The online racing simulator

Poll : New Longer or Technical Track?

Technical Tracks, Yes?
Longer Tracks, Yes?
Longer Tracks, No?
Technical Tracks, No?
#1 - sam93
New longer Tracks and also Technical Tracks
Watching the F1, there are a lot of technical long tracks what we don't really have. Take Spa for an example, its fast but has some nice corners, I know it is a boring track to watch people go around on tv, but the hairpins and the bus stop is a nice corner. There are also alot of other nice tracks like the canadian grand prix track is also a nice track. Maybe one also like monza, that is a nice track I would like to see in LFS.
+1 for more technical tracks, longer tracks = NO!
But next time please use one of the other topic`s that allready is about this types of suggestion and post it there
Oh, great. Another one.
#4 - sam93
Quote from The Very End :+1 for more technical tracks, longer tracks = NO!
But next time please use one of the other topic`s that allready is about this types of suggestion and post it there

Would of done but i just quickly posted the thread because I am watching the F1.
#5 - dev
Quote from The Very End :+1 for more technical tracks, longer tracks = NO!

I agree
I would be happy with ANY new tracks, long, short, technical, I really don't care, just something new.
Which are the most popular tracks online?

AS National
SO Classic
AS Club

We have a few long and/or technical tracks and nobody uses them.
To me, we just flatout need new tracks..these one we have now are constantly used, most used to much and they get boring...QUICK!
Yes, for older S2 players they getting boring, but for new they are interesting and need to learn them, so I think new tracks is for S3.
Quote from LFSn00b :I have driven on every track in LFS(not every car/track combo) and i find the tracks boring now. i know almost all the braking points, straights.

Oval rev and Bl rx rev are my only blanks, certainly not missing much with the first one
#11 - Dru
Quote from LFSn00b :I have driven on every track in LFS(not every car/track combo) and i find the tracks boring now. i know almost all the braking points, straights.

Imho most of the Aston and South City combos repeat themselves a bit too much.

does that mean you have a hatfull of WRs then Niko to show that you have 'mastered' all that there is... ?

Personally i feel that its the racing and racer quality that is more important that the tracks... it's just being able to find them
Quote from Dru :Personally i feel that its the racing and racer quality that is more important that the tracks...

Honestly I don't. If I was racing around AS3, even against my 20 favourite LFS racers, I would still be bored shitless.
#13 - Dru
Quote from thisnameistaken :Honestly I don't. If I was racing around AS3, even against my 20 favourite LFS racers, I would still be bored shitless.

don't take it literally Kev

i don't mean that people should have good racing on 2 or 3 tracks - i mean that those racers should go and try the different combos that ARE availalbe andwill find and see that there are plenty of tracks out there...... they are just un-utilised by people afrais to go away from BL1,AS2 ans AS3 etc
Quote from sam93 :canadian grand prix track is also a nice track

Circuit Gilles Villeneuve sucks tbh. It's a terrible circuit. LFS does NOT need any modern F1-like tracks. We have Aston for that, and it's dull and boring as all hell. What we need are technical and challenging circuits with some interesting and creative elevation changes.

...Of course, I just want new venues. I don't care if the tracks are set in the desert or the mountains, I want something new.
i think that they should have a last turn like estoriol circuit which is just awsome, and some tracks like mugello and assen TT. my top 3 tracks
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Brands bloody Hatch please. I could drive that work of art all day.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Honestly I don't. If I was racing around AS3, even against my 20 favourite LFS racers, I would still be bored shitless.

Even.. Me! :'(

:cry:

*storms off*
We need new tracks not better AI
Quote from bluejudas :We need new tracks not better AI

We need a new house to live in. Hey you, yes you that car mechanic in that garage over there, could you please stop working, it will make us finish our house faster.

What I'm trying to say is, Eric is doing tracks, Scawen is doing AI. If Scawen stopped improving the AI, Eric would not magically create the tracks any faster than before.
#20 - Jakg

It's a shame that even seeing as you know all the corners so well your still fairly slow, isn't it?

I'm no expert, but i've driven every turn in LFS in every direction in most cars and i've still got a looooooooooooooooooooong way to go before i've "mastered" any of them.

Call me odd, but i find the racing fun
Quote from bluejudas :We need new tracks not better AI

+1, who cares about AI

I voted just more technical

sorry for this off-topic:
hehe niko, practice more one combo mate, you have less kilometers traveled then me but much more combos done... looks like you are pretty easy to get bored. Try rFactor? ^^
-
(N I K I) DELETED by N I K I
Quote from AndroidXP :
What I'm trying to say is, Eric is doing tracks, Scawen is doing AI. If Scawen stopped improving the AI, Eric would not magically create the tracks any faster than before.

But I still want to see more tracks before AI
btw, I don't want any AI at all.... but that is of curse my personal opinion... I will never use it anyways.... Online racing is what this sim is all about...
Longer, more technical tracks. More tracks. Slower tracks. Proper chicanes that actually do the job they are designed for - slowing the cars down.
So, to say what you said on a other way, +1 for everything in this topic please!
From what i see, people only want new tracks, not necessarily technical or long ones. Of course, content hasn't changed at all besides S1 to S2, and people are getting bored. If the devs are to add tracks, they'll probably release it together with S3, rite? So since there will be new tracks in S3, let's just drop the topic and leave it to the devs to decide what tracks to include in S3. In the meantime, enjoy your 24 pounds of racing goodness.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG