The online racing simulator
wi-fi signal booster
(10 posts, started )
wi-fi signal booster
For those of you that use wi-fi, I do, and sometimes struggle with signal, I do, I sorted out this parabola template for you to use.

I found the original idea and template here > http://www.freeantennas.com/projects/template/index.html

I redrew the parabola and tidied it up ALOT, added a nice little LFS logo and made it into a good quality PDF file, it's VERY easy to make and all you need is some tin-foil and some card/heavy paper to print it on.

Seems to make a fair difference, well worth a try, only takes 10mins to make

Dan,
Attached files
ant.pdf - 129 KB - 163 views
Any luck on using this on the client-side? I've somewhat solved my issues at home initially using an Advanced Chinese Cookware solution but resorted to a Amateur Middle-Eastern Percussion Instrument for better looks and practicality. Both of which helped the USB dongle quite a bit (+10 db with some "finetuning", i.e. pushing the dumbek around with my foot).
LOL, yeah, you can stick it on the aerial client side aswell
#4 - P1lot
Excellent idea, a cheap homemade alternative to expensive aerials. I'd never thought of this, cheers Dan.

I made two this evening; one for the router and one for the client dongle - taped kitchen foil onto card.
...........Signal...Noise...S/N
Before..-63dB...-90dB...30
After....-47dB...-95dB...48

I've always had a problem with our wireless PC, I put it down to the hotwater tank nearly being in the line of sight. I could never get them talking using WPA2, only worked when using WEP encryption. I'll have to try WPA2 again.

Though it will probably reduce the connection to the Wii downstairs
Attached images
Picture(71).jpg
Nice one Gav, looks pretty cool, did it make much difference? (TBH, I am no wi-fi genius, and the s/n ratios mean squat to me!! )
I made one for my router, because my missus was always complaining that the laptops signal was "poor" in the lounge, now it's always "good" or above.
nice... though you can buy them signal boosters pre made for like 20 euro... i wonder if they actually work cause i cant get my linksus router to work ( 200 euro gone to waste )
Give it more juice and never worry your coffee going cold.
Quote from danowat :TBH, I am no wi-fi genius, and the s/n ratios mean squat to me!!

they dont mean squat to anyone since theryre all in completely wrong nonexistant units (must be a british imperial thing )
#9 - JTbo
Laptop finds signal being 2% stronger when I put such thing to antenna of router that is 2m away, but then again laptop sees signal to be 35% without one and same 2m away from router.

Some program that would show signal and noise levels in realtime would be nice, stupid driver has not any functions at all.
Quote from xaotik :Any luck on using this on the client-side?

I remember hearing that a decent directional antenna can be made with a length of copper wire and a Pringles tube.

Here
it is! And a Cantenna!

wi-fi signal booster
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG