The online racing simulator
Track-Vehicle Combo's you love
(40 posts, started )
Tonight I have come across a beautiful track-car combo: AS Grand Prix with the FOX. I've instantly fallen in love with this sweeping, speeding, flowing track all over again. So it made me think. If you could make a non-LFS racer play on one track, which would it be, and with which vehicle?

I've still not raced all the combinations (and I'm sure that there are plenty of other people who havent), and I'm sure we're missing out on some dynamite tracks-car combo's, so you've also got to convince me why I should bother spending time on your chosen combination. Maybe we'll all find a new love, all over again

Go go gadget helicopter!
#2 - (SaM)
The FXO GT feels incredibly great on So Long, I'd say. The sense of control and speed is great there, plus, it's a FWD car making it easier to stay on the track and South City is a city track wich will be recognized and enjoyed by people new to simulators, people that played alot of normal racing games.
FXR + Aston Historic is soo relaxing.
Quote from Stellios :FXR + Aston Historic is soo relaxing.

Dang, you beat me to it. Also the FOX at AS Historic is great.
XF on Blackwood
Pretty much anything on Aston Historic Reversed, but Raceabout and LX4 are my favourites there.
Kyoto GP in the FZR... You can make that car go round the turns and slip and slide like nobody's business and be fast doing it too.
MRT5 + Autocross (GP Karting layout)

More seriously, I'm not sure that I'd want to let a non-LFS player race on some of my favourite combos, I'd pick an easy one for them to get the hang of it.

Some of my favourite combos? KY GP Long is a great track in the faster cars (GTR, FO X/8), Historic too has a great buzz to it. Fern Bay Black (+Rev) still holds a special place for me, if not more so since it doesn't seem so damn long anymore. That's good in most cars too. LX4 in particular is nice there.
There are a lot, but FE Black rev-GTT is unforgotable for me
A couple:

Fern Bay gold rev with the FOX
kyoto national rev with XFR
Aston national rev with the fox and fzr (much better than normal national)
SO City long rev with Fox.

If only they were more popular (the second was was very popular though)
My housemates are loving Fox on SO Town believe it or not They didn't like KY NAtional though :S
GTT, SO long. The. Best. Combo. Ever.
i enjoy racing the fwd gtrs on fe club rev (or actually any car with some lift off oversteer)
Blackwood + XFG --the classic. No better feeling than running the chincane flat-out, and knowing you did it perfectly because you can shift right into 4th gear without waiting.

Westhill + FOX --The ego-booster. You barely have to ever touch the brakes, it's just one long pedal-to-the-metal thrash in 5th and 6th gear with just enough slow bits to keep you interested. Not the most technically challenging combo, but it feels great.

FXR + AS Historic --nothing special here, it's just a fun track in a fun car. Love those sweeping turns through the hills.

BL-RallyX + RB4 --because rallying is awesome.

BL-RallyX + FO8 --because it's silly, and with practice actually works suprisingly well.
depends how hard you lift

XRR @ AS historic
LX4 @ fern bay gold
UF1000 @ AS cadet
XFG @ blackwood

the RB4 is pretty fun at historic too, treads or slicks it's a killer track for balancing on the limit, with enough technicalities to make it a challenge, and THAT chicane, Eric should be proud!
I love the ferny bay rallyx in the lx6
In no particular order

XFG @ BLGP
FZ5 @ AS National
FOX @ AS Historic and Koyoto GP
FXO @ any of the SO tracks
UF1 @ AS Club
FZ5 or FXO @ WE Int.
I'm with Bob on the MRT @ autocross circuits can be a blast
#18 - axus
I like some combo's that don't really work so well because they are more challenging.

Non-downforce cars @ Westhill & Kyoto GP Long
FO8 @ South City Spirit 1
FXO @ South City Long/Town
FZ5 @ South City Classic
Big GTR's @ Aston Historic
FWD GTR's @ Aston Grand Prix
XFR & TBO's @ Blackwood

I haven't really raced it in S2 but in S1 I was a GTi @ Blackwood maniac.
Well before the OFLSL last race, I was thinking, OMG the FXO, what on earth.

Now after this race, I cannot get enough of it. I managed to create a setup that works for Town, Long, and also works well at AS Club.

So my new found love has to be the FXO. Yes Yes, I know, its still a girly FWD
#20 - avih
Aston national/historic/gp with FZR/FOX/FO8
South City tracks with MRT/FOX
Westhill with FO8
FE Green with RAC
Kyoto tracks (excluding oval) with FOX/FO8

it's a shame really that the MRT isn't used more in S2. in S1 it was the "badest" car, and in s2 it handles very well IMHO but nearly no one drives it.

FZR is a cool car for open wide tracks in general, same goes for FO8 although it usually creates mayhem on the grid . FOX is just a great car for more technical tracks.

I've nearly never use the UFR/XFR although they're great too. in fact, there are so many possible combos and not enough racers (admittedly) to have all of them "covered". a shame really since LFS isn't fully used online, at least on public servers.
avih... I'd encourage finding a league with the xfr/ufr combo, you really do get some great racing. Don't think it would really happen on a public server though, they take time to setup for the race etc...
My Favorits:

FXR - FE Green
FOX GTR - AS GP/Classic
GTI - AS Club/SS Sprint1
RB4 - SS long/Rally and custom tracks
#23 - mr_x
UF1 @ AS Cadet
XF GTR @ AS Club
#24 - axus
Quote from Fordman :Well before the OFLSL last race, I was thinking, OMG the FXO, what on earth.

Now after this race, I cannot get enough of it. I managed to create a setup that works for Town, Long, and also works well at AS Club.

So my new found love has to be the FXO. Yes Yes, I know, its still a girly FWD

Dunno what there is about it but FWD seems kinda attractive nowadays. Because you have to fight it to be fast and it gives this "being shot at" addrenalin rush.
i love:
FE Club/rev. /w uf1/xfg
AS Cadet/rev, /w uf1/xfg

but i don't really have so much time to enjoy otehr cars and combis

(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG