The online racing simulator
Dyin For New Cars
(75 posts, started )
Dyin For New Cars
ok i really love lfs and i play it just about every day as long as i can but im kinda starting to get bored with the cars in the game. we need some new cars and a bigger variaty of cars. like some older cars like mustangs and chargers or some old stingrays. and maybe some dirt cars like trophy trucks and rally cars. or at very least some more types of cars because most of the cars in the game are just souped up versions of the other cars and it really makes the selection of cars in the game very boring.what do you guys think.
Are you serious? From your LFSWorld stats, you haven't even touched the tip of the iceberg. There are way more than plenty car and track combos that exist. Just try something different, like the FOX, or TBO cars at South city.
You've only completed 10 races...?
lol there have been people here for years that have never made a thread asking for new cars.
LMAO, greatest thread ever.

God bless lfsworls stats to cleaer things up for us. This thread could have got bad otherwise.
:doh:
:sadbanana
:expressio
Finally, an original suggestion!
You owe me a brand new Sarcasmometer.
No, you can't have them. Eating chocolate helps you to recover from this defeat and misery.
-
(simscube) DELETED by simscube
Quote from simscube :but he does have a point, almost all of the cars are just variations of the other cars (XRG, XRT, XRR just to name one case of model overuse)

and yet they are dramatically different cars to drive.
Yep, if the XRs didn't look like sisters you'd have no clue they had the same mother, even if you dated all three consecutively.

OK, we do actually need (or would definitely appreciate) something with a V8. Perhaps two things with a V8. But starting yet another "I want" thread really wasn't necessary. There are plenty in existence over in the right section and they've all had thousands of views and responses. Really, you'd have to be living under a rock not to know that lots of LFS users would like more cars
Quote :Join Date: Jun 2007

No, the selection of cars is not boring to me. I've been doing it for years and there are still cars that I have never driven.

Some cars I'm more interested in than others, but that is largely dependent on which car/track combos are popular online, or some league event that I've joined.

I get the feeling the OP hasn't really dug deep enough to be able to appreciate the characteristics of each car, but then again, I wouldn't know, maybe he does it all offline.

About the "are just variations of the other cars" comment: yes, they are, aren't they, all have 4 wheels, an engine, a spot for the driver to sit, and some kind of linkage to steer the front wheels.

How about rear wheel steering? Or a hovercraft? Now, THAT would be different.

Btw, love your avatar, Hankstar.

Ok, I admit, there are silly bits in my post. Sorry....
dont worry , this is still a beta game... theres new features and cars gonna be comming in the future... just wait and see
#17 - Jakg
Actually it's alpha, and after trying most combo's in LFS, i've still yet to touch SO, AS or KY.

I find it funny i'm still learning new stuff after 31 THOUSAND miles and your bored after 387, you've done 100 TIMES less mileage than me.
well i cant blame him... very hard to get a good race on lfs now... back when i joined a couple of months back there where more servers and less retards now... your lucky to make it off the start line without your car being wreaked
Quote from theirishnoob :back when i joined a couple of months back

Ah, them Good Old Days.

That reminds me of the Terry Pratchett story about the mayflies over the pond - old mayflies saying things to the extent of "man... back when I was young... that mule over there - it was just five yards up the path, so much better back then".
#20 - Jakg
I don't know what your on about, there are as many servers as the playerbase allows, and that grows every day.

TBH if someone always gets "wrecked" off the line while everyone else is off having fun racing, could the fault be closer to home?
Quote from iluuv2sk8 :ok i really love lfs and i play it just about every day as long as i can but im kinda starting to get bored with the cars in the game. we need some new cars and a bigger variaty of cars. like some older cars like mustangs and chargers or some old stingrays. and maybe some dirt cars like trophy trucks and rally cars. or at very least some more types of cars because most of the cars in the game are just souped up versions of the other cars and it really makes the selection of cars in the game very boring.what do you guys think.

As people say, if you are tired of the cars and tracks, make sure that you are driving, or have tested all combos and all cars.

You just have to wait for new stuff to be released, but I don`t belive it will happen in the nearest future tho..
Well, in patch y new gtr interiors and a south city overhaul are planned, so it isn't THAT bad.
#23 - Jakg
That won't make it "new" cars though, will it?
Quote from Fabri91 :Well, in patch y new gtr interiors and a south city overhaul are planned, so it isn't THAT bad.

I couldn`t really care for new interiors, I use chase view :rolleyes:
Quote from The Very End :I couldn`t really care for new interiors, I use chase view :rolleyes:

Oh, nobody's told you? Cockpitview will be the only view available as of patch Y

Dyin For New Cars
(75 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG