The online racing simulator
Complaint
(54 posts, started )
Quote from Hoellsen :The website is my personal biggest gripe as well. So many ideas and so little time to put it into effect, but we do have it on our agenda. A news editor (not the technical means, but a person) would be nice to have, too, as in someone to write the news posts, put in some pictures, gathering some background info.

That says all, doesnt it?
Quote from PaulC2K :I was saying that in my opinion it looks as though the points in that image were the correct scoring for this season, as they wish to use them. I only base this on the fact that another team driving a different car to us received the same number of points for their finish as we did for 3rd that time. I know last year they were staggered slightly to overcome the fact that there was a performance difference, but it looks to me as though if that scoring IS this seasons, they've decided the global balancing isnt sufficient and are giving a minor bonus to any FXR teams. Why tiny restrictions to the FZR & XRR werent given instead im not sure, but maybe they didnt want to mess with those cars too much... hard to tell.

I dont know if those points ARE season 3's, but from what last seasons results show, an XRR got the same points as a higher finishing FZR, suggesting they werent equally scored, those results show they are equally scored, making me assume they've been updated since last season with a view to using them this time out.
Accurate or not, i dunno, but looks like it IMO.

The image shows the XRR and FXR getting the same number of points, and a few more than the FZR.
Attached images
points.gif
#28 - Dru
sry did not notice that the points were like that opphs...

BTW, kind of ironic that the only crash we had took out both our cars and it was caused by an ex-member LOL.

O/T

in that incident we could not log a complaint with a replay file within the hour because the driver drover for OVER an hour after that incident.

Is there a way the rules can be changed because otherwise you would not be able to record and log a complaint in that specific incident, i gues the same is true for anyone involved in a complaint/crash 20 minutes into a 2 x 45 minute stint right?
I think you are refering to last seasons point table. The FZR got less points for winning because it was clearly faster than any other car. But now with the restrictions there shouldn't be any more differences, as the cars are pretty equal now.
So I think all cars get the same points now.
Quote from three_jump :I think you are refering to last seasons point table. The FZR got less points for winning because it was clearly faster than any other car. But now with the restrictions there shouldn't be any more differences, as the cars are pretty equal now.
So I think all cars get the same points now.

Yes I agree, I was just pointing out that Paul had misread the image and therefore his posts didn't make a lot of sense :P.
Quote from Dru :sry did not notice that the points were like that opphs...

BTW, kind of ironic that the only crash we had took out both our cars and it was caused by an ex-member LOL.

O/T

in that incident we could not log a complaint with a replay file within the hour because the driver drover for OVER an hour after that incident.

Is there a way the rules can be changed because otherwise you would not be able to record and log a complaint in that specific incident, i gues the same is true for anyone involved in a complaint/crash 20 minutes into a 2 x 45 minute stint right?

The complaint should be made within an hour from the point the driver involved had made a driver change and disconnected from the server.
#32 - Dru
Quote from Jonesy_ :The complaint should be made within an hour from the point the driver involved had made a driver change and disconnected from the server.

Ah that makes sense otherwise it would not have been possible..
Points system will be under discussion with the admins. Sorry for the old list, but it is best for us to see how the points system should be formulated after this first race.

From what I can see, XRR and FZR in GT1 are quite even, and the same goes for XRR and FXR in GT2. The one remaining FXR in GT1 probably needs a handicap with points, but not much.
I simply forgot to update the points so far. And of course, they will be updated regarding a 20 car grid in GT1 and the GT2 grid.

On the issue og GT1/GT2 collissions: how should we do an automatic review? That would involve having the same number of admins on the server as GT2 cars in order to see when a GT2 car is hit by a GT1 car. Not doable, sorry. We do review everything (within the time limit) that is brought forward to us by the way of a complaint. We have done so in the past and will continue to do so and we said we will strictly punish drivers in both classes who simply do not pay attention or think they own the track. Teams that think they were treated wrongly simply need to file a complaint.
Fair enough. Thanks!
#36 - Dru
*cough* points for 18th in class

you'll make it onto the ZWR GT1 christmas card list
Quote from joshdifabio :Yes I agree, I was just pointing out that Paul had misread the image

Indeed i did, i read FXR as FZR.
Quote from joshdifabio :and therefore his posts didn't make a lot of sense :P.

They rarely do
So what about the overtaking stuff etc... Will it be taken in consideration for the next race or??

Im quite curious...
It has only been a few days since the race, patience

A lot of things have been taken into consideration, and not just the passing stuff.
Quote :o what about the overtaking stuff etc... Will it be taken in consideration for the next race or??

If you read my post #35, you'd know...but I'll quote it again for you:

Quote :On the issue og GT1/GT2 collissions: how should we do an automatic review? That would involve having the same number of admins on the server as GT2 cars in order to see when a GT2 car is hit by a GT1 car. Not doable, sorry. We do review everything (within the time limit) that is brought forward to us by the way of a complaint. We have done so in the past and will continue to do so and we said we will strictly punish drivers in both classes who simply do not pay attention or think they own the track. Teams that think they were treated wrongly simply need to file a complaint.

#41 - Dru
This sounds like an admin nightmare..

As there is such a lomg time between races, why not allow a time period after the race that people can submit complaints..

its the same as real life, where by stewards can change decisions AFTER the event or make a penalty for the following race.

This way you don't have to admin EVERY car.

IMO IRC does not always work. Take for instance after the POD take out of the 2 ZWR cars. No POD people where there to able to talk to or find out what happened

If a driver/team was there and apologised saying accident, mistake, lack of good judgement etc then most people are reasonable and would accept and not make a complaint.

how about leaving a 24 hour time period after the race where people can watch incidents review then , then submit VALID complaints in. with a time of replay etc. this then means that you only have to view parts or make it that a team has to submit vido footage. say once from the drivers view and one from above view?

Then only serious incidences would be reported as it takes time to make these cases/presentations?

Just a thought

Dru.
Why do you need someone from the other team in IRC? I mean, if they arent there and don't apologize, just file a complaint. There is nothing evil in that, it's actually good racing manors instead of discussing the incident over and over.

We don't want to take penalties till after the race because it is very hard to find a just penalty. The lap differences between cars are hard to assess while thinking about penalties and getting it to a decent result.
#43 - Dru
Quote from Hoellsen :Why do you need someone from the other team in IRC? I mean, if they arent there and don't apologize, just file a complaint. There is nothing evil in that, it's actually good racing manors instead of discussing the incident over and over.

We don't want to take penalties till after the race because it is very hard to find a just penalty. The lap differences between cars are hard to assess while thinking about penalties and getting it to a decent result.

As i posted above, but maybe was not clear or lost in translation....

If you report to your pit guy that you got hit - you ask in IRC or mention it in IRC. If a member from the other team is in IRC (which i thought was a requirement during racing btw?) then you can ask about the incident. If the other team reply's saying genuine mistkae then you can accept the apology, accept it's racing and move on

do you really want to admin review every single little thing that happens in an MoE race without at least the 2 teams discussing it in IRC first like the rest of them do?

I would have this was sensible to be able to cut down your admin timescale.
Quote from Dru :

do you really want to admin review every single little thing that happens in an MoE race without at least the 2 teams discussing it in IRC first like the rest of them do?

He already answered this: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=566130#post566130

If there is a situation that needs another opinion from the suspected team, we do that. However, if there are obvious mistakes from a team being protested by another team, giving the suspected team a penalty takes care of things a lot faster.
#45 - Dru
Quote from Tweaker :He already answered this: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=566130#post566130

If there is a situation that needs another opinion from the suspected team, we do that. However, if there are obvious mistakes from a team being protested by another team, giving the suspected team a penalty takes care of things a lot faster.

I know thats what he has said previously Tweak but also that there is an admin shortfall and you guys are overworked already... i was only suggesting a sensible way to reduce your adminning time down to a sensible level but if you say thats the way to go then thats the way we shall
We were only overworked on the first race because some admins were absent AND the fact that it was a 12 hour race . This next race will be fine.
Well ok clear enough then about the overtaking procedure...

Hope it will work out on SCity...

Dru, imo lets say if a GT2 or a GT1 got hit in a inproper way. The own teams could make a replay post it on here say the time and lap it occured and thats it basically, only thing what the admins need to take a look @ the replay and judge the incident... So imo it wont increase there workload that much...

If im correct in severe crashes we do this already or???

What im wondering about is, do the admins make their own replays of the race so we only need to say what happend when, or do we need to make the replays by ourselves???

Anyways, i aint get out of the way of divebombers anymore, otherwise i get myself into the dangerzone, they can pass in a safe way or hit me in the back then... :jawdrop:

Let see wots gonna happen.... Propably a Bi....:fence:
It's hardly realistic is it that you only have an hour to report an incident (no matter how serious) or it's overlooked.

IRL, that incident that is in the youtube clip may have resulted in serious injury or even a fatality. I hardly think it would have been forgotten about so easily.
EDIT: Ignore this... I didn't know it's one hour after the stint finished

The one hour rule seems funny to me too... especially when taking into account a replay of the incident is needed in order to make a valid complaint. That means when a driver has an incident in the first hour of a 2 hour stint, you'll never be able to file a complaint.
Quote from traxxion :The one hour rule seems funny to me too... especially when taking into account a replay of the incident is needed in order to make a valid complaint. That means when a driver has an incident in the first hour of a 2 hour stint, you'll never be able to file a complaint.

I think it was said already that it's 1 hour after the driver involved has finished the stint where the accident happened.

Complaint
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG