The online racing simulator
More Car Interactivity
(35 posts, started )
#1 - Ilpav
More Car Interactivity
I would like to see the cars be more interactive. For example you can open the doors, windows, hood/bonnet, trunk/boot and pop the lights up on cars that have pop-up lights (like the XRGT.)

I know this is pretty pointless, but it would add to the realism.
the realism that you can pop your hood open at 200 mph and have it slam up against your windscreen and splice your face open? open the door and (not) feel the breeze of the air? drive around like an old lady who left her trunk open and not be able to see behind you? havin people beep and you not hear? +1 to lights. -5 to everything else.
The xrt doesn't have pop up lights the original car that it was based off has the part of it but they dont actually work, hehe ive seen. I reckon its just show and eye candy and would in prove the sim itself.
Quote from Ilpav :I know this is pretty pointless, but it would add to the realism.

100% correct on both counts
if you cant open the doors when you drive, then its okay, but otherwise, it would be unrealistic, and LFS is a sim.
im going to drink somethin after this hard sentence
Just wonder when people will realize, that there are more important things like opening doors.
Quote from MijnWraak :the realism that you can pop your hood open at 200 mph and have it slam up against your windscreen and splice your face open? open the door and (not) feel the breeze of the air? drive around like an old lady who left her trunk open and not be able to see behind you? havin people beep and you not hear? +1 to lights. -5 to everything else.

whahahah. Man that was funny!
BTW : You have a Dutch name? MijnWraak means "My revenge"

Ontopic, Windows and Light's are +1 the rest isnt really needed.
Opening windows isn't needed either; unless the driver can black-out due to heat stroke.
#9 - dev
Quote from MAGGOT :Opening windows isn't needed either; unless the driver can black-out due to heat stroke.

You can use them for handicaps Open windows create extra drag...
^ good point, but windows are perfectly transparent so it wouldnt be eye candy at all unless your looking from outside.

It would be cool though to be able to turn your headlights on, and have the taillights turn on but not as bright as brake lights, and then we could have a third brake light

Hopefully this will come at the end of S2 when night and/or rain driving is hopefully introduced =)
Would you like to also get out of the car? Maybe steal someone else's car? Or would you like some guns and missions as well? Perhaps some rampages and hidden packages for you to find? Or perhaps have access to other vehicles, such as helicopters, airplanes, or boats?

Let's keep our focus here to make this the best racing simulator we can.

If you don't like this, go play GTA or something.

This "improvement suggestion" sub-forum is getting out of control and should be locked. Everything to be suggested has already been suggested and discussesd over and over and over and over and over. Now people are just abusing it.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Would you like to also get out of the car? Maybe steal someone else's car? Or would you like some guns and missions as well? Perhaps some rampages and hidden packages for you to find? Or perhaps have access to other vehicles, such as helicopters, airplanes, or boats?

This "improvement suggestion" sub-forum is getting out of control and should be locked. Everything to be suggested has already been suggested and discussesd over and over and over and over and over. Now people are just abusing it.

TDU has windows and lights, doors and bonnets. I know its not quite as hardcore sim as LFS but some ideas, especially the lights, would be a nice addition

Btw, size 30 text doesn't make it sound any more convincing.
Quote from AstroBoy :The xrt doesn't have pop up lights the original car that it was based off has the part of it but they dont actually work, hehe ive seen. I reckon its just show and eye candy and would in prove the sim itself.

All the XRs have pop up lights as do all the real life inspirations I can think of (Starion, RX7, 924).
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Would you like to also get out of the car? Maybe steal someone else's car? Or would you like some guns and missions as well? Perhaps some rampages and hidden packages for you to find? Or perhaps have access to other vehicles, such as helicopters, airplanes, or boats?

What about flying cars? like this?
Oh and stealing someone else car is a great idea +1

You cant open your Trunk,Hood,Windows and lights in GTA?

Ontopic : Anyway. These feature's are just for fun. Since lfs is a SIMULATION based on REAL-life (racing). You can open your hood, trunk and doors in reallife racing too. But anyway those arent really needed. Only that popup lights of the xrt is is usefull (dunno why)
lfs don't really need opening doors but maby wen u pit (like a pit stop) if u have engine trouble u can have a pit crew open ur hood and work on ur engine.

just a idea
Quote from dev :You can use them for handicaps Open windows create extra drag...

Which is why no one will open their windows, making the addition of said feature a waste of time.
How about interactive interiors as well. Maybe a mileage reader (or a whole trip computer to see which cars you have been driving the most), a radio (listen to your own music)...

What else can you think of?
An Odometer isn't really necessary; most cars would get complete overhauls after every race anyways, voiding the odometer.

We already can listen to our own music in LFS, too.
No race car I can think of has an odometer for the above reason ^
You might still want them in the road cars, but (IIRC) on LFS World you can see exactly how far you've driven each car anyway.

An in-game music player's another thing I don't see a real need for. I don't see what's so bad about using your normal media player or, goodness forbid, your actual stereo while you drive I'm not sure the time required to encode a player into LFS would be justified by the amount of use it would get. When it comes to the devs' workload, physics/collisions/sound - important car stuff - should come first every time
Quote from dev :You can use them for handicaps Open windows create extra drag...

Or you could open a door when someone is trying to pass by and knock em off the track.

That, or we go with the "Fist Up" mod that I demonstrated.

Has anyone ever tried to open their door on their real car at 60 mph? Now just try to open your door at 160 mph. Go on, I want to see someone be successful with that......
Utterly utterly pointless. I opened this thinking it was asking about a NKP-style clicky cockpit, which would at least have been worth reading.

I can't recall ever seeing anyone open doors or windows mid-race.

Now if it was a case of having doors or hoods which can fly open due to a bump, absolutely. The more parts hanging off the car the better.
Popup lights on the XR? Sure.

But unless it's a race feature, it has no place in a race game.

I bet it's for cruise servers, so they can roll down windows or open doors and show off "teh imaginary bling bling"...
#23 - dev
Quote from mrodgers :Has anyone ever tried to open their door on their real car at 60 mph? Now just try to open your door at 160 mph. Go on, I want to see someone be successful with that......

I tried that while going 80kmh (50mph)... I managed to open them 5cm (2in) max

BTW, I really wouldn't like to know what would happen if suicide doors (reverse mounted doors) were opened at that speed...
Quote from dev :BTW, I really wouldn't like to know what would happen if suicide doors (reverse mounted doors) were opened at that speed...

Why do you think they call them suicide doors?
Quote from mrodgers :Has anyone ever tried to open their door on their real car at 60 mph? Now just try to open your door at 160 mph. Go on, I want to see someone be successful with that......

It can be easy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_doors
[edit]
Sorry for the spuit elf (needle eleven? ) reaction.

More Car Interactivity
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG