The online racing simulator
LFS forum works like old RSC?
(30 posts, started )
#1 - JTbo
Have you noticed that board seem to have bit of hiccups?

Sometimes works fine but sometimes when click on link it does say that it took too long to load page error.

Or is it just my conn?
I experience the same connection issues. My guess it's either the server location that's having problems, or Phlos having to boost his ego again and is doing some DoS shenanigans.
Same problems here, no problems on other international sites.
Can't say I've noticed it, LFS is the fastest board I visit, impressively quick
I don't have any problems, maybe its just because I am in the UK. RSC takes so long to load I just don't go there, but thats because its like 100 times the size of this forum.
Had some small hiccups the last weekend.
Looks fine atm. Np at all.
Yup, seems to work fine again.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I don't have any problems, maybe its just because I am in the UK. RSC takes so long to load I just don't go there, but thats because its like 100 times the size of this forum.

RSC moved their servers or upgraded or something recently. It's much better now.

I haven't had any problems with the LFS forums. Very fast as always.
#9 - JTbo
This problem is not due any more, earlier it timed out randomly. New RSC is indeed usable fast as is LFS board too
Yes, RSC has worked perfectly since the new server. Anyone who hasn't visited RSC because of the previous slowness should come back now.
sometimes it hiccups for me. It happened a lot on Sunday for me.
Had no issues with the LFS forum. RSC is much faster now, the original issue wasn't the webhost but some kind of issue with the vB software they were running the server itself hosted the subsites fine.
I have it sometimes, the LFS forum just refuses to run, and then come back 2 mins later and all is well.
Quote from ajp71 :Had no issues with the LFS forum. RSC is much faster now, the original issue wasn't the webhost but some kind of issue with the vB software they were running the server itself hosted the subsites fine.

Maybe the forum was located on other server? The server definitely was the issue. Now they got new one and issue is gone.
I think these issues are because of corupt dns server propergation that has been reported eslewhere have had similar issues myself with the forum and master server connection ever since I changed ISP but since manually setting the secondary DNS server on my router to the http://www.opendns.com/start/windows_xp.php dns server haven't had any further problems.
I dunno. We seem to be missing moderators that (seem to think that they) can part the Red Sea or bring back the dead or cure cancer.
Don't compare our forums to RSC. That's almost as bad as comparing LFS to NFS
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I have it sometimes, the LFS forum just refuses to run, and then come back 2 mins later and all is well.

I must remember to invoice Victor for those anti-Dustin countermeasures...
Kev, stop bitching and go back playing Civ4
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Kev, stop bitching and go back playing Civ4

Bleh, I wish. I've been working for about... 20 hours straight now. Currently no end in sight, unless I fall asleep at the keyboard. Which might actually happen.

Nuking everybody was a big fail BTW - the Egyptians had more nukes than I did plus bomb shelters in every city, which I'd neglected to build, thinking I was the only one with nukes. :dunce:
Hurray for Dustin battle techniques.

Atleast I can kill Big Daddys in 3 shots. Suck on that Mr.Kev!

I've decided I might get Bioshock next week as a reward for completing this shitty job. Assuming I finish this shitty job by next week, anyway.

I need a sausage sandwich.
I did make sausages, make the 6000 mile trip, and I'll make you some, AND even let you play Bioshock on a gift from Satan. An iMac.

Don't worry Kev, you can also try my G25 while you're here too.
#23 - JTbo
Now board works like there would be enormous rush hour, sluggish as h**l

There has not been such problems before so I guess this might be some new problems or maybe indeed some people trying to cause problems for this product's message board, who knows, but sluggish it is
Quote from Racer Y :I dunno. We seem to be missing moderators that (seem to think that they) can part the Red Sea or bring back the dead or cure cancer.

Actually I have been tinkering with necromancy of late.... but only in Oblivion
#25 - Jakg
Quote from deggis :Maybe the forum was located on other server? The server definitely was the issue. Now they got new one and issue is gone.

I remember an "anonymous benefactor" had kindly supplied them with a new server, and that this "anonymous benefactor" was closely linked to SimBin... not sure why i remember this though, as i can't find anything on it :X

(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG