The online racing simulator
Phew, that was ton of fun, shirt is completely wet

Thanks to all, was great evening, hope to see you next Wednesday too
-
(Renku) DELETED by Renku
LX event today again, last of the year: LX4 @ South City Chicane Route Reversed.
Additional information can be found here. Two aliens already present, save your spot - 30 minutes to start!
Looks good, I`ll join in if I got time for it. I got close to no experience in the LX car, but I find the funny and rewarding to drive with
since we seem to have lost a lot of the regulars joining the lx events i thought it's time to bump this thread again. to not make this just a spam post:

what would need to be different to make you join?
would you rather like something more serious? drive for points and crown the best lx racer monthly?
announcing combo's for the actual week earlier? or even announce all the combos for the full month?
would you like to have it on different days? every 5. or every 8. day for example
or would you want to start earlier/later then we do right now? (18.30 UTC atm)

thats all the questions i have for now, i am open for any discussions or suggestions, so go ahead if you think there could be something done different or in a better way.

we will race on LX6, AS4 reverse this week, you will always find the combo for the actual week in the leagues and events part of the forum, if you want to get a reminder for new posts (that will mostly be the combo for the week) subscribe to the thread there. http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=33952
What prevents me from joining is the fact that the races are during the week. Due to the time zone difference, the races take place before I even take lunch at work.

My suggestion is obvious.....schedule the races for weekends and I'm sure you'll have a bigger crowd showing up.
18:30 UTC a bit early for me, I must make sure the kids are asleep in bed before I start racing if I want to complete a race! I'm usually lucky when I can get online for the last race...
My suggestions / remarks:
Reintroduction of the LRF class on CTRA race 2 has spread the already thin audience for this event.
Maybe attracting new blood would work? If one of you fast guys (not me obviously) could post a good base setup for the oncoming event it may attract newbies who could be trained into competitors (and I would get some opponents to fight a few decades off pace )
#184 - xtm
I've recently come back to lfs, after years of playing once a month on the mouse, now i finaly have a wheel, yay! Started off with an all time classic XFG, and then moved to TBO and LX6 after I got my silver on CTRA. And what can I say, LX6 is a beast and i love it!

One question though. Im using a g25 with 720* of lock, and I got a bit of a problem when it comes to correcting big slides (i.e. the ones that require you to change hands on the wheel). After the countersteer maneuver, I find that I very often cannot turn the wheel back to central position fast enough to prevent the car from slingshotting into the other direction.
I can do it alright with other heavier rwd, but damn LX6 is so light and twitchy, it just swings it rear to the opposite side.

What's my problem? Do I just need to learn to turn the wheel quickly and with better timing? or maybe decrease the steering lock (not the one in the car, but the one on the wheel?)
cheers
Quote from xtm :What's my problem? Do I just need to learn to turn the wheel quickly and with better timing? or maybe decrease the steering lock (not the one in the car, but the one on the wheel?)
cheers

It's the old problem of the FFB motors in the wheel being too slow. There is not much you can do really, except reduce the lock of the wheel and try not get the car out of control
No it's not really due to the FFB motor's, as he is talking about the part where you straighten the wheel back up after a slide.

I mean, yes, you have to help the FFB motor's countersteer fast enough, but you want to aim to start straightening the wheel back up ASAP before the car has actually straightened, if you are too late then what you described happens. It's more about getting a feel for the car than speed.
I have G25 at 720 degrees and I don't have problems with LX6. You just need practice and do it like DaveWS explained.
Yesterday I drove the LX6 for few hours, and noticed how hard it really can be correct sudden slides. One hand on the shifter and one wheel on grass = one frokki less in the race . I haven't noticed such a thing with other cars.
Quote from frokki :Yesterday I drove the LX6 for few hours, and noticed how hard it really can be correct sudden slides. One hand on the shifter and one wheel on grass = one frokki less in the race . I haven't noticed such a thing with other cars.

Seems your LX6 set is at fault.

I used to get my sets for "fast" people and hated every second of racing with those. Then I started making my own, quite realistic sets, and currently I'm enjoying the beauty of RAC and LX6 more the any other class.

I'll post my LX6 set once I get off work. Someone might like it.
#190 - xtm
Quote from gohfeld23 :

I used to get my sets for "fast" people and hated every second of racing with those. Then I started making my own, quite realistic sets, and currently I'm enjoying the beauty of RAC and LX6 more the any other class.

I'll post my LX6 set once I get off work. Someone might like it.

I would love to give it a try, i'm still looking for a set that is reasonably fast, but you don't have to crap your pants every time you step down on the gas in corner exits.
This one is quite stable imo. Avoid SO Classic though, doesn't like the dip ;o
Attached files
LX6_base-nai.set - 132 B - 907 views
Here's mine.
Stable, predictable and loves dips (esp. if you use CamLevel...oh what joy)

Enjoy and report back
Attached files
LX6_Base_set.set - 132 B - 869 views
just a reminder for those of you who do not follow the other thread: we will start one hour later with our LX event at volvolandia today (19.30 UTC), we had almost no racers the last few weeks and i thought it's maybe worth a try since i saw some people complaining that the starting time is to early.

combo will be lx6 on ky2r, more infos there: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=33952
time to dig up this thread again

If you like the LX cars and want to commit to a league now it's the time, "The LX only Cup" is about to start in May this year. Prepare yourself for some action packed races and lots of fun together with other LX addicts. Sign-Up is free for all but the slots are limited (there will be a reserve list once the initial slots are full), so stop thinking, go to the website and sign up.

all the infos you need you get there:

http://lxo.musicbit.ch
http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=199
I hate to dig up dead threads, but I'm really curious where all the LX racers went, we're doing weekly LX racing on Thursday evenings (18.30utc, more infos in my sig) and really struggle with not to many people joining. Anything that could be done better? Another day of the week? Start later/earlier?

I would love to get some comments from People interested in LX racing but unable (for whatever reasons) to join our weekly events.
Personnally I wish I could have joined more the last few weeks, but it clashed often with the Pro Series. Also, that would be better for me(yes, that's just my egoist opinion:shy to start 30 minutes earlier or so.

Anyway, keep it up, LX racers are not dead yet, some of them just felt asleep, but if we are loud enough, we might wake them up !
Change the day! Thursday is the dMr long race day, and we don't see you there anymore fighting with Venca
I'll try to join, but I am very slow and without any practice. Maybe I'll get some other racers too with me
err.. so it's on Wednesday or Thursday? :-/
Quote from Michalxo :I'll try to join, but I am very slow and without any practice. Maybe I'll get some other racers too with me
err.. so it's on Wednesday or Thursday? :-/

Just look at his sig...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG