The online racing simulator
12h of Kyoto: Results
Well the race is now over, and the results at the moment are being processed through the tracker into a timetable. For now, here are the unofficial race results, a few positions MIGHT be subject to change, but every penalty and lap correction was fixed well before the race ended. We are just going to double check everything.

Replay: DOWNLOAD (200mb)

Congratulations to Mercury Racing Team for the first GT1 class (+overall) win of the season, and their first ever win in MoE. Well done PM and SK with your podium positions.

Congratulations to CoRe Racing Team for the first GT2 win of the season, and their first ever race in MoE. Excellent job XFR and T7R with your podium finishes.

I want to say that this race was very eventful for all the admins and teams, and I hope you all enjoyed the experience. The 2 class racing definitely proved to be a challenge for everyone, and our first race of the season couldn't have been any better!

Feel free to discuss any post-race comments here.

(If you want the full size picture(s) PM me. But sorry, didn't have AA on or anything )
-
(BurnOut69) DELETED by BurnOut69 : twk knows we got 2nd place now :P
Wow, what a race! A lot of heavy work by the admins, great job!

Congrats to Merc and pm. Great consistent stuff! I think, the two GTR cars FZR and FXR are pretty much even now, if I take the unlucky stuff that happened to us into account Still, I'm looking into a great season 3 coming, and I guess, as usual, I will be most of the time in my teams teamspeak, helping the guys, informing, motivating them. It's a lot of fun!

So this was definitely a great season opener, with a thrilling fight with cyber in the end. Great stuff!
#3 - Dru
Congratulations to all runners and riders.

Great job by all the Admin's.

See you in the streets on South City....

just how narrow with those streets seem with a rolling start.. there's a thunder coming..... can you hear it yet?

#4 - arco
According to the finishing results, the GT2 class podium would be CoRe Racing, Teamsport-Online and Fusion Racing. Or am I missing something?
Quote from arco :According to the finishing results, the GT2 class podium would be CoRe Racing, Teamsport-Online and Fusion Racing. Or am I missing something?

You are reading the wrong results, the screen shot does not account for disconnects.
Well it was a very good race, from Cyber Racing we had so many problems at start with some incidents in the first laps that cost us way to much time, i guess more than 1 minute, but my mates did a very good recovery until the end, last stint with the DT and a small crash took us the 3rd place but we are happy with our final position.

I would like to congratulate our new drivers that did a very good job in their first race and also the winners
#8 - arco
Nice Job CoRe, Merc, and all others!
Congrats to everyone for a successful first race!
congratz to mercury GT1 and Core GT2

... and to all others that took part, it was a great opener to what will be a great season of MOE
-
(Koopa) DELETED by Koopa : needs tobe changed what else
Yeah congratz to all the guys...

Anyways, although we missed out on the start by only 3 hours, we had a superb race constantly making fast laps and overtaking GT2 cars... Nevertheless with 50+ laps down there was no way (Orly??) that we could even pass 1 car in the racelist...

The pace was there so we held a small internal team fastest laptime challenge, sweat on places you dont wanna know... But i lost AGAIN by 2t of a second...

I must say our team had loads and loads of experience in online racing, the MoE experience is another one which was just amazing, and which we dont want to miss out in future races... SuperB racing all of you guys...

I still have a bit mixed feelings that we dont have a simple starting time topic in the main MoE forum... IMO its asking for problems when not having a sticky with such important information, anyways we were the only team that missed out on the start so you can say we are just l33t noobs...

Anyways we will not miss out on the race starts ever again i can tell you...

we WILL BE BACK in SCTOWN...

:fence3d::jawdrop::chairs::banghead:

O and by the way, i got a feeling like this:

http://www.eekthecatworld.com/zooi/hurting7.avi

and this...

http://www.eekthecatworld.com/zooi/hurting5.avi
Attached images
terminator.jpg
Quote from Koopa :we WILL BE BACK in SCTOWN...

Good, you practise for South City Town, while everybody else does so for South City Long.. Good luck!
This was my first real MoE event, and I got to say it was a small dream come true. Was given a great chance by the ZWR team to race in their GT1 car and I really appreciate it, thank you very much!

Really started to understand the word endurance on my last stint, my eyelids were rather heavy after the 109 laps I made. It was great to race in this event. But I got to say that I was a bit disappointed how easy it's to walk away from a crash, you pit in and loose one lap. Not really a punishment, but I guess LFS needs some development in the collision and damage department before steady really does it. Excuses from the slow? I know.

Thanks for the MoE team who made this happen, was great! And thanks for all GT2 racers who gave room too although it might not be necessary all the time, some GT1 drivers should just learn to live with the traffic.
Quote from Darkone55 :Good, you practise for South City Town, while everybody else does so for South City Long.. Good luck!

South City Long that is... Common problem with SC stuffffff...
Great racing there! Congratulations to Mercury, SK, Core and everybody else who took part in this great event!

Cu @South City
Quote from Vykos69 :the two GTR cars FZR and FXR are pretty much even now, if I take the unlucky stuff that happened to us into account

I guess you mean XRR and FZR? cause the fastest FXR is at pos 17

congratz to all drivers, specially Mercury for #1
SERT is the only team driving a FXR. And if you compare their laptimes they could have end up a few positions in front of their current positions with a bit of luck.
Congrats to Pedal to the Metal and SK Gaming, but especially Mercury for the win

It was a very crowded race, and that was actually pretty OK - compared to the 3h in row in last seasons 24h event, where I maybe saw 10 or less cars during that time :P

Big grats to CoRe @ GT2 as well.

South City - thats going to be.. interesting
Congrats to CoRe for the win in GT2 ...
Of course congrats to Mercury for the GT1 victory as well.

Thank you all racers, this was a helluva race ...

If the GT1's had problems with the overtaking of the GT2 cars, I just wonder what's going to happen in the next race. If there's not going to be a change with the discipline here this race, I'm afraid, is going to be a chaos. At Kyoto GP the track was wide, shouldn't be any problems with overtakings. Yet it was. How would this look like at South City? Imo we shouldn't race there at all, the track is to narrow and full of hard walls where the GT2 cars prolly gonna end up in, judging from last race.
Very nice race for us, apart from some problems with GT2 cars it worked out great in the end.

Well done to the podium finishers in both classes.

As for south city, I dunno how it will work, but the GT2's wont be as slow in the corners compared to KY so being stuck behind a GT2 car shouldn't compramise you as much as in this race.
Congratulations to Mercury and CoRe Racing. I've followed the race now and then using the tracker, it looked like a great race once again

I also quite like the results, car-wise. Two XRRs beating a whole field of FZRs... I guess it can become pretty hot up front this season, when cars are going to excell on different tracks.

I hope to be able to spectate the SO Long race, that's going to be one hell of a race
Congrats to everyone and especially of course to Mercury and Core. And I like Clownpaint's statement that he thinks two class racing worked out better than he originally thought.

For SO Long we will have full coverage again, streaming, spectator and so on. Sorry it didn't work yesterday, we had some manpower problems due to which not everything was up to the usual standard. Will improve for the next race, I promise.
while ure talking about improving stuff phil...
i know its probably not the place here but an updated website also attracts more people ^^ Ive been waiting all of last season that the website is running properly with all the functions working but as were already in season 3 it would be nice if stuff gets working there now (dont see my post negative or as a complain...just a little reminder )
The website is my personal biggest gripe as well. So many ideas and so little time to put it into effect, but we do have it on our agenda. A news editor (not the technical means, but a person) would be nice to have, too, as in someone to write the news posts, put in some pictures, gathering some background info.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG