The online racing simulator
Kyoto GP Pit entry (specifically for reverse)
Hello everyone,

I was ment to post this about 2 and a half decades ago, better late i guess.

So here is the big thing..

On Kyoto GP Reverse the pit exit comes straight onto the line of racing cars traveling at top speeds, not to mention it comes onto a crest which makes visibility harder.

So my big idea is, and i will use KY GP Reverse for the purpose of explanation, to move the exit of the pits to just after the slow turns in sector one.

This should make for an easy pit entry for the normal direction as well, and provide much less chance of having cars colliding with cars coming out of the pits in reverse direction.

I have no idea what your on about you say?

Thought you might say that, so i have provided a cleverly illustrated diagram to aid in my representation.

The yellow lines represent possible pit exits from the pits around to the left. as far as the normal direction is concerned it will also provide easy access to the pits on an in lap.

As for the reverse it will minimize collisions or possible blue flag situations on anyone exiting the pits. not to mention provide a good little run down to the last turn of the sector.

Any ideas?

Sorry if this has already been suggested, like i said, i was supposed to do it a while ago :P
As you say it could be good to avoid blue flag problems and pit entering problems, because the current pitlane have a hard location at the moment.

Problem here is that if they removed, moved, the pitland it would meant that they had to rework pretty much of the track again. And it wouldn`t be a reverse track anymore, but a new KY track, since it obviously would have big changes compared to the orginal-way track.
no no, they dont need to change the track at all. They just need to add a section of road going from the places i suggest to the current pits. The pit entry is on the far side of the road in the above picture, so its not that much concrete to lay..
I know
But it would also look strange, to have the pitlane and such not on the start/finish straight.

But on the other side - as you mentioned about the current pitlanes negatives, well it`s making it a hard choise whats right to do with it.
Well there are many race tracks which do this, the old spa did it infact depending on how you look at it the new spa does it as well. south city does it, sort of. And there isn't a rule that says the bit entry must be on the pit straight, in fact the only rule i can think of it that it must be connected to the pits .

The reason i post this is because about 2-3 years ago the AAL ran a 3 hour endurance race here (KY GP REV) with the GTRs. and there was many incidents in practice and qually involving people just zooming straight out onto the track.
Quote from sampow01 :Well there are many race tracks which do this, the old spa did it infact depending on how you look at it the new spa does it as well. south city does it, sort of. And there isn't a rule that says the bit entry must be on the pit straight, in fact the only rule i can think of it that it must be connected to the pits .

The reason i post this is because about 2-3 years ago the AAL ran a 3 hour endurance race here (KY GP REV) with the GTRs. and there was many incidents in practice and qually involving people just zooming straight out onto the track.

You got a point, and well, I actually agree.
It`s up to the DEV`s to see if they can do anything with it, but as long as it works ok I don`t think they are going to do anything with it in the nearest future
Quote from The Very End :You got a point, and well, I actually agree.
It`s up to the DEV`s to see if they can do anything with it, but as long as it works ok I don`t think they are going to do anything with it in the nearest future

Thanks for the feedback mate, was good of you . The urgency Isn't important otherwise i would have posted 2 years ago rofl, im not disorganised i swear .

But yeah, thanks for being constructive towards the idea, really helps when someone takes the time to form a good opinion
i dont think iv ever pitted on the track in reverse, but i find the pit entry going normal way is hard to spot in the faster cars so id be all for the change.
I'd be more for a change of the exit in the normal way because you too come directly onto the racing line but here you come in 2nd or 3rd whith all the pther cars at full speed. I'd move the exit almost all the way down to T1 (or actually too T1, simmilar to Blackwood). The way you described the exit would work just before the hairpin (and after the chicane), but entry would be VERY hard then (it's hard to hit the chicane apex if you're going too fast due to some understeer). Maybe just after (or before on non-rev) hairpin? The cars are going wuite slow on the rev version there (accelerating out of the hairpin), no prbolem for pit in then since you'd just go to the inside and brake a bit earlier (so anybody behind you would pass you while braking on the outside).
Never had a problem with the pit exit, even in pickup races. Trying to fix a non existant problem as all that is required is a minimum of awareness by drivers to avoid each other.
Quote from sampow01 :Thanks for the feedback mate, was good of you . The urgency Isn't important otherwise i would have posted 2 years ago rofl, im not disorganised i swear .

But yeah, thanks for being constructive towards the idea, really helps when someone takes the time to form a good opinion

Np at all.
If someone comes with a reasonable suggestion thought that ait about cars and tracks, then he most likely will get good feedbacks from most of the community, or at least the ones that replies on it
#12 - DeKo
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Never had a problem with the pit exit, even in pickup races. Trying to fix a non existant problem as all that is required is a minimum of awareness by drivers to avoid each other.

I have had a few hairy moments on WE, mostly due to me not watching where im going, which is a similar kinda idea. Its not a massive problem though.
The best thing to do would be to move the pit to the other side of the track. Have the entry (in normal config) be at the left hand corner of the final chicane (i.e., you go straight rather than turning left) and the exit be at the exit of the 2nd corner. This would be quite a long pit lane, but a lot of it could be high speed.

Entry could even be after the chicane, I'm just going for least mess.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG