The online racing simulator
FPS rate, under 10 :(
(39 posts, started )
Maybe your Hard Drive access? I find when I reinstall windows 2k it changes my HDD drive access to PIO mode and I then have to change it do DMA.
It made a big difference with Logic Audio and loading loads of wave samples from hdd (I could use 16 separate channels for wave before it lagged with DMA enabled rather than 4)

I don't know but, laggy hard drive could drop the fps by not streaming the data fast enough and seeing as your computer is pretty old i'm guessing your virtual memory is working overtime

i heard that the highest fps our eyes can proces is only 24 anyway, so what the point of haveing any more.
Quote from Blas89 :Hi there dudes, I wanna get sure that my FPS are normal for my system, these are my system specs:

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 1.60GHz
Ram: 256mb
DirectX: 8.1
Video Card: ATI Radeon 7000 (64mb)

It's a pretty poor spec PC, but you should definitely get the DirectX updated to the latest version. You are way behind times with that. 9.0c is the latest version.

Looks old enough that ram would be dirt cheap for that thing. You could add more RAM for pennies (well, for pennies in the US, so going by Jakg's logic, free anywhere else? hehehe)
#29 - Jakg
DX10 is the latest version, mrodgers

What operating system are you running Blas? If it's XP then perhaps giving nLite a go might prove a good idea?
Quote from Stone in Focus :i heard that the highest fps our eyes can proces is only 24 anyway, so what the point of haveing any more.

That's a very old and completely incorrect statement. Especially when it concerns gaming.
I'm sure you can find a load of threads about it if you search.

(Trust me, if you cant tell the difference between 24fps and 60 fps then you need an optician:razz
Quote from Jakg :DX10 is the latest version, mrodgers

What operating system are you running Blas? If it's XP then perhaps giving nLite a go might prove a good idea?

I'll update my DX.

I'm running on XP Professional Jakg.

I'm thinking about buying a new RAM but I don't have enough money right now...

Edit: Btw, do You think I need both SP1 and SP2?
Quote from The Moose :I'd give it a go then

I'm running a 6800GS with 2xQAA/16xAF and it makes virtually no difference to my FPS, but looks lovely compared to no AA/AF. (Thats with a Athlon64 3200)

I'm wondering what processor you have, as i get well into the mid 100's FPS in hotlapping mode, and it never really drops below 60 in a multiplayer race. (I actually have the FPS capped at 60 now, i don't see the point of having any more, its smooth as silk)

It is Intel pentium 2.8 .
Quote from Milanche :It is Intel pentium 2.8 .

Did you try some AA/AF? Did it make much difference?
My mistake, Jakg, I forget about Dx10 since I'm so far from ever being Dx10 compatible. I'm pretty sure it can make a difference between running DX8.x or DX9.x, even if you are only running DX8 software, but does having DX10 over DX9 make a difference, even if no software uses it, or your gfx card doesn't utilize it?
#35 - Jakg
DX10 is (currently, and for all intents and purposes permanently) Vista only. If you get a rubbish FPS because your PC is slow the LAST thing you want to be using is Vista, rather an nLite'd copy of XP.

DX10 itself doesn't seem to be any quicker than DX9 for doing DX9 work, but Vista is such a performance killer it's impossible to say.
installing bioshock reduced framerate
anyone have any info on this. what could it be. I posted this earlier but received no info. the first post is on page on of this thread
-
(PioneerLv) DELETED by PioneerLv
Milanche... If your 6800GS is the AGP version you could be in luck

I have 6800GS AGP and a P4 2.8 and have very nice framerates in LFS from overclocking card/cpu and unlocking pipelines with Rivatuner.

Gimme a shout if it's the AGP, I'll help.
Problems with Vista in Full Screen
I am having FPS problems too after I installed Vista. Now the FPS is very low when in full screen mode. In windowed mode LFS runs just as fast as in XP.
Other games I have installed right now, seem to run fine.

Core2Duo 2.8GHz
Nvidia 8800GTS
2GB ram
Asus p5n-e sli

FIXED: It seems to be a FSAA problem. I switched from Supersampling 16xS to Coverage Sample 16xQ and now LFS runs fine in full screen too.

FPS rate, under 10 :(
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG