems, but you'd be limited to driving together on LAN.

I remember what my little brother was like on Mario Kart when he was younger (useless, he couldn't steer) but at least that was only against me so I didn't mind him being crap
If your son ends up playing without your supervision on public servers where people take their racing very (too?) seriously he might end up getting kicked or even banned. I imagine this would be unfair for your reputation. If that's likely to happen I'd definitely recommend getting him his own account if you can afford to
Quote from james12s :may i ask mate is your son asd(autistic spectrum disorder) cos i have aspergers which is an asd

Yes he was diagnosed with Autism several years ago and recently it was changed to Aspergers.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG