Closed since :
Driver C
Driver A
All of them
None - racing incident/too hard to tell
Driver B
Lag
The Blame Game - Episode 6
It's been 19 days, but it's back for the half way point of the series!
You can watch the video here:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=88fMaGLvlOI
Don't forget to visit http://batracer.tripod.com/theblamegame/ for the wall of blame and all the episodes in one place.

Warning, there is a loud noise a few seconds in on the video!

Think carefully, post comments and suggestions in the thread, and please follow these simple rules:

DO NOT name particular drivers when making your point; if you recognise a driver in the crash, do not mention the driver's name.
DO NOT act aggressively to other members who voice a different opinion; we all know how heated accident debates get in game so let's not bring it onto the forum as well.

Enjoy!
hmm well its a mix between driver A and driver C. Driver B seemed to be doing ok, and driver A was getting abit too close. As driver C came up, driver A was turning in front of him, so C turned to avoid, thus hitting driver B, with driver A following.

So imo, it was driver A and C's fault. Driver A should have not turned to the right, and driver C should have overtook driver B or should have braked or backed off.
driver C. he tried to force his way through and hit 2 other cars and got away with it.
normally id say all of them for driving on an oval but in this case its clearly cs fault

btw i love the editing on the last week bit and the presentation of last episodes results
#5 - hda
well.. c tried to pass in the middle of a and b and the accident only happened cause a didn't use his mirrors properly.. imho
btw, you should have made more options on the poll, e.g "driver A and B" "driver A and C" etc.

Seing as i cant vote my opinion, im going to leave my vote out.
It's a racing incident for the most part since car A and B will collide even if C back off. I still vote C is the one to blame since he could have backed off when A and B is coming close.
There all horrible as each other :P lol but seriously non of them paid attention to each other so they are all at fault
Well, It was at the oval so i dozed off at the first curve :sleep2:

But the Prozac kicked in and i just managed to catch the highlights of the crash....

Car A was all over the place (obviously his spotter wasn't telling him to go straighter)
And Car C was a bit optimistic going for an ever narrowing gap, he should have lifted, got in the toe and tried a pass at the next curve, or, perhaps more sensibly stopped the car, left the race and had a go at driving a proper track.

So i would say both A and C, but the options not there.

Anyway who cares, they're ovaltinies let them crash into each other as much as they want.
I'm saying all of them

A was too low on the track

B was on a collision course with A

C was going for a gap where there wasn't any

DK
I went with all of them. It's impossible to say because oval servers tend to have their own strange rules about how and when you can pass or block.

These little movies are very entertaining by the way. Shame there was no chat log for this one but I did like the statistical UF1.
Although everyone played their part in the lead-up, I reckon C caused the actual accident.
Blind Neddy could have seen that that gap was closing.
I reckon A was the driver that caused that, all over the place and cut across car C. Car B shouldn't have come down like he did and car C was too optimistic, still without an idiot in car A I doubt they'd have crashed.
I say C he should have backed of the gas then that wouldnt have happenede
#15 - FL!P
Quote from ajp71 :I reckon A was the driver that caused that, all over the place and cut across car C. Car B shouldn't have come down like he did and car C was too optimistic, still without an idiot in car A I doubt they'd have crashed.

That's how I see it too. B and C stayed in their lane so their path was foreseeable. A was the one swerving around. Also he didn't have to go that low to pass B, and if had used the middle lane, C wouldn't have thought about passing between them.
I will have to say C on this one, although its very tight. C obviously had a great run out of the turn and didn't want to back off, but he should of gone high or backed out.
I think the C was wrong
A looked like he was out of control, C had a clear run through the middle of both cars, but A turned into him, as did B, but to a lesser amount.

I would say that if I had to pick one "culprit" it would be A, but B should take a little of the blame, I wouldnt be suprised if A and B were using keyboard...............
I voted for all of them, the reason being that they all contributed to the incedent. A and B decided to close in on each other, driver C tried to get in between, but couldn't as A and B closed the gap. C did have a good run on them. Then again, why would anyone drive an FXR on the oval and try to be competieve?
Quote from ajp71 :I reckon A was the driver that caused that, all over the place and cut across car C. Car B shouldn't have come down like he did and car C was too optimistic, still without an idiot in car A I doubt they'd have crashed.

those are my 1st impressions after watching the video. u guys who have oval raced know how it is... c just kinda got screwed over by two noobs infront of him plus driver C was a little slow to react.\

wait... wasnt driver C the one in the back that was passing? driver B was the one to the right that turned left, and driver A was the one on the left that blocked the inside line? I think there's some confusion as to who is what letter in the posts above... which makes me think the voting might be screwed up... or i am confused.
Quote from Gabkicks :wait... wasnt driver C the one in the back that was passing? driver B was the one to the right that turned left, and driver A was the one on the left that blocked the inside line? I think there's some confusion as to who is what letter in the posts above... which makes me think the voting might be screwed up... or i am confused.

yeah you got them right but i agree this ep didnt lable the drivers as clearly as it should have
Quote from Shotglass :yeah you got them right but i agree this ep didnt lable the drivers as clearly as it should have

OK, how could I make them more clear? Did you notice the fact that at the bottom of the screen on each of the on board shots the driver label was there? Did you notice me say who was who in the blimp shot? Nothing has changed...
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1804/binhx4.jpg

I'm all for people making critical comments but you need to actually tell me what could make the problems go away.
i think there were 3 major problems with the blip view
1) you named a driver in the tv cam before the blip view which was sort of confusing
2) some other car on the far right which wasnt involved at all had the same neon green paint on his car => at first you automatically assume hes part of the crash
3) a-left c-middle b-right i guess you see the confusion

also you must keep in mind that the video quality on youtube is too nasty to be able to read the labels on the cars from far above
i could be wrong but i seem to remember that earlier episodes showed the cars from up close before showing any footage of the incident to make clear which colour each driver has
Quote from Shotglass :i think there were 3 major problems with the blip view
1) you named a driver in the tv cam before the blip view which was sort of confusing
2) some other car on the far right which wasnt involved at all had the same neon green paint on his car => at first you automatically assume hes part of the crash
3) a-left c-middle b-right i guess you see the confusion

also you must keep in mind that the video quality on youtube is too nasty to be able to read the labels on the cars from far above
i could be wrong but i seem to remember that earlier episodes showed the cars from up close before showing any footage of the incident to make clear which colour each driver has

OK fair enough! I labelled the drivers in what order they were in before the crash took place, I guess I didn't think about the logic of what other people would see. In the other videos I actually paused the blimp shot to label the cars for clarity, but I didn't this time so that probably didn't help my case at all. Also, I agree that the TV cam views were too far away.
I shall improve that for the next episode, thanks!
PS: Also I might even upload them to a server to be played in Quicktime or WMplayer in higher (640X480) quality.
A couple of points:

If it's possible i'd like to have the poll result hidden so we have to tune in to the follow up vid to see who was to blame. (just for that little bit of suspense)

And secondly, i'd like to see this taking a more prominent position, somehow i missed the FOX incident . Not sure what could be done about this, maybe posting it in the General Discussion section so more will see it, as long as the mods don't mind.

As i've said before i really like the concept and how you've done this, i really think it deserves a wider audience and not everyone checks the movie section.

You wanna start thinking of a career in television or even commentary, maybe ask Becky if she wants a sidekick

The Blame Game - Episode 6
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG