The online racing simulator

Poll : What type of internet connection do you have?

cable / adsl with download less or equal to 2048 kbits
cable / adsl with download less or equal to 1024 kbits
cable / adsl with download more than 4096 kbits
cable / adsl with download less or equal to 512 kbits
cable / adsl with download less or equal to 4096 kbits
other (some direct form of connection - usually very fast Smile" /> )
cable / adsl with download less or equal to 256 kbits
Dial-up modem
Only internet at work, not at home
What type of internet connection do you have?
Just a simple poll to see what the ratio these days is. I think most people will have some form of permanent connection these days, but let's see
aDSL with a 4,5 gig traffic restriction... which keeps me offline every end of the month
I'm in a network where we have an oligopoly of providers: our LAN has 2 gateways, both 100 mbit. We can select which is preferable.

Internet traffic is paid, 0.055$/Mb, internal is free. We have 100Mbit segments and 1Gbit backbone, so inside one can get for free lots of kinds of CD ima
#4 - avih
i have ADSL 1.5M/96kbps (!)
upstream is really limited in israel...
Deutsche Telekom at its best
ADSL - 8Mbit down - 1.5Mbit up
ADSL - 1600/512, in 2006 it will be twice the speed
<3 Blueyonder for the recent upgrades

Although the 4Mb package still only has a measly 386Kb upload
2mb down with the ,as usefull as a chocolate fireguard, 30kb up, unmetered connection though, which is handy when you pull about 80GB a month LOL.

Dan.
1.5/1 mBit down/up
ADSL 8/1 - no limits.
Cool! I'm the first to vote dialup. Good ole 56k (usually connect at 45555 bytes/sec). One thing I notice is I am running Win98SE and very very rarely get disconnected (only if I try to DL skins). I usually connect to anything lower than a 250 ping, which sometimes is in the UK. I've never had anyone tell me I lag. On the Win98 topic with dialup, my brother-in-law runs XP on the same ISP with dialup and he sometimes gets disconnected 5 times in a 10 lap race.

Just saw a commercial, Verison DSL-$14.95 per month, wow, that would be great. Entered my phone number......"DSL is not avialable in your area as of now. We are continuing to blah, blah....", so please don't hate me for my dialup. The only option I have for broadband is 400+% higher cost than I have now and is definitely NOT in my single income in a dual income world budget. I'd rather have Mom raising our kids than some stranger instilling their morals and beliefs on my children. I'll have enough of that BS happening when they get to school.
1MB/256KB... but good old Tiscali are so bad I can never use more than 50% of my download capacity, so I've essentially got 512/256. They're online members facilities are crap to. Oh how I miss my webstats.
#14 - axus
Telkom 512/128kbps connection (it should be at 192 - thats what i'm paying for but they messed up my installation :tilt. It costs an arm and a leg. ~$10-15 per gig of usage and ~$50 for the line per month (and that should be 192). On top of that I have a 3GB cap and bandwidth shaping and port prioritisation. Oh, did I mention that local traffic is included in those 3GB, and my pings overseas are ~400ms and I can't stay connected for more than 3min to an international server?
After reading your responses I am even more glad that in Finland we have cheap, reasonably fast, unlimited and reliable broadbands.
2 mb / 256 kb deresticted, great when it works...
Unlimited 2mbit (2272/288kbps) w/ UK Online. Their DNS servers are terrible, and the got serious issues with lag, a lot of the time I get nowhere near the perf I shud b getting
8/1 Mbit ADSL, but in reality I never get out more than 850Kbit up. Works ok most the times.
Gee I don't know... some sort of DSL.
The good thing is I live like less than 8 blocks from where the trunk line stuff
is and most everyone else that lives here has dial up or cable so I pretty much
have the thing to myself and don't have to worry about slow speeds at all

I must say that this game seems to do well for dial up users. That's
pretty cool seeing how most titles made after 2001 pretty much require
broad band just to even halfway play a decent game online.
256 (actually about 280) kbits here.
Quote from X-Ter :8/1 Mbit ADSL, but in reality I never get out more than 850Kbit up. Works ok most the times.

That 850kbit upstream is normal for DSL. You can calculate the real speed of any Internet connection by dividing the speed (here 1024kbps) number of bits in byte (8) plus 1 for overhead. so 1024/9 ~ 114kB/s. So if you are getting 106kB/s (850 divided by 8) it's perfectly normal because 1 megabit upstream is the max speed of ADSL and you won't probably live next door to the ADSL central hub.
cable / adsl with download more than 4096 kbits

ADSL 8mbit/2mbit
I'm on my uni line. The current record here is 8MBp/s. My own record is only 6MBp/s and it can drop to insanely low ammounts when the buttmuch down the hall starts up bit torrent D:
I have optic fibre, 10Mbit up, 10Mbit down. Very reliable, and I usually clock the connection at 12Mbit+ either way. I have digital TV and 2-channel IP telephone on the same fibre. Unlimited phone usage, no traffic restrictions and 100Mb webspace. All this for approx. 127Euro per month.
This is in Norway, btw.
288 Kbps Upstream, 1152 Kbps Downstream

With e7even and had one day downtime in a year and they also gave us two weeks free for that The only problem is I'm connected via a router with a brother who has about a thousand things running on the net Usually just pop up the stairs and pull the plug on him He just thinks the nets broken

Keiran

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG