The online racing simulator
Sharing a license.
(14 posts, started )
Sharing a license.
Hiya all,

I was wondering about license sharing.
Sure its not permitted but if it is on your own PC and somebody (family)else is driving under your license. I sometimes let my son drive but I warn the guys online that my son is driving and I even ask it if they mind. If they mind he wont drive off course.

Mine question is : Is this ilegal sharing or not ?
No because it's the same copy. What is illegal is having two copys on two seperate machines (that are not in the same house i.e LAN).
Quote from http://www.lfs.net/?page=agreement :
3. Unlock Rules and Regulations
[...]
3.4 You must not give your username, WEB or GAME password to other LFS users.

That's the only paragraph regarding license sharing, and I'm pretty sure you didn't actually "give" any of these things to your family members. You might be held responsible for their actions on a server, but I wouldn't say letting your friends race on your PC is illegal. Giving a friend your username/password so he can unlock on his PC, that is what this regulation is trying to prevent.
No i didnt give it away or put it on his PC, he`s just driving on mine PC when I am there.
#5 - Davo
That's perfectly fine. Scawen himself has said family members can use the same licence, infact I think you're even allowed to unlock LFS on 2 computers in the same household. Ofcourse only one will be allowed online at a time.
Quote from Davo :That's perfectly fine. Scawen himself has said family members can use the same licence, infact I think you're even allowed to unlock LFS on 2 computers in the same household. Ofcourse only one will be allowed online at a time.

Offcourse we can only drive one at the time. But it isnt to do any online racing just to get him experience in other cars aswell. Also he like different tracks besides the ones that are unlocked in demo.

So your telling me I can unlock LFS on his PC without breaking the rules made by the Devs ???.

Maybe a Dev could clarify it ??
Yes, you can unlock it on his PC, no problem.
Quote from AndroidXP :Yes, you can unlock it on his PC, no problem.

Only thing, you can't go online at the same time.
Then it's fine .
If I recall from right from the stuff I recently read before I bought my license it is even OK to set up a LAN game between the both of you so you guys can racer each other.
i would say it would be complety ok as long as you dont give him the code. and since its in the same house and its ur son i dont think anyone would care at all.
I went the whole 9 yards...and bought my daughter a license of her own...even though we share the same internet connection through the LAN...
At least that way I wont get banned for HER bad driving! (might get slapped for my own though )
if he's a kid or a friend that doesn't come over often I don't see whats wrong with it. if its a freind that comes over everyday to play online by himself without your knowledge then there's the issue
Quote from RedCoupe :If I recall from right from the stuff I recently read before I bought my license it is even OK to set up a LAN game between the both of you so you guys can racer each other.

Yup your right, i just looked it up :

3. Unlock Rules and Regulations3.1You may install S1 or S2 on 2 computers for your own use or to race a friend on a Local Network.3.2You will initially be able to unlock LFS S2 or later versions 3 times. This allows you to unlock on two computers and keep one spare unlock.3.3We recognise that people may buy a new computer or reinstall their operating system from time to time. For this reason, we will automatically give you an extra spare unlock once a week (every friday morning), up to a maximum of having 2 spare unlocks available. The number of unlocks you have left can be found on your status page.
Why the hell tell us or people on here, they just gonna tell a mod like children. If you don't tell anyone, people will try to ban you and trust me some members of lfs are soo up admins ass they try...

Sharing a license.
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG