Poll : Who/What is to blame?

Closed since :
Driver C
Driver A
All of them
None - racing incident/too hard to tell
Driver B
Lag
I would say that it`s A`s fault. There is enough, and were enough space for 3 cars. C car was going for the gap that looked possible, B should also given some more room, but it`s totally A`s fault since he saw the car pass, but still desided to go up in the track. A purely idiotioc movie, and made everyone crash. If he hadn`t done that I belive that car C would pass them both. A should go lower in the corner when he saw C was on his side, and it`s better to go low in the corners too, C was very optimistic, but it would be possible if A hadn`t cuted up in his line.
Driver A's fault for turning Right, but he also bump drafted the FXR which made him slower, if he'd of passed the car instead this incident could of been avoided.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :OK fair enough!

dont get me wrong i love the show i love your sense of humour but when doing novel fancy stuff like the statistics uf1 you have to watch out not to forget about the basics
i got the impression that you probably fiddled for hours to get your new ideas in and then rushed the "boring" stuff youve routinely done in the last 5 eps
Quote from Mazz4200 :A couple of points:

If it's possible i'd like to have the poll result hidden so we have to tune in to the follow up vid to see who was to blame. (just for that little bit of suspense)

And secondly, i'd like to see this taking a more prominent position, somehow i missed the FOX incident . Not sure what could be done about this, maybe posting it in the General Discussion section so more will see it, as long as the mods don't mind.

As i've said before i really like the concept and how you've done this, i really think it deserves a wider audience and not everyone checks the movie section.

You wanna start thinking of a career in television or even commentary, maybe ask Becky if she wants a sidekick

I posted the first episode in the General Discussion area all those months ago, but when I returned it had disappeared without a trace. Do other movies get posted in the GD area?

Also, I don't think the poll can be hidden; however I could source the poll out to somewhere else that is not on the forum. I have done this before... I'll see what I can do!

Thanks for your compliments

Quote from Shotglass :dont get me wrong i love the show i love your sense of humour but when doing novel fancy stuff like the statistics uf1 you have to watch out not to forget about the basics
i got the impression that you probably fiddled for hours to get your new ideas in and then rushed the "boring" stuff youve routinely done in the last 5 eps

How did you know?

PS, I didn't mean my tone in the other posts to come accross as childish and agressive, I welcome your advice!
It has to be C, if you look again, he sees the gap closing on the right and the left, and we he got to a point of contact, i didn't see him lift off the throttle, and the A and B obviously didn't really see him as a threat, cos he kinda came from nowhere
definantly driver c's fault he seen the gap closing and should have backed off the gas
I find it funny that 33 people would get in exactly the same accident, but blamed C nonetheless... You'd all back off on the oval, yeah right...

Besides, if C was driving with a low FOV, he wouldn't have seen A closing the gap until it was too late... Therefore, I vote racing incident...

Of course, people will always find someone to blame, even if the mistake the poor fella made was so small it could/would have happened to anyone...
Quote from bbman :I find it funny that 33 people would get in exactly the same accident, but blamed C nonetheless... You'd all back off on the oval, yeah right...

BB, that is a REALLY Valid point, ok, I wouldn't BACKOFF, but I just would of paid more attention. Not nessacarily behind me, but infront is Rule#1
#34 - Nobo
This is great. First time i found this
At first i thought it was C at fault but on second viewing it was A's reckless swerving & lack of awareness of C coming up the outside that caused the car sandwich. Granted C could of backed off & avoided the incident but A should not be moving right approaching a left hand turn.

I voted "A". C is also at fault & B turned in on C so they're all to blame. Same old noob mistake: not using mirrors/lack of awareness.
Quote from bbman :I find it funny that 33 people would get in exactly the same accident, but blamed C nonetheless... You'd all back off on the oval, yeah right...

Fair point, but even if you did it, you'd still blame yourself! Well I would anyway.
Quote from bbman :Of course, people will always find someone to blame, even if the mistake the poor fella made was so small it could/would have happened to anyone...

its called the blame game for a reason ... to me the entire point of these vids is to put the blame on someone (and at the same time they have a bit of educational value)
Quote from Shotglass :its called the blame game for a reason ... to me the entire point of these vids is to put the blame on someone (and at the same time they have a bit of educational value)

Hehe you say it so simply
Quote from Shotglass :its called the blame game for a reason ... to me the entire point of these vids is to put the blame on someone (and at the same time they have a bit of educational value)

Sorry, I thought it was to judge a crash, not desperately trying to find a fault/someone at fault... :rolleyes: Afterall, why else would we have a racing incident-option?
At first I thought C was to blame, but after watching it a few times I vote A.

B and C try to hold a constant line, but A is all over the place. Even though C didn't back off, A's behaviour would have been almost impossible to predict. It seems that C's FOV was such that he wouldn't have seen driver A at the periphery until it was too late..
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :driver C. he tried to force his way through and hit 2 other cars and got away with it.

agree
I think that driver A and B would have crashed together anyway and the incident is their fault.

They both tried to take their own line without checking if there is any car close to them... clearly not using the mirrors at all.
Driver C had grater speed and enough room to pass. But mainly driver A moved like he was alone in the track… (Probably he hadn’t noticed how close he was to the other cars cause the fact that he spectated when the incident happened shows us that he cared to eliminate the risks for other drivers after the incident)
I think the selection of cameras and the slow motion part… point out the driver C.
You should have chose more informative cameras such as drivers eyes view and the replay speed should have been the same for all drivers…
The slow motion part gives you the feeling that driver C had plenty of time to react, seeing the gap closing for a long period of time before the incident happen…

After all I voted driver A cause he is the one that almost crossed one of the four lanes that track has without checking if there was any car at the side.
lol@ u gus all blaming C. A and b are clearly oval noobs or are having a bad day.
Quote from Gabkicks :lol@ u gus all blaming C. A and b are clearly oval noobs or are having a bad day.

Exactly the point.
Of course C could have backed off to avoid the accident,
but if driver A and driver B would have had hold their line, everything would have been ok.

As a circuit driver u might think it is ok the block a car (like driver B tried to), but on the oval blocking a car is ridiculous, especially at an early stage in the race.

Also driver A has clearly problems controlling his car.

Imho it is a race accident.

For the next episode I would like to see the inboard cam. It should give a much better impression of what the drivers does and sees.
That's a hard one.
At first I'd have said C as well, but the only one actually changing lanes was A. B was well clear on the outside, C was moving into a viable space and A shifted across into it without checking his mirrors. His lack of control before the actual incident makes me think he wasn't all that competent and that's why he specced right after.

I have to say both A and C, so I guess racing incident.
The accident was clearly caused by C sticking his nose in, the question is whether he was entitled to do so. To me this is symptomatic of the culture of going for it at all odds in LFS, if C has exercised prudence there would have been no accident.

A and B where taking their lines, A adjusting more as he was too deep inside on the approach, he started adjusting his line before C stuck his nose in and is not at fault. B was a passenger, leaving only C.

I dont think a steward would rule against or penalise driver C, but if blame is to be attributed it should go there.

Dilligence ftw.
OK, another piece of advice to be taken on board, no more "NASCAR" style roof cams !
No More Movies...
... No more Blame Game for a couple of weeks; I'm getting a new laptop so I want to leave all video making until I have it. That way you'll get higher quality videos, and I'll have a lot more fun making them, on a machine with 3X more RAM and about 4X the graphics capabilities.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :... No more Blame Game for a couple of weeks; I'm getting a new laptop so I want to leave all video making until I have it. That way you'll get higher quality videos, and I'll have a lot more fun making them, on a machine with 3X more RAM and about 4X the graphics capabilities.

Very nice
Looking forward to you`re next release!

The Blame Game - Episode 6
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG