The online racing simulator
The BF1
(30 posts, started )
The BF1
I know that getting licences for real cars in LFS is too expensive, so how did they get the BF1? i would of thought it would be a huge amount of money as they'd want to put the car in F106.

Did they have to pay for it and if they did how much? If the devs havent released that information then private stuff is private stuff
#2 - Jakg
The devs got it free in exchange for Intel using LFS at the Intel racing tour. All LFS cars were provided for free in exchange for other stuff.
well , in case of RAC .. i doubt anyoneof us would know about it if it wouldnt promote itself true LFS

when will they start doing buisness with mercedes
Nahh I wan't one of those racing couches
I see i heard one of the commentators say today that the drivers sit through simulators to get a feel for the track, why dont LFS do that?
Well, then maybe BMW should give the devs a nice M5 as sort of a, "thanks for your efforts."
It's a win/win situation. I mean common! Who doesn't want to race M5's?
-LoganC-
Quote from LoganC :Well, then maybe BMW should give the devs a nice M5 as sort of a, "thanks for your efforts."
-LoganC-

I want an M3...........and Cobras but thats another story.
For the "i want a car" see "car we wanna see in s3". M3 & M5 have already been requested a lot of time. But a more interesting car wich have more chances to be added is the DP1. Anyway, none of us can predict wich car will be aviable in the future, we can just hope. The most we can do is promote the game so some car manufacturer will maybe interested into putting there own car in game
Doesn't one of the Devs own a M3 and arrived at a LFS meet-up in it and gave a lucky LFS player a spin in it? Talk about win/win
cars actualy are similar to real ones .. FXO - astra coupe , XRT porshe 944 , rb4 toyota supra ... but a real licenced car makes u feel good when u drive it
#11 - Gunn
Quote from LoganC :Well, then maybe BMW should give the devs a nice M5 as sort of a, "thanks for your efforts."
-LoganC-

I think our BF1 was a product a of a deal with Sauber, not BMW per se. Now the team is fully owned by BMW but back when the BF1 was added to LFS BMW were only engine suppliers to Sauber.
This discussion is getting old, We should enjoy what we have, and If more comes along, it'll be a nice surprise.
Quote from Gunn :I think our BF1 was a product a of a deal with Sauber, not BMW per se. Now the team is fully owned by BMW but back when the BF1 was added to LFS BMW were only engine suppliers to Sauber.

wrong, it was part of a deal with intel, and therefor BMW.
-
(510N3D) DELETED by 510N3D
Quote from blackcarmafia :cars actualy are similar to real ones .. FXO - astra coupe , XRT porshe 944 , rb4 toyota supra ... but a real licenced car makes u feel good when u drive it

FXO - civic coupe
XRT - mitubishi starion
RB4 - Toyota Celica....
FZ5 - Porsche 911
RAC - raceabout...
I dont know how you see a 944 or a Supra...or even a astra there...
#15 - Jakg
#16 - Gunn
Quote from Vykos69 :wrong, it was part of a deal with intel, and therefor BMW.

So you are saying that Intel gave LFS the rights to include Sauber's car design in the sim on behalf of BMW who incidentally didn't own the rights to the car design either? I would have thought that Sauber had the last say in that. It isn't very clear at all.
-LoganC-

Who wants to race a car that automatically stops when it overheats?

Is the BF1 going to be updated someday?
Quote from Gunn :So you are saying that Intel gave LFS the rights to include Sauber's car design in the sim on behalf of BMW who incidentally didn't own the rights to the car design either? I would have thought that Sauber had the last say in that. It isn't very clear at all.

I say it was on the drive of intel, who have a longtime partnership with BMW, that the devs got the right from BMW to include the BMW Sauber F1.06 into the game. Sauber was bought by BMW at that time already.
I wonder if there will be a BF1 2007 edition.
Not much difference anyway, besides the aerodynamics updates. (i think)
I just cant drive the Sauber properly with the mouse, so im holding off BF1 races until i get a wheel in October, after my Major Exams.
Quote from Gunn :So you are saying that Intel gave LFS the rights to include Sauber's car design in the sim on behalf of BMW who incidentally didn't own the rights to the car design either? I would have thought that Sauber had the last say in that. It isn't very clear at all.

Firstly BMW never supplied engines to Sauber.
Ferrari supplied them up untill January 2006 when BMW bought the Sauber F1 team. The team became known as BMW Sauber F1 and remains as such today.

Intel are BMW's main or as it is known in the industry "Title Sponsor" and thus are actually a partner of the team rather than just normal sponsor so it isn't that hard to see why the car design was used.

BMW use LFS at their "pitlane park" exhibitions at various GP's around the world. Last year I played LFS at the park during the Brit GP, the car used was the BF1 and the track was actually a copy of Silverstone.
#23 - DeKo
Quote from Apollo Solar : Last year I played LFS at the park during the Brit GP, the car used was the BF1 and the track was actually a copy of Silverstone.

Havent heard anything about that. Sure it wasnt rfactor?
Quote from Apollo Solar :
BMW use LFS at their "pitlane park" exhibitions at various GP's around the world. Last year I played LFS at the park during the Brit GP, the car used was the BF1 and the track was actually a copy of Silverstone.

That's mostly wrong, as rfactor is used in pitlane parks...
#25 - Gunn
Quote from Apollo Solar :Firstly BMW never supplied engines to Sauber.
Ferrari supplied them up untill January 2006 when BMW bought the Sauber F1 team. The team became known as BMW Sauber F1 and remains as such today.

Intel are BMW's main or as it is known in the industry "Title Sponsor" and thus are actually a partner of the team rather than just normal sponsor so it isn't that hard to see why the car design was used.

Thanks for that info Apollo.

The BF1
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG