The online racing simulator
The best overall car between...
(22 posts, started )
What is the best car with the proper setup to drive between: FXO, FZR and the XRR?
And please tell why you think so...
#2 - Lible
It`s impossible question! All i can tell you, is that XRR is the slowest
FZR is fastest on a straight line (which makes it fastest overall).
FXR is fastest around corners and best off the line, but it is slowest overall. It's also pretty easy to handle.
XRR is best in.. umm..
#4 - Lible
XRR is only fast at very fast tracks
Which of these then will be the best "noob" car? :P because i've tried all 3 so far, and i like the FZR best, be sometimes i really don't like it around corners, because sometimes i just lose controll, the XRR i don't like at all, but the FXO is a okay car, i really like the handling but yes i've noticed that it isn't so fast at straight lines...
#6 - bbman
My 2 cents: Pick the car you're most consistent with...
The FXO is by far the easiest to drive. You can just mash the throttle at the apex and not worry about losing the tail, you can also really use the turbo lag, and get on the throttle a lot sooner. You also don't have to worry about the grass, dirty tires don't seem to matter. It also is practically impossible to get stuck in the gravel, but very easy in the other cars.
Yea, so its betweem FZR and the FXO, very unsure of what i want to stick with, the car i'am going to drive the most, so if someone wants to come with some experience about these 2 cars, that would be fine =)
#9 - ORION
FXR is the easiest to drive, but not the easiest to drive fast
(only on the fast tracks of course, because 4WD is always fast on slow tracks )
I find the FZR the easiest to drive, but I like cars that keep you on your toes . I find the FXO is a completely unsatsifying car to drive and I just can't read what it's doing.
I would start with the FXR and learn the tracks with it. But this car isn't a winner in terms of speed. But it is sometimes nice to be passed on straight and then take it back in the turn by later braking

I personally started with the FXR (and F08 ) and then moved to the FZR. I am even driving the XRR occasionally..
For me it's the same as for Hyperactive. Started on FXR and then went to FZR.
FZR = + Fastest in overall speed (cornering and topspeed) very good acceleration
- More fuel consumption and tyre wear

FXR = + Easy to drive (and even fun as much as i'm concerned) less fuel consumption (tyre wear i don't know)
- Overall the slowest car of the three

XRR = + Fast in corners low fuel consumption and from what i've seen low tyre wear too
- Slow acceleration (race starts ) , hard to drive imo

I think that could be accurate, it's at least the experience i've done with the 3. I didn't drive the XRR many laps cause it don't suits me so it can be that my opinion of this car is wrong.
FZR - Fastest and probably the most rewarding for smooth driving. Hardest to control though and uses the most fuel in races.

XRR - Slightly slower, but a bit easier to drive when at the limit. Uses less fuel so does have some advantages over the FZR in some cases. Where the FZR may have to stop to refuel, the XRR may be able to just go staright to the finish.

FXR - Definately the easiest to drive, not as rewading as the others for smooth driving. Its 4 wheels drive layout means its by far the easiest to control, and the least likely to spin out when at the limit.
I found it really funny when I was testing all three GTR's on FE Gold and the two RWD's understeered a lot more than the FXR... Maybe just the setups...
FXR is the FXO/FOX these shortened names make me confused some times :P
I reckon the FZR is the best overall, when driven well. Conservative driving will preserve tyres , it has good acceleration, no turbo lag etc. The FXR is good in corners and forgiving in acceleration out of them, but the turbo lag & weight mean it doesn't accelerate out particularly fast. Off the line, FZR can actually be accelerated more efficiently with appropriate use of gas/clutch. XRR also has the turbo lag issues but is not bad in long races.

Yet, FZR rules either way. ~In My Opinion~.
Quote from Nitrius :FXR is the FXO/FOX these shortened names make me confused some times :P

FXO = FXO
FOX - Formula XR
FXR = FXO GTR
My favourite is the XRR since it's a perfect endurance car. Low fuel consumtion and (if properly set up) easy on the tires as well. It can be tricky out of a corner, but it it's at least as fast as the FZR on the straight.
But.. As said above. Use the car you're most stable with. Stable laptimes will become fast stable laptimes in time. The most important thing in racing is to stay on track and out of trouble.
I'll stick to the FZR i think, so i wonder if anyone have some driving tips with it? and setups, what the best, have one overall setup that works decent on all track(if thats possible) or have one for each track that really "rocks"? :P
FZR is the fastest overall, making it a perfect beginner's car.

Real men drive XRR of course, but you need to be good at dodging FZR wreckers spinning in T1.
hell, i like XRR most. i a mouse driver, and XRR is pretty easy to drive , even with mouse.
im always pretty close to the FZR's so i cant be so slow :P
but for sure, FZR is the fastest, and FXR the easiest.
I'd also vote for the FZR. It's the easiest RWD car to drive at the limit
imo. You can (will!) powerdrift it all over the track. You just can't do
this with other cars as easily. That said, if you can't drive a RWD,
the FXR might be easier, but both understeer quite a bit...

(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG