The online racing simulator
Uh...Any Hippies Around?
(106 posts, started )
Uh...Any Hippies Around?
Lately I've been feeling like I'm the only reefer tokin', long hair having, hippie talking teenager around my area. I was wondering if any of you guys know any cool hippie people? Seems like they are becoming a rare species these days haha Also, what are your opinions on the hippie lifestyle/way of life? All I've been hearing is that they are stupid free-loaders that don't contribute to society
~Bryan~
Dang, you can't find any hippies in Canada? That's gotta suck. I'm OK with hippies, I guess, they seem mostly harmless. Better than the VW, Starbucks, Ipod people, that's for sure.
Quote :All I've been hearing is that they are stupid free-loaders that don't contribute to society

Nixon isn't your flatmate is he?
Ruddy tax-dodgers, lounging about all day.

How I wish for those days again, damn responsibilities
^Haha no responsibility FTW!!! But nahh I live with my parents (Not the no-life 20 year olds) I'm only 15 and my hippie hair will be gone for good next week, I've had it for years and I gotta cut it for the Catholic school I'm going to this year. Anybody ever have to go through such a tragic thing like that?
~Bryan~
Quote from dropin_biking :^Haha no responsibility FTW!!! But nahh I live with my parents (Not the no-life 20 year olds) I'm only 15 and my hippie hair will be gone for good next week, I've had it for years and I gotta cut it for the Catholic school I'm going to this year. Anybody ever have to go through such a tragic thing like that?
~Bryan~

I had long-ish hair when I was a kid, shaved it all off when I split up with my first proper girlfriend. Went 'round to see my mum and she said "That looks much better" - I wanted to kill myself.
Ball Bearing Turbo looks hippy-ish iirc. He looked quite cool and mean.
Quote from dropin_biking :^Haha no responsibility FTW!!! But nahh I live with my parents (Not the no-life 20 year olds) I'm only 15 and my hippie hair will be gone for good next week, I've had it for years and I gotta cut it for the Catholic school I'm going to this year. Anybody ever have to go through such a tragic thing like that?
~Bryan~

Had hair right down to the middle of my back, choped off for charity raising about £600
Wow man thats so cool to hear that you did that. My one friend Will had hair like that, it was getting hard to maintain for him so he said screw it, and raised money around the school for him to shave it and give it to cancer research (everybody hated his hair) It was a cool thing, I was thinking of doing that, but I love my hair too damn much.
~Bryan~
You must've missed my old avatar, soon to be resinstated...

Here it is, should answer your question.

I don't smoke pot anymore though...

I do drink Ribena, that's quite hippyish really.

It's a little longer than in this photo nowadays, but you get the idea.
Attached images
MSNAv.jpg
Wow BBT you are my freaking idol. You are so me in 20 years. I'll get a kickass beard thing going, long ass straight hair, probably lay of the Mary-Jane. PM me and I'll show you my uhh...'show piece'...my uh, flower vase...
~Bryan~
EDIT: There is a picture of my hair a couple months ago at our high school Caf Jam, the picture is a little weird but you get the idea how long my hair is...
Attached images
Caf Jam_8.jpg
Quote from dropin_biking : the picture is a little weird but you get the idea how long my hair is...

You call that long? Mine was touching my arse 12 months ago. One day i just had enough of it and had a grade 4. Wish I'd cut it off for charity, but it was such a snap decision i didn't think of that
I was almost a hippie - had massive hair halfway down my back when I was 17-19 but my mates and bandmates and I were mostly serving the gods of rock (Jimi, Zeppelin, Metallica).

Loads of my school mates got into acid and shrooms when they made a comeback in the early 90s. They also got into tie-dye and sweat-lodges and firestick twirling and half-arsed paganism, but I stayed allied to the darker gods (unless there was a cute hippie chick hanging around) Basically, we all just smoked way too much shit and jammed, or played SNES or slotcars until 4am most days, listening to metal or Zeppelin all night. Semi-hippies I guess, but mostly just slackers. Not much has changed actually except now we have slacker jobs instead of sponging off the government.
Mmm, funny: now I feel like some Playstation and a microwave pizza ...

Can't believe it's so hard to find hippies in Canada, damn.
Yeahh man sometimes it's nice to kick back the hippie way. I just got back from a session at my friends place, we threw on a live Hendrix CD and jammed on acoustic for hours, talking about how crazy life has gotten and what the hell happened to this generation of kids. As for the comment about my hair not being that long, it sits down my back now, and it's long compared to anything around Ontario, if I had more time it would be longer but I only started when my teenage years kicked in.
~Bryan~
Quote from Hankstar : blah.... -> Can't believe it's so hard to find hippies in Canada, damn.

Heh, you and I would've got a long great if we were teenagers at the same time in the same place!

Quote from dropin_biking :Yeahh man sometimes it's nice to kick back the hippie way. I just got back from a session at my friends place, we threw on a live Hendrix CD and jammed on acoustic for hours, talking about how crazy life has gotten and what the hell happened to this generation of kids.

Life / this planet has gotten crazy, that's for sure. Truth be told, it's actually refreshing to hear a 15yr old notice things like that.
Well yeah I'm not trying to sound like some know-it-all. I know I've only been on this earth 15 years, less then half of my parents, and the other adults around me. But I know a lot about what life was like back in the days. Kids get away with so much these days. They don't have to get jobs, their parents just let them float on air all the way through school, support their every need without them working for it. It's ridiculous! All this new generation 'gotta wear the brand name' crap is pretty anoying too. So is the "your only accepted if your good looking" I can't wait for these clueless teenagers to get too far in with their weekend partying and end up in the hospital, or get out of highschool and crumble into the hands of society[/rant]
Sorry 'bout that. I just woke up, had a rough sleep. Had to vent somehow, peace.
~Bryan~
I never grew my hair out, but there are some boys that have in my school. They don't justy look like girls from the back, they look like girls from the front too, it's really scary.
hehe, I have been a serving member of the "Hippy" community since I was old enough to make my own lifestye decisions, some 35yrs ago, brought up by coal mining stock grandparents until then, attached piccy is a couple of years old, '05, so more grey in the mop now and a totally new system to boot,

Sam
Attached images
mine 003.jpg
^OMGGG DUUDE!!!
***Warning: Stoner Thoughts Bellow***
You look just like a teacher at my highschool. Is that a freaking skull bong on your computer case? If so, much respect. I'm pretty high but man, you look straight up hippie. What kind of music you listen to man?
~Bryan~
i look like a hippie...

Quote from samarius :hehe, I have been a serving member of the "Hippy" community since I was old enough to make my own lifestye decisions, some 35yrs ago, brought up by coal mining stock grandparents until then, attached piccy is a couple of years old, '05, so more grey in the mop now and a totally new system to boot,

Sam

you look alot like my father... though his hair is shorter... :O
a 15yr old "hippie".... Most hippies I know are old enough to be your grandparent guy.
The bad thing about some hippies (not the op) is how hypocritical they can be.

They preach peace and love when as a cover to justify their fear or cowardice. They go on about things like "do your own thing" and the "communal experience" as a way to justify their morals and as a way to shrug off personal responsibility. Some are just as selfish, trendy and shortsighted as the conservative yuppie scum they hate (envy?) so much.

In that old OZZY song Believer, in one of the lyrics he sings he worships the dropouts that make their own rules. That's what I am.
Speaking of OZZY and hypocrites.

Because of my hair length, I get called a hippie a lot. but I'm not.
I'm just a free thinker (nut case) that hates barbershops
Quote from Racer Y :a 15yr old "hippie".... Most hippies I know are old enough to be your grandparent guy.
T

i never said i Was one i said i Look like one... big differance
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Heh, you and I would've got a long great if we were teenagers at the same time in the same place!

I was thinking the same, as with you as well. The three of us could have been quite the friends back then. Though, I didn't have the actual long hair ever. I just only got the hair cut now and then. Was just lazy bout getting it cut.

I am stuck in the late 60's / early 70's music wise. There really just isn't anything I ever hear that is any good nowadays. But then, I also don't have much exposure as I don't listen on the web and public radio broadcasting is very limited. Everything on public radio is the same thing over and over again, even the decent stations. The decent ones play great bands, but always the same songs.

Work is a real drag. I work in a manufacturing plant and we get one radio station. "All hits of the 70's, 80's, 90's, and today!" as they say. It's basically a CD compiled and played over and over again. You can set your watch to the music. What time is it? Oh, Kelly Clarkston is on, must be 10:33. If I hear Avril Lavine one more time, I'm going to puke. From the looks of her a few years back, as well as her singing on the MTV Metallica tribute (think she sung Fuel) I had high hopes for her. But she went the Christina Aguilera route where a producer/writer does the song and she just sings. Songs to sell rather than songs with meaning. I'd like to know where the 70's is. Occasionally, they will play an old Elton John or something, but then it's back to an hour of current hit garbage.

Story: I'm flipping through radio stations on the TV satellite one day with my daughter, then 4, sitting playing playdoh at the table. I'm stopping on Kiss, AC/DC, old Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, etc, asking her if she likes any of it. No... no... no... I find some Metallica playing (stuff you don't hear on the normal radio) and I look over and she's headbanging to it! AWESOME!!! "You like that?" "Yeah! I like that dad!" Ha! When she was an infant, she had colic and I had many late nights at 4 am rocking her to get her to sleep and would watch VH1 (a music TV channel) and they were always playing some show about Metallica (concert with the San Francisco Orchestra was the absolute best). So, I do think that stuff in a person's life can indeed be influenced by picking it up as a month old infant. That was the only time she was subjected to Metallica.
Great, so now we find out that Mike plays Barbies to Metallica...

Actually, thinking of that, it might be true, seeing I have very much the same musical tastes as my mom (U2, Ozzy, AC/DC).

Uh...Any Hippies Around?
(106 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG