The online racing simulator
Anti Aliasing with nVidia 8800GTS not working
I have serched this forum but found no solution that helps me

The problem is that I can apply AA and anisotropic filtering specifically for Live For Speed in the nVidia Contyrol Panel but when entering the LFS game all lines are still ugly

I have tried reinstalling the GPU driver, change resoltion in game and monitor but nothing helps. On my old system with a ATI 850XT the AA works fine

My system is Asus MB P5K, E6850 processor, Inno3D 320MB GPU and 2GB of Corsair RAM

Any suggestions to solve my problem, please ??????
does it work if you set it in the global settings ? the nvidia profile settings only work half the time from my experience
make sure you set the option in the control panel to override or enhance .
Also, could you try to adjust your global profile instead of a specific game profile, would help the troubleshooting a lot.

btw, I have a 8800gts as well, and it works fine here with the latest beta drivers, so it has to be a setting error.
#4 - eindh
I've ended using RivaTuner also for the profile management...
I just set global settings and still it dosen't work.

My setting are as follows:

Anisotropic = 4x
AA Gamma = On
AA Mode = Override any application setting (have tried enhance also)
AA Settings = 8x
AA Trans. = Multi
Conformant tex. = Use hardware
Error rep. = Off
Extension limit = Off
Force mipmaps = Trilinear
Multidisplay = Single display.....
Text. filtering = Off
Text. filtering negative... = Allow
Text. filtering - Quality = High q...
Text filtering - trilinear = Off
Threaded opt. = Auto
Triple buff. = On
Vertical sync. = Force off.

The driver (GeForce video) is no. 162.22 (7.15.11.6222). The file is called: 162.22_forceware_winvista_32bit_english_whql.exe

So that was it and the same tried in Program Setting without any difference. Do you have any suggestions ???
Quote from Borgbjerg DK :
Text. filtering negative... = Allow

Change that to "Clamp". It solved my nVidia ugliness problems last week (moire effects on fences, kerbs and other repeating patterned textures).
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

It solved the problem - great

Thanks a LOT :bowdown:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG