The online racing simulator
FPS rate, under 10 :(
(39 posts, started )
So I reinstalled my windows yesterday and after that installed all drivers... Before reinstallation I had 60fps now I have less then 10fps ... I downloaded new copy of LFS tried it and same again, less then 10fps. If someone knows what could be the problem please reply!

Thanks
Incorrect graphics drivers, probably. If you're using the windows default ones, this is probably the case.
Quote from the_angry_angel :Incorrect graphics drivers, probably. If you're using the windows default ones, this is probably the case.

No I've got Nvidia drivers, I got them with my graphic card so I installed them...
You installed your chipset drivers, right? Also, you might want to try turning on VSync in the game.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :You installed your chipset drivers, right? Also, you might want to try turning on VSync in the game.

Installed chipset drivers,VSync is already on... ((
lowwer th e specs on the game ( e.g taking tyre makes away shadows etc ) ive done it now my pc gets 50-52.5 fps ( and its about 2 years old )
Quote from theirishnoob :lowwer th e specs on the game ( e.g taking tyre makes away shadows etc ) ive done it now my pc gets 50-52.5 fps ( and its about 2 years old )

did you not read his post? He said that before he would get about 60FPS, but now he gets 10. So obviously its not a detail problem, its something deeper.
hmm could be the comp itself not the game... scan for spywares and stuff and see if theirs anything hampering your pc's performance
Quote from theirishnoob :hmm could be the comp itself not the game... scan for spywares and stuff and see if theirs anything hampering your pc's performance

It can't be because I formated HDD .

I've put all details on minimum and resolution on 640X480 and I have around 50fps which is not bad but it looks awful.
turn off AA and AF maybe that helps
Quote from Milanche :VSync is already on... ((

I doubt it's the solution to your prob , but having V-Sync on isn't going to help your frame rate. Turn it off.
Wow, people really don't grasp the context written in posts, do they?

You used the disk that you got with the gfx card? I would download and install the latest driver available from nVidia. Also, if you didn't already do it, be sure to install the latest directX version. Formatting and reinstalling windows probably installed an old version of directX.

If it is an older PC, I've found that I had to turn the hardware acceleration down a click (desktop properties>settings tab>advanced>troubleshoot, there is a slider for hardware acceleration). You could have had this turned down before and it defaulted to full after the reinstall.

Reinstalling windows will put a crapload of garbage in your process list. You have to disable all that crap that windows starts up. Most PC's and/or windows installations out of the box I've seen with 40-60 processes running. I have mine cut down to 21.

Just a few things, I'm far from an expert. But apparently more of an expert than Compaq's "expert" technicians since I had a framerate issue when I bought mine and all I could say when I talked to their technicians is "Already did that. Already did that too. Been there done that...." No help whatsoever they were.
i just guess some stuff since u havent posted what uve tried yet.

in the bios, check if AGP accleration is enabled.
in the bios, set AGP aperture size to 50% of ur GPU ram.

try the newest forceware drivers for ur card.
i just guess your RAM is overflooded with it, maybe a second ram will help ?

if u are running 512mb RAM a second 512 RAM card will work ?
Quote from nitrox1935 :i just guess your RAM is overflooded with it, maybe a second ram will help ?

if u are running 512mb RAM a second 512 RAM card will work ?

It's got nothing to do with ram at all. He used to get 60fps, now he gets 10fps. Its a setting somewhere that's been changed since he reinstalled windows.

I know your only trying to help, but when you obviously haven't a clue what your talking about then your better off saying nothing.
Thank you all for your posts/advices.

I installed the newest drivers for my graphic card and FPS jumped on 30 in 1280X1024 resolution which is not that bad.

I will try to turn off all windows processes that I don't need and see what's going to happen.

EDIT: As I turned of around 15 process and cut it down only on 24, it wasn't much improvment in LFS. But I turned off Vsync and AA and AF and I got 65-75fps in 1280X1024, which is even better then it was before.

Once again Thank you for you posts/advices!
framerate drop
i've changed nothing else, but installed my new purchase: bioshock
during install it did a direct x component update
since my framerate dropped from 90 in hotlapping mode to 40
and no way playing multiplayer since its below 10
I changed zdepth to 16 and run in 98 compatibility mode and its playable but still low
now I dont know which one did the framerate upgrade and im too lazy to test. still im hoping for a lfs engine fix cause i think its a dx related thing

EDIT: this happened with bioshock demo too. fixed when i uninstalled it.
Quote from Milanche : But I turned off Vsync and AA and AF and I got 65-75fps in 1280X1024, which is even better then it was before.

Great news

What GFX card do you have? You may well be able to add a little AA/AF back on without too much performance hit. (i can turn AA/AF up on my pretty average system and it makes no difference to FPS at all)
#20 - Jakg
AA makes a big difference to FPS, but AF seems to make VERY little difference - even 2xAA makes it look worlds better without having a mega FPS kill.
Quote from The Moose :Great news

What GFX card do you have? You may well be able to add a little AA/AF back on without too much performance hit. (i can turn AA/AF up on my pretty average system and it makes no difference to FPS at all)

My graphic card is nvidia Gforce 6800 (something like that, I know it end with 6800 and it starts with nvidia). I'm not that bothered about quality I'm more for performance . But if it won't ruin my graphic card performance(at the momment) I'll turn it on .
I'd give it a go then

I'm running a 6800GS with 2xQAA/16xAF and it makes virtually no difference to my FPS, but looks lovely compared to no AA/AF. (Thats with a Athlon64 3200)

I'm wondering what processor you have, as i get well into the mid 100's FPS in hotlapping mode, and it never really drops below 60 in a multiplayer race. (I actually have the FPS capped at 60 now, i don't see the point of having any more, its smooth as silk)
Hi there dudes, I wanna get sure that my FPS are normal for my system, these are my system specs:

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 1.60GHz
Ram: 256mb
DirectX: 8.1
Video Card: ATI Radeon 7000 (64mb)

My LFS has the lowest settings that my brain is able to handle, the point is that I only get 24 fps when my car is alone in the track (Cockpit view), Is that normal?

[@Milanche: I hope you dont mind about me asking this, but I didn't create a new thread.]
Sounds about right, your CPU is uber shit. Low amount of RAM and a sketchy GPU doesn't help the situation either. Theres not really much you can do about that other then upgrade hardware.
~Bryan~
no its not i dont think, i got that with my pIII 1ghz with 256 ram and no gpu. But setting make a lot of differnece.

(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG