The online racing simulator
Quote from T-RonX :I'm working on version 1.3 which is based on version 1.2 (which i never released because of a bug i couldn't fix) and rewrote the core of it.

Obviously it will be Z25 compatible and will have some very nice features like requesting a packet directly instead of calling an event. All flags will be pre-parsed, and finally it will have UTF-8 support.

That sounds actually very fantastic, especially for my applications I intend on writing.

Quote from T-RonX :I'm working on version 1.3 which is based on version 1.2 (which i never released because of a bug i couldn't fix) and rewrote the core of it.

Obviously it will be Z25 compatible and will have some very nice features like requesting a packet directly instead of calling an event. All flags will be pre-parsed, and finally it will have UTF-8 support.

Awesome! I can finally get rid of some files in the folder, made for the only purpose to store special characters in case I need the insim hosted on other PC ...I hope?
#378 - gru
not sure if it was reported already
there is bug in 1.1.1.4, button text is limited to 64 chars (it should allow 240), sending longer text throws exception (method Send_BTN_CreateButton)
Og.flags
I just don't understand how to use the flags. I posted this here some time ago and got a few replies... thanks so far! But it just won't work for me
If I try:

If (og.Flags [B]&[/B] Flags.OutGaugeFlags.OG_PITSPEED) > 0 Then
MsgBox("ON")
Else
MsgBox("OFF")
End If

or

If (og.Flags [B]&[/B] Flags.OutGaugeFlags.OG_PITSPEED) = True Then
MsgBox("ON")
Else
MsgBox("OFF")
End If

I ALWAYS get a MsgBox telling me the pitspeed limiter is ON...

If I try:

If (og.Flags [B]And[/B] Flags.OutGaugeFlags.OG_PITSPEED) > 0 Then
MsgBox("ON")
Else
MsgBox("OFF")
End If

or

If (og.Flags [B]And[/B] Flags.OutGaugeFlags.OG_PITSPEED) = True Then
MsgBox("ON")
Else
MsgBox("OFF")
End If

I ALWAYS get a MsgBox telling me the pitspeed limiter is OFF...

Please help me

EDIT: I've tested this with Z28 and the BF1 so there isn't ABS or something like that^^

EDIT2:

If (og.Flags [B]&[/B] Flags.OutGaugeFlags.OG_PITSPEED) = Flags.OutGaugeFlags.OG_PITSPEED Then
MsgBox("ON")
Else
MsgBox("OFF")
End If

ALWAYS leads to "OFF" no matter whether "&" or "And"

MfG Reese
I have the same problem i cant get it to read the flags when someone disconnects but it someone times out it says they disconnected can anyone give me a hand with this i never thought i needed the flags till recent when ive been trying to implement added mass and other things
Quote from Reese :

LFS currently uses DL's, not OG's anymore. LFS Extrenal is unfortunately yet to be updated as it only supports old OG's. T-RonX is on it, so hopefully it's only matter of time when new lib is released. I have project of my own (new gauge lights) so I'm waiting this too.

Here is chapter from LFS\Doc\InSim.txt which contains the updated flags:
Quote :
DL_SHIFT, // bit 0 - shift light
DL_FULLBEAM, // bit 1 - full beam
DL_HANDBRAKE, // bit 2 - handbrake
DL_PITSPEED, // bit 3 - pit speed limiter
DL_TC, // bit 4 - TC active or switched off
DL_SIGNAL_L, // bit 5 - left turn signal
DL_SIGNAL_R, // bit 6 - right turn signal
DL_SIGNAL_ANY, // bit 7 - shared turn signal
DL_OILWARN, // bit 8 - oil pressure warning
DL_BATTERY, // bit 9 - battery warning
DL_ABS, // bit 10 - ABS active or switched off
DL_SPARE, // bit 11
DL_NUM

Hello!

im trying to learn some C# while making this, so dont shoot me

i have managed to copy/paste the code below:
InSim.Send_BTN_CreateButton("^7Drift Angle: " + Convert.ToInt16((MCI.Info[i].Heading * (180f / 16384f)) - (MCI.Info[i].Direction * (180f / 16384f))), Flags.ButtonStyles.ISB_DARK, 5, 30, 0, 64, 171, (Connections[GetConnIdx(Players[GetPlyIdx(MCI.Info[i].PLID)].UniqueID)].UniqueID), 2, false);

what im trying to do is to show drift angle of car. i think its working a bit, but weird numbers suddenly appear. sorry to bother you guys

EDIT: found the problem... stupid me it wasnt 180f / 16384f but 180f / 32768f
Quote from jto93 :Hello!

im trying to learn some C# while making this, so dont shoot me

i have managed to copy/paste the code below:
InSim.Send_BTN_CreateButton("^7Drift Angle: " + Convert.ToInt16((MCI.Info[i].Heading * (180f / 16384f)) - (MCI.Info[i].Direction * (180f / 16384f))), Flags.ButtonStyles.ISB_DARK, 5, 30, 0, 64, 171, (Connections[GetConnIdx(Players[GetPlyIdx(MCI.Info[i].PLID)].UniqueID)].UniqueID), 2, false);

what im trying to do is to show drift angle of car. i think its working a bit, but weird numbers suddenly appear. sorry to bother you guys

EDIT: found the problem... stupid me it wasnt 180f / 16384f but 180f / 32768f

Good work there.. thinking learners are a rare situation here. Especially ones that re-check their code while waiting for replies instead of making someone else do it for them.

Actually, you're the first one that I, personally see. Good luck with your application and keep it up like this.

I'm just so impressed...
Quote from broken :Good work there.. thinking learners are a rare situation here. Especially ones that re-check their code while waiting for replies instead of making someone else do it for them.

Actually, you're the first one that I, personally see. Good luck with your application and keep it up like this.

I'm just so impressed...

ooo, thanks man
Any news when the release is coming of the new update?
Quote from kyler :Any news when the release is coming of the new update?

It's not that hard to reach the conclusion that when it is released, T-RonX will probably post a reply about it and bump the thread.

Also, logically, the first post will also be updated. So just watch the thread.
I know. i was just asking if he knew kinda like when. a eta.
EDIT: I sorted this out. See next post

Hi.
First of all, I must say my knowledge of VB is very poor.

I want to make something similar to LFS Rev Limiter (just for learn). The problem is I want LFS to press "i". So I looked in google a found this:
My.Computer.Keyboard.SendKeys("i")

But this command does not work well, because LFS don't do anything (apart for changing the shifmode if I write a "G")

So I thought using the packet SCH, but I don't know how to send it to the game.

Anyone could help me?
Ok, I found how to do it, but it only work with fixed keys (V, H, 3...), the same as /press

How can I press a configurable key?
Private Declare Sub keybd_event Lib "user32.dll" _
(ByVal bVk As Byte, ByVal bScan As Byte, _
ByVal dwFlags As Long, ByVal dwExtraInfo As Long)

Const KEYEVENTF_KEYUP = &H2
Const VK_I = &H49

that sets the constant key for VK_I... ( %H49 = the key i)

keybd_event(VK_I, 0, KEYEVENTF_KEYUP, 0)
System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(100)
keybd_event(VK_I, 0, 0, 0)
System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(100)

1st line = key up the key "i" (if it's pressed, it's released)
2nd line = a delay between 1st and 3rd line
3rd line = pressing the key "i"
4th line = another delay

i've just made my outgauge rev limiter some days ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPLYHc4ZkGU
that's it's video

i'm waiting for the Outgauge update, for z28 hehehe

Greets from Argentina and sorry for my bad english!
hmm
demoer drives @ South City with an Modified UF1

Theres something wrong here
cool application
but why you can use Barriers on other vids?
and UF1000?
and South City?
-
(Bass-Driver) DELETED by Bass-Driver
i beat with you, he will say he posted with Demo Account coz he forgott his S2 webpasswort or he was to lazy xD

nice app is this app ingame? as InSim Menue or as a picture edit ?
Gracias Poli!!!!

Thanks

EDIT: since my last modification in the program it didn't lost the syncronization. 0% errors by now, thanks again
Another account, a friend's one.

The app is totally apart from the game, it only reads the data and shows what it reads. What's more, when the rpm are over the rpm set at the program, it gives an "i" key stroke (the code i've put before)

-----------------------

De nada, Whiskey! (You're welcome!)
I'm glad it works any doubt, ask, we could find a solution
Quote from [P]oli :Another account, a friend's one.

The app is totally apart from the game, it only reads the data and shows what it reads. What's more, when the rpm are over the rpm set at the program, it gives an "i" key stroke (the code i've put before)

-----------------------

De nada, Whiskey! (You're welcome!)
I'm glad it works any doubt, ask, we could find a solution

Whats your "friends" licence?
Ok, can we please not turn into another demo user-flame thread? At least take in mind that this thread doesn't deserve it.
Quote from PoVo :Whats your "friends" licence?

I Don't know, it's his problem. Isn't it?

----

I only tried to help a mate, so, try to be better ppl and HELP!
How do you edit the .cs files and then them actually work cause you cant compile them... Well at least if you can I dont know how to... so confusing... I tried to edit them but the changes have no effect what do i use to make the changes actually show up?

EDIT: I have all the needed applications... I open the files they just dont compile or whatever they need to do to actually change.
.csproj

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG